Mariano Escobedo 700, Colonia Anzures, Mexico City

Expedia.com Hotels.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• enzhu's Profile Photo

Good hotel but not very convenient

The hotel is good in general. The people in frontdesk are very professional and helpful.
    However, the hotel is about over 10 minutes walk from closest subway station, it could be dangerous to walk in night.
    Some other minor issues I don't like:
    1. It costs about 175peso per day to use internet access in the hotel. I don't like it since I'm a tourist there, I like to check my email but it won't be more than one hour per day. I don't like to pay a full day price of one hour usage.
    2. Everytime they do clean for the room, they will turn on the TV to its own channel which shows about the hotel. It leaves the TV on for hours while nobody there at all. I don't see any use to do that.
    3. I didn't see a refergirator in my room.

Unique Quality: Very professional and helpful staffs.

• gypsysoul73's Profile Photo

Massive hotel

The Camino Real hotel in Mariano Escobedo is an impressive ultra-modern sprawling hotel that sits on 7 1/2 acres of land, and boasts of some of the best restaurants and bars in the city, as well as large rooms and excellent facilities. The hotel was massive, over 700 rooms in just 4 floors.

• GlobeTrottin's Profile Photo

Not the best way to get there... But it worked!

The hotel is fairly close to a metro stop, and we decided to 'rough' it from the airport.

When we exited the metro, we were a little uncertain which direction to walk, so we asked some police. Believe it or not- they escorted us to the hotel.
    I'm sure the hotel personnel were wondering what kind of guests had just walked in, but we were delighted with the people of Mexico City. Very warm, kind, polite people.

I know there are a lot of warnings, but we had a great experience in Mexico City. This hotel is wonderfully situated, a lot of personnel very ready to help, great restaurants.
    Have fun!

Unique Quality: The hotel itself is a work of art, enjoy your explorations.

There's a Rufino Tamayo mural, “Man Facing Eternity” and sculptures etc.

• nancyw's Profile Photo

Best hotel food I've ever had!

I spent two nights at the Camino Real near Chapultapec Park. The hotel is hard to miss, since it is painted in bright yellows, pinks and blues, typical of the Camino Real chain.

The hotel is old, but has been well-maintained and is uniquely decorated. The Blue Lounge, just off the lobby, has a great ambiance, with low lighting and a relaxing view of a large pool/fountain.

My room was very comfortable, with a great bed and wonderful bathroom that included a large tub. Great water pressure in the shower which is always a plus. Free wi-fi in the rooms was another plus.

The best thing about the hotel, though, was the food. Because I was there for business I just had two quick room service dinners - both terrific (enchiladas with mole one night - chicken tacos and guacamole the next). The best meal was the catered luncheon served as part of the meeting I attended. I have NEVER in all my years of attending/speaking at conferences EVER had such a wonderful meal served to a large group. Very traditionally Mexican, the meal began with slightly crisp vegetables in a creamy sauce, served in a puff pastry "box". The main course was chicken stuffed with cuitacoche - that's a fungus that grows on corn. Sounds gross, tastes great! Dessert was a light pie, made of layers of strawberry and hazelnut gelato. All the food was served at the proper temperature and was of a caliber I'd have expected in a gourmet restaurant.

Only negative about the hotel is that it is very spread out and not friendly to those with disabilities. There are stairs involved in getting to the main lobby and meeting rooms as well as most restaurants and I saw no way someone in a wheel chair could easily move about.

Unique Quality: In addition to the unique decor, there are several excellent restaurants, including Le Cirque - associated with the restaurants of the same name in Las Vegas and New York.

Rather than being a typical high-rise building, the hotel has only a few floors and is spread over several acres, creating the feeling that you're at a resort, rather than in the center of one of the largest cities in the world.

• kucha's Profile Photo

An old-timer

I stayed several times on business at this old hotel. Formerly one of the most common business hotels in the city, the Camino Real is beginning to show its age. The rooms are big enough and the service -- like most places in the city is very good -- but everything looks a bit frayed around the edges.

Unique Quality: Breakfast is quite good at this hotel. They might possibly have the best chilequiles in town.!

More about Camino Real Mexico City

GOING TO MEXICO CITY!!!

by ragatzzabella

We are a group of young ladies (middle 20's) goint to mexico city in April 8,9,10,11...........
so if you want to get in touch with us to enjoy the city
and hang out at night .........let us know........!!!!!!!

We just love to meet new people from all over the world!!!!

Hope to hear from you all........

by pedroebc

ok party ragazzas andiamo io espero unas birras en al citta, jusque la prochaine je toi voux au al ville
pedro

by JORGEZ

Hello!
where or in which area you will be?
Br
Jorge

by forty_some

Hii...my first trip to Mexico City....and looking for company...travelling alone...will be staying at the Hotel Camino Real...at a loose end on the 10th & 11th...before i get down to some business on 12th/13th...and am then off to Sao Paulo for the next weekend!
Am working and living in Paris...but asian in origin...and my age is in my name!!!....
Never done this before....should be interesting....so willing to give it a try!
Write in at forty_some@yahoo.com
Take care...and have fun!

Comments