Embassy Suites Hotel Mexico City-Reforma

Le Meridien Mexico City
Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Embassy Suites Hotel Mexico City-Reforma

Great Hotel, a little Pricey but worth it!

by TripAdvisor Member worldsport

I stayed in this hotel for a week on a business trip. I have to say it's amenities and services were great. There is a 2 hour cocktail hour everyday from 6-8 where you can get free drinks and snacks, while tipping of course, and breakfast is also free and a huge variety of items to choose from. The hotel also has a nice hot tub, work out room, and pool in the basement level. They also have business services and currency exchange and a Starbucks on the ground floor areas. It is also located in the Reforma district and in front of the Turibus stop where you can hop on and take a 4 hour tour of the city for nearly 100 peso's per day or 150 peso's for a 2 day weekend pass, which is well worth it.

The area is also central to many great tourist area's, museums, downtown, and shopping areas. If you plan on driving, the valet is $8 per day which is comprabable to most 4 or 5 star hotels.

Overall I had a great experience at this hotel and if needing to go back, I wouldn't mind staying at this hotel again.

Ok, but not great

by TripAdvisor Member jsp3

I had read all the outstanding reviews here of this property before making my reservation to stay there this month. I was in town for an industry meeting and stayed two nights. It does have a kind of boutique feel and reminded me somewhat of the Doubletree Washington D.C. But I wasn't as impressed as the rest of you have been. 2 out of the 3 lifts didn't work while I was there. The furnishings in my room were nice and new, but the A/C fan in the room doesn't shut off ever even if it reaches the set temperature, and it's loud! The public area is really small and the hotel has no "buzz" about it. For some that may be a positive.

The staff did want to help however they could and repeatedly asked me about my stay. They spoke good English and were able to hail taxis for me. You'll need a taxi too because I found the location somewhat inconvenient. It seems like it's in between major areas along Reforma. My meetings were at the Intercon Presidente - not a far ride away but a bit expensive fare. Next time I think I'll try the W Hotel near the Intercon Presidente.

Love the brand-new Embassy Suites! Will stay here again!

by TripAdvisor Member AlaskaFamilia

We chose the Embassy Suites based on the reviews on TripAdvisor. We are so glad we did! The hotel is brand new (celebrating its first year on Jan. 1, 2008), and the accommodations are top-notch. We booked a room with two extremely comfortable double beds in one room and a pull-out couch in the other room -- ideal for a family of four. Both rooms had flat-screen TVs (a plus for the kids). We got a great deal on the room. Since December tends to be the low season, we got rooms online for $100 per night. We returned after a five day trip to Acapulco and paid $129 per night. Upon our return, the room contained a nice card welcoming us back and a card from the manager. A very nice, personal touch that made us feel even better about a wonderful hotel.

The complimentary breakfasts are amazing. A full buffet with cook-to-order omelettes, traditional Mexican dishes, lox, fresh juices, a full selection of pastries and breads, a beautiful array of tropical fruits, cereals, and more. There is also a complimentary managers reception in the evening.

Service at the hotel is very attentive. Other highlights: the gym, pool and a self-service laundry for a low-price. The location is good. We walked to the zocolo and other sites in one direction and Chepultepec Park in the other. This is a wonderful hotel for families with small children or teens, as well as adults traveling. We would definitely stay here again!

Embassy Suites - Convenience and Good Service

by TripAdvisor Member Domrcpl

My family and I just returned from a 6-day vacation in Mexico City. We booked two suites at the Embassy Suites-Reforma and found the place more than adequate. I can see why it would be very popular with both tourists and businesspersons. It is about a 15-minute walk to the Historic Center. It is located right on Reforma - Mexico City's beautiful major artery along which are located many office buildings. I understand the building itself used to be a government building but you couldn't tell that from the excellent renovation and new furnishings. Service is first-rate most of the time. The breakfast room does get crowded at times but then again we were there during the holidays when there were a lot of other families vacationing. The concierge can arrange for just about any tour or transportation you need. I would recommend doing that but I did find that prices kept on varying depending on the concierge you deal with. For most destinations, the hotel has published rates. Ask to see their rate card to ensure that you are at least getting a "standard" rate. Overall, a very good hotel that we can highly recommend. Anyone who is interested in the name of the excellent tour guide we had can contact me off-line.

