Chateau Vaudreuil

21 700 TRANS CANADA HIGHWAY, Vaudreuil, QU J7V8P3

Good For No Data
  • WEDDING

I got married at Chateau Vaudreuil this past weekend. Let me start off with saying that the way they run the show "the day off" is fantastic. Food and service is FANTASTIC!
    BUT - getting there is painful. Their administration is slow to respond; at the end of 2011 they changed a lot of the banquet management staff around and didn’t even let us know. Our wedding planner ended up driving there unannounced as emails kept bouncing back, phone were not answered and messages left were not returned. It took 3 weeks to be able to meet with their babysitter and book the service for the day of the wedding. It took 2 months to get a confirmation of the menu we had chosen for our celebration. In general it seems that there is a communication problem with the reservations/hotel management and the banquet service.
    The day off the wedding, a family member experienced horrible service at the restaurant and a very unfriendly waiter - so he threw a fit... Instead of the manager coming up and telling him to calm down and give him a free coffee or something, our family member was advised that he should a) be speaking French and b) not behave like this as otherwise he would be excluded from the wedding. The banquet manager also threatened our wedding planner with the cancellation of the wedding because of this incident. I wasn’t present for this, but I had breakfast at the Chateau the next day - and boy were some of the waiters unfriendly. They were setting up for their famous brunch and needed us to make room - and instead of telling us that politely, they rudely told us to get out of the restaurant. I also heard from some of our guests that they encountered unfriendly and slow service staff - but only at the hotel restaurants, as said the banquet staff was fantastic.
    The ceremony set up was beautiful. It was raining on and off, so instead of getting married in the Gazebo, they had set up an open tent. They even sent people with huge umbrellas to protect us from the rain walking back to the pavilion. They waiters were the nicest people, especially the 2 headwaiters karim and a girl whose name i forgot were fantastic. Unfortunately the banquet manager had a bit of a strange attitude, he seemed to be forgetting that we are paying a lot of money to be there and celebrate and that he and everyone else is providing a service to us - and not doing us a favor.
    We did have a problem with the babysitting service. The lady who took care of our baby was truly fantastic and she arrived on time. But even though we called the reception to send her over, she was waiting in the lobby while we were waiting for her in the pavilion. And instead of having her come over to get the baby, our wedding planner had to put up a fight with the banquet manager to transport the baby to the lobby. I mean we are paying this lady to help us - why can’t she come and get the baby? I had even met the sitter a week before the wedding to make sure my child was in good hands - so this hiccup really bothered me.
    Once the reception started, things went flawless. Food was amazing, service was great, and midnight buffet was delicious.

But unless you have nerves of steel, I would not recommend this place for a wedding.

Comments