Country Inn & Suites Regina

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Regina
Expedia.com CountryInns.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Regina

Sign at the Manitoba border, rubbing it in!Sign at the Manitoba border, rubbing it in!

One of Wascana Park's small islands at rightOne of Wascana Park's small islands at right

Part of the fruit & vegetables areaPart of the fruit & vegetables area

Grekos' - not too fancy from the outsideGrekos' - not too fancy from the outside

It was boring?

by ghettosteph

I'm just wondering if you checked out the RCMP Academy, Sunset Ceremony or Heritage Centre, Wascana Centre and Park, the Legislative Building, CBC, Royal SK Museum, Dunlop Art Gallery, SK Science Centre...or even any pubs, restaurants, nightclubs, spas, bowling alleys, pool halls...I think you get the picture!

RE: It was boring?

by vtveen

what is your question .... ???

RE: RE: It was boring?

by Jefie

Not sure what you mean either, but you can check out my Regina page (http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/79191/dcf0c/) for tips on some of the places you mention. There isn't that much to do in Regina, but I wouldn't say it's boring either. I was there for 4-5 days and I quite enjoyed my visit.

Cheers,
Isa

RE: It was boring?

by Redlats

I've checked out about half of your list. I can report that everything is there as advertised. ;o)

Travel Tips for Regina

RCMP

by Karolina01

Here is the training centre for members of Canada's elite police force, highly respected throughout the country and the world. The standards to get in are high and the trainig is comparable to that of U.S. and Royal Marines.

'Wild' animals just outside Regina

by vtveen

Next to the Ipsco plant you find some grazing buffalo’s and deer in their paddocks.
On the same grounds is also a heated swimming pool (for the kids).

Ideal if you are travelling with children, but also a nice stop on your way North or Northwest
Situated: along ‘Highway 11’ to Saskatoon just outside Regina.

Moose Jaw: murals and more ....

by vtveen

Moose Jaw is a nice destination for day trip from Regina, about 75 km’s away. The first thing to enjoy is the drive over Highway 1. For me as a Dutchman it is incredible to drive such a straight road; it is just like a ruler through the plains of Saskatchewan. Driving these road you do understand while all cars in Canada do have cruise control; it is so empty and you don't see hardly cars.

Moose Jaw has a couple of interesting sites for tourists. There are the “Temple Gardens Mineral Spa” with water up to 40º C. Nearby is a casino. On the main street you will find the famous “tunnels”. During a guided tour you get a good impression of the way Chinese ‘slaves’ did work and live under the ground in very bad circumstances. Other tunnels were used by gangsters for smuggling alcohol into the States.

But Moose Jaw is perhaps most famous for its murals. About 40 buildings are decorated with (mostly) historical pictures about Moose Jaw and Regina. They can be found on buildings in town. Get a map with this murals at Tourism Moose Jaw, 50 Diefenbaker Drive.

Oh, there is a lovely tearoom/giftshop called Cranberry Rose, 436 Langdon Crescent !!!

Great location in the heart of downtown

by Bwana_Brown about Copper Kettle

The Copper Kettle is located in an old building built in 1929 and located directly across Scarth Street from the popular grassed and treed Victoria Park in downtown Regina. Sue and I were out for a weekend stroll on a typical high-20s C day with sunshine when we happened upon this restaurant with its summer sidewalk seating. However, we were a bit late in the afternoon and most of the tables were already taken with a few groups already feeling 'no pain' - plus it was actually too hot to be sitting directly in the sunshine, so we decided to check out the indoor seating. In the end, we sat in a small elevated area near the front windows but had a good inside view of the bar area. After sitting for a while, I realized that maybe I should just go up to the bar to order our food, because they seemed a bit short-staffed for the amount of business they were dealing with - although hardly anyone was inside. Keeping it simple, we ordered a Bruschetta ($8) and a Quesadilla ($8) as well as a large Keith's draft beer ($6) and a Billy Goat Chardonay ($8) that came in a chilled can - they said they have so few wine drinkers that it is better to use individually sized products. The food was a really long time coming and they actually forgot my order completely until I went back some time later to ask what was happening. No problem though, because we engaged in some interesting conversation with a visiting couple from British Columbia who were sitting next to us. When it came, the food was quite good - but they are mostly known for their pizzas.

Ghost farms

by lauriejeanne

Continuing along the Trans Canada Highway for another hour or so, I then turned onto a smaller highway heading north. To my dismay, the speed limit dropped even further (from 100 km/h to 90). My cousin, an RCMP officer in Saskatchewan, had warned me about the province’s low toleration of speeders, so I reset the cruise control and searched for a radio station to accompany me on my way. I passed ghost towns and farms. The road narrowed and the farms appeared fewer and farther between.

Comments