Comfort Inn Regina

Value Score

Average Value

Price and Rating Equal to similar hotels

See Travelers Recommended Hotels

Knights Inn not a nights sleep!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 12, 2009

The front desk staff does not know how to process the most simple of transactions. We were to register under a Third party credit card; the room was booked by the card-holder. All information was faxed to the motel. We registered. We informed the front desk that we were going to sleep immediately and that we did not want to be disturbed. That was at 18:00Hm. The front desk staff realized that they didn't know what to do. So at 20:15 they called the room requesting alternate payment. Then they called at 21:00, and 21:15, and 21:30. Realizing we were not going to get any sleep that night we went to the desk gave them an alternate credit card, and checked out. They had to check the room to ensure we didn't damage it.
The room was filthy at check-in. It smelled of old grease, or sweat, perhaps human oil. There was a pervading odour of mould and/or mildew (to which I am allergic) as well. The bathtub surface was scratched and rusted. The towels, hand-towels, and washcloths were frayed, yellow, and grey. But they were supposed to be white.
The staff and management offer no consideration for their guests. Indeed the registration card says they may enter the room at ANY time.
My associates were woken in the middle of their night by the manager on duty walking into their room (without knocking). They were very close to being violent, being woken because the manager wanted to check the room.

NOTICE TO GUESTS:
1) This property is privately owned and the management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, and will not be responsible for the safety and well being of its' guests, nor their property, nor for the loss of money, jewellery or valuables of any kind belonging to Customer/Guests.
2) All customers have to abide by the rules posted in the office. The management reserves the right to change these rules verbally, at any time.
3) Room payment is to be paid in advance, or we will lock you out without notice and keep your personal property that is left in the room.
4) Once paid and checked in, NO REFUNDS will be given, regardless of the reason, even if the motel is at fault.
5) Management has the right to enter occupied rooms at any time day or night without consulting the occupant of the room.
6) Monthly and weekly rentals must be paid in advance; NO REFUNDS will be made for early check-out.
7) No Customer/Guest may party at anytime. The Management reserves the right to disturb the Customer/Guest at anytime.
8) Check-out time is 11:00 am at 11:01 you will be charged for the day, no exceptions.

So obviously, Customer care and service is not high on their priority list. Getting as much of your money for as little as possible IS. My bedding was not changed from the previous guest, which was obvious by the hair on the pillow and sheets. I slept atop the bedcovers.

They are changing their name to INNTOWNER as their reputation is catching up with them.
The owner (Kulbir Mavi) I was told has five of these fleabags in the city of Regina. I am told I know nothing about running a hotel. I was a hotel accountant for 12 years. My family owns and operates an 1880 room hotel in the Chamonix in France. I may not know much above running hotels, but I know more than this whole family combined.
I cannot put a rating on this motel as it defies all accommodation standards, everywhere. I can say a ditch would have been more amenable. And given the option of staying at the Knights Inn at 1009 Albert Street, Regina Saskatchewan or a cold wet ditch, I'd take the ditch.
I have cancelled the Credit Card I used as alternate payment. Guess what, they charged the original card no problem. They probably would have charged both in the end.

Do NOT STAY at the Inntowner/Knights Inn in Regina. Do not stay anywhere near 1009 Albert Street. If the owner/Operator is Kulbir Mavi do not register. Do not give any form of payment!!!!!!

Unique Quality: For what you pay, they overcharge to the extreme. We did not get any sleep the night we went, and the people at the front desk were unapologetic. No effort was made to reimburse us for our troubles.
The photos of the Knights Inn are when it was a Comfort Inn. They are no longer members of that chain. They are in the process of changing their name to the InnTowner, but it is the owner/management/family/staff that are at fault and the reason for their dwindling reputation.
Recommendation: Raze the place, build a 7-11.

Directions: DO NOT try to find this place. It is a waste of time. effort, and money.

Nearby Comfort Inn Regina

• Continental Breakfast
  • Shuttle Service
  • Free High Speed Internet

Regina Travel Forum

Need advice about Regina, Canada? Visit the Travel Forum for Regina and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Regina hotel reviews

Explore Deeper into Regina
RCMP Heritage Centre
East Indian cuisine
Restaurants
Great location in the heart of downtown
Restaurants
Surprised to find Bison in Regina!
Things to Do
Marvel at a relic of a by-gone era!
Wascana Park
Tour the Legislative Building and Grounds
Visit the RCMP Museum
A 'no fuss' breakfast spot
Restaurants
Steak House with a Greek flair!
Visit the Royal Saskatchewan Museum
Things to Do
My world food-tour continues!
Very enjoyable East Indian food
One of Canada's best brew-pubs
I was impressed!
A 'British Pub' Styled Restaurant
Preparations for the Ceremony
Nice Atmosphere; Great Service; Tasty Beer
Wascana Waterfowl Park & Display Ponds
Things to Do
Best Vegetarian in Town!!!
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) Academy