Stoneham Hotel

1440 Avenu Du Hibou, Stoneham, PQ, G0A 4P0, CA

Good For No Data
  • Canuck5's Profile Photo

Stoneham Mountain Resort

The Stoneham Mountain Resort is located at the base of the ski hills for which the hotel is named. I stayed here in the off-season (Oct. 2008), so of course there was no snow on the ground.

This resort is a 30-minute drive north of Quebec City, in the area of Stoneham and Tewkesbury.

The management was accommodating a large group of us, and we found them very helpful. Their pub was open for suppers, and they put on a buffet breakfast for us each morning. As well, since none of the rooms had an iron or ironing table (why would rooms for skiers in the high season need them anyway ?), they went out and purchased six of each.

The rooms were large and clean, and came equipped with a mini fridge, coffee maker, TV, ice bucket, lots of closet space, and shampoo and soap. The showers were full-flow, but some in our group complained that they ended up taking cold showers (so get up early).

Whoever put the first coat of paint on the walls in my room (222) must have thought their graffiti wouldn't be seen once the second coat was applied, but against the incoming sunlight, it is noticeable. Overall though, the room was fine.

Unique Quality: I like to hike, so I got a map from the info desk at the ski lodge, and took a 3-hour hiking trail which brought me to the two highest of the three summits. The trail is of moderate difficulty, and the highest summit is at 640 meters. If you're hiking this trail alone, either attach a bell to your backpack, or call out every so often, because I was told that there are bears in the area. Don't forget to take a bottle of water with you.

There are a couple of restaurants in the area, between the exit of the highway and the resort, but they're too far away to walk to. There's also an IGA grocery store a couple of kms from the resort.

When I was there, they had a free shuttle bus that got us to these places (but I'm not sure if this shuttle runs all the time through the year).

Comments