Elicar Bed and Breakfast

Martha 157, Col. Guadalupe Tepeyac, Mexico City, 07840, Mexico

More about Mexico City

Another harmonipan player in Mexico City.Another harmonipan player in Mexico City.

Not All Gringos are this Innocent!Not All Gringos are this Innocent!

My wife, me, my daughter and Laura at FocolareMy wife, me, my daughter and Laura at Focolare

Edificio de correosEdificio de correos

Two days in Mexico City

by Iowa2

OK, so I'm being lazy and I admit it. I know there are hundreds of posts here on what to see and do. There in lies the problem.

We will be coming back from a Rotary work effort in Xicotepec and will be tired.

It's our first time there. What should we see and do in a few days that would be really easy and worth what effort we have remaining?

We typically avoid the "touristy" places, but we will have just left the real Mexico.

Re: Two days in Mexico City

by Laura_Mexico

Well, I'm lazy too so here's what I can offer:

Downtown: Cathedral - Government Palace - Bellas Artes (fine arts) palace - Templo Mayor ruins

Chapultepec area (close to Polanco): Castle - Anthropological museum - other museums (modern art) - zoo park

Southern part of the city: Coyoacan neighborhood/square - Frida Kahlo's museum - Xochimilco

Outside of the city, some 1-2 hours towards the north: Teotihuacan pyramids

You can find plenty of details for any of these activities among the tips posted in the site..... so pick whichever you think might interest you the most and thus it might be less tiring for you to investigate about the detailed information for those few things you choose to do/see. Good luck in your trip...

Travel Tips for Mexico City

Homeless

by filipdebont

Of course when you walk in a big city, you also see the not so beautiful things of our modern society, like poverty and homeless. As we passed this little park, El Jardin de la Solidaridad, we saw people camping in plastic self-made tents, our guide told us that it was kind of a demonstration of some homeless.

COPING IN MEXICO CITY

by dls28

When walking in the city you might be approached by people just trying to sell something or begging for coins, especially in the metro you will find people selling DVDs and CDs. It is not considered insulting to ignore these people if you are not interested.

Backpack

by Aptypo

Stay away from the CHEAP ones! The ones with lots of EXTERNAL POCKETS are easy to steal from. Use one that seems a bit too SMALL that forces you to skip some unnecessary things. Remember that you are most likely going to have more things when coming home than when you go.

Find the Metropolitan Cathedral...

by morgane1692

and just look down as you enter the church. Not exactly OTBP, but I don't think many people bother to notice the worn and weathered wood stoop. You do have to step up and over it or you will trip and fall on your face, but the aged wood's pattern of wear is interesting to muse over. How many thousands and perhaps a million? hmmmm...people have trod this path ahead of you?

Night Clubs

by Ricardo_J_M about LA BOOM

There are many places to hang out in D.F.
The only problems are, if you are looking at stepping in line and moving right in...be in for a wait. Most of the clubs that are sought after are difficult to get into. If you are in a group of single guys....look for girls to get you in ; ) Dress to impress....after all in is hard enough to get into.

Comments