Four Seasons Mexico City

Paseo de la Reforma 500, Colonia Juárez, Mexico City, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, 06600, Mexico

Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Costs 189% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Tokyobase's Profile Photo

Mexico City

If you are there over the weekend, do forget to check-out the rate. We paid about US$165 excl tax p/nite w/o breakfast, spacious and comfortable room with exquisite view. The picture was taken from our room.

• skywalkerbeth's Profile Photo

The best of the best of the best...

simply magnificent. I saw Noel Gallagher in the elevator. great area, plenty of things to see close by.

Unique Quality: great massages!

• kucha's Profile Photo

The Best in Mexico City

I stayed here for weeks on end during various business trips and the hotel never disappointed. The service is excellent -- very personal -- and you just cannot beat the breakfast in the beuatiful, peacful courtyard. The ideal place for a business breakfast.

Unique Quality: Spacious rooms. Excellent and personal service. Quiet and peaceful, even though it's right off a major street. Book for breaksfast even if you're not staying at the hotel.

• Perfect stay - and a great weekend deal!

The Four Seasons is at a discreet location on Reforma just before Chapultepec park. It's what you'd expect from a Four Seasons property: great service, wonderful surroundings, and plush comfort. What you might NOT expect is that the rates go down significantly on the weekends, making the Four Seasons about the same price as many other less attractive hotels. As of 3/05 the weekday rate is $300 but the weekend rate starts at $140 / $170. And as a FS weekend guest you can sign up for GREAT TOURS given by art historians to local city sites or to the ruins that are only $25. My tour had 4 people. We went in a van, with a driver, and the art historian. We saw the Templo Mayor, Diego Rivera's murals, and the Cathedral in the Zocalo. It was a safe and interesting option for a woman traveling alone. Each person in our group brought a unique perspective.

I highly recommend this for a weekend getaway, or a weekend start / finish to your holiday in Mexico!

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

One of the best hotels in Mexico...

As you can imagine, the Four Seasons is the pinnacle of luxury when you travel. Well, the Mexico City Four Seasons does not disappoint.

Since I was there on business, and Mexico City has a little trouble with kidnapping, I was escorted to the hotel by armed guards. Once on the hotel property though, everything was status quo, and I felt just fine.

The Four Seasons Mexico City has a wonderful courtyard that gives it a very old world feel, and the bartender welcomes you quickly with a shot of tequila.

• jlanza29's Profile Photo

Luxury at it's finest !!!!

Let's be very clear.....if you could afford to stay here do not hesitate...this is one of Four Seasons most beautiful properties...but then again has anyone been to a Four Season hotel that isn't breathtaking ???? The rooms are spacious, the staff bend over backwards to make you you feel like a family member. The concierge knowledge is incredible. And the location ideal...basically near every attraction !!!!! The hotel restaurants are 5 stars to say the least. Room service perfect....there's no wonder why this is rated as the best hotel in all of Mexico. The down side the price.....more expensive during the week due to the business traveler, but still pricey on weekends compared to other 5 star hotels, but then again.....IT'S THE FOUR SEASONS !!!!!!! Luxury at it's finest !!!!!

Unique Quality: Request a room in the upper floors and you won't be disappointed, the views are awesome if you get a smog free day (Usually after it rains or early in the morning before the 15 million cars head out to work)

Directions: Center of the City all major attractions near by !!!!

More about Four Seasons Mexico City

4 seasons weekend

by TripAdvisor Member bcad

We got a good weekend deal on the 4 Seasons. The staff were all bilingual and the service was great. The facilities were nice although not as nice as other 4 Seasons hotels. The pool is outdoors and small. The restaurant was overpriced for the quality of the food. The hotel taxis are expensive! I guess you are paying for the air conditioning and the English speaking driver. For comparison, the radio taxi to the hotel was $8.00. The hotel car back to the airport was $35. If you have a little bit of spanish, take the radio taxis. The location is very convenient to Chapultapec. We went to the zoo to see the pandas but in our opinion it was not worth it. The zoo on Saturday was extremely crowded. They do not allow purses or bags of any kind and so we had to check it outside the gate at the entrance. The exit we used was not near the entrance so there was a lot of walking to get our bags back. Also, I did not think there was anything in the Zona Rosa worth seeing. The Sabado Mercado was great.

Phenomenal

by TripAdvisor Member geoffery

We stayed at the Four Seasons in D.F. for our honeymoon. The service, rooms, staff, and food were flawless. What a beautiful room overlooking an immaculate courtyard. Each morning we would eat breakfast on the patio in the courtyard. This place is beyond compare.

Outstanding hotel

by TripAdvisor Member tengohambre

My family and I recently returned from a five day stay at the FS Mex City. We had a terrific time. The hotel is exceptional and Mexico City was great.

We have stayed at a few Four Season's hotels and this one ranks with the best of them. Service is simply fantastic. The concierges, doormen, housekeeping, front desk; everyone truly seems interested in how you enjoy your stay. It shows. The concierges were patient, all spoke English (and I speak Spanish) and they had great suggestions. They could not have been better.

We had a suite with a view towards the courtyard and it was huge. As others have noted, the hotel is an oasis of tranquility in the City. If there is one "item" I would note it is that the room seemed to be showing its age. Everything was in order and the room was spotless but, you had the feeling that an updating was due. And, of course, one has just begun. When we were there the hotel had recently begun a renovation of all the rooms, with none yet being finished. The hotel also has a very pretty smallish outdoor pool area, with a good health club. The lobby is elegeant and comfortable.

The location is good, although there is not much to walk to immediately nearby save for Chapultepec Park, which is immense and very interesting. Chapultepec Castle is a very short walk and is fascinating and worth the trip. There is a Sanborn's on the same block as the hotel - a terrific thing in the event you forget something back home.

We used the hotel service for a pickup at the airport and it worked smoothly. It is a bit pricy but, likely worth it in terms of hassle avoided. The hotel cars back to the airport are half the price charged for the pickup. Although the hotel has cars always available for touring and as a taxi service, we usually simply asked the doormen to call us a "sitio" cab, and one arrived within a couple of minutes. The price difference was substantial. We did likewise throughout the city - either asking a restaurant to call us a taxi or using a "sitio" station, which are readily available at all tourist destinations.

We also took a tour to Teotihuacan through the hotel. It was well worth the time and effort; the pyramids were fascinating, as was the Church of the Virgin of Guadalupe. The Bazar Sabado in San Angel on Saturday's is also very worthwhile. Mexico City is immense and, even after a few days, we could have spent more time there.

With respect to crime, we never once felt threatened, at all. We used common sense and visited mostly well traveled spots frequented by tourists and -- we had a terrific time. Mexico City is fascinating, the people were uniformly warm and welcoming (much more so than in some other cities we've visited), the food was great and, compared to Europe, the prices are substantially less expensive.

In short, we loved the FS, plan to return and highly recommend the property.

Noisy

by TripAdvisor Member Tzatzil

My family and I recently had an important event and we chose to stay at the Fouir Seasons in México City, I required bedrest and tranquility for 3 days -after a medical event - (the length of our stay). So, considering the high standards and rates I was completly sure I woud get the rest I needed. They gave us a notice that tha hotel was under renovation, but that it would not be a problem, it was. The day of sept 21st was terrible, there was drilling and hammering all monring and afternoon; I complained several times, and was allwys assured that the noise woud stop, the suggested I change rooms, but I coud not pack or move! The offered a massage which I accepted, and recieved while listening to the drilling and hammering. The service is good, the hotel is beautiful, but I would not stay there again, it's too expensive to have to tolerate construction work!

Comments