Good choice

by TripAdvisor Member worldtraveller008

Definitely a good choice for staying in Mexico City. Seemed to have all the necessary business amenities. Most of the staff that I encountered spoke English well, probably because the vast majority of the guests seemed to be Americans. Rooms and facilities are well tended to, beds are comfortable, all suite rooms are a good size, staff is generally helpful and friendly. However, the hotel does not seem to be well known and I did not encounter even one taxi driver who had heard of it during my entire stay- so be sure to make a note of the street address. Other than that, this is a good choice for a hotel in Mexico City.

A great hotel and a great price

by TripAdvisor Member TravelingFamilyNW

My husband, 7 year old daughter and I stayed at the Embassy Suites for 7 nights during this winter holiday and we loved it. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. They even have a washer and dryer available, a real boost for anyone travelling with children. The suites are very roomy with the living room being more than ample for the fold out couch. The buffet breakfast has something for everyone. It is located exactly 2 miles from the entrance to Chapultapec Park and a little less tha a mile from the Palacio de Belles Artes and the Zocalo. The bus runs up and down Ave. Reforma all day so if you dont' feel like walking you can just hop the bus for 25 cents. The metro stop (Hidalgo) is about a 10 minute walk away and from there you can get virtually anywhere in Mexico City that your heart desires (yup for 25 cents). My husband who travels weekly on business rates the service at this hotel as some of the best he's gotten. We highly recommend this hotel.

as good as the reviews said...

by TripAdvisor Member cageyLondon

Credit where credit is due..... I was a little bit sceptical of all the positive reviews on tripadvisor (before I went) but have to say that this hotel met expectations. The staff are all genuinely helpful and friendly including an excellent conceirge.
The rooms are great.
The only slight negative was the cost of the hotel taxi service (three times that of a local radio cab) but at least you know it is safe.
The only problem was after the Embassy suites the other hotels we stayed in mexico were not as good.

Above every expectation!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member JEO-DFW

We selected this hotel tbecause it has good location and an excellent rate. We were not expecting anything more than that or better service than in any other Embassy Suites. To our surprise this hotel was far above our expectations in every level. As soon as you get there the Concierge welcomes you with bottled water, the front desk staff was friendly and extremely courteous. The hotel lobby is small but very well distributed, it is trendy, modern, and beautiful. The hotel rooms are huge with new furniture. It was very clean and comfy. The indoor pool and hot tub are very cozy and private. Service was outstanding from the housekeeper, to the engineering guy, to bellboys and bartenders. The breakfast and manager's cocktail add the perfect touch to make this hotel truly outstanding. The only dissapointing part was the hotel restaurant, not bad but it could be better.

no better place to stay in Mexico City

by TripAdvisor Member kristensanfrancisco

I'm happy to see people are giving Embassy Suites the credit they deserve. The hotel is beautiful: luxurious suites with 2 flat screen TVs and every amenity required, a lovely breakfast room and bar area, and all is in like-new condition.
The breakfast was terrific, including made-to-order omelets, fresh pastries, good coffee (in addition to the Starbucks in the lobby).
The hotel hosts a complimentary happy hour from 6-8, which includes hot and cold hors d'oeuvres and a full bar.
The location is great, within walking distance of the Alameda Central and the Zocolo,
Best of all, the staff could not have been more helpful. We met with Gisela and/or Enrique every morning, and they helped us plan our outings, providing useful tips that came in handy each day.
My only complaint is that the internet access costs $11 per day for those of us who are not Hilton Honors members. That seems steep to me. Some were able to access the internet for free inside Starbucks, but I had no such luck. This is a tiny grievance and should not discourage anyone from staying there. I found the best rate on Embassysuites.com by paying the full price in advance. Enjoy!

Comments