Rio Lerma 154, Col. Cuauauhtemoc, Mexico City, 06500, Mexico

Orbitz.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 26% less but rated 33% lower than other 3 star hotels

• Luis_Alberto's Profile Photo

I stayed one time at Hotel del...

I stayed one time at Hotel del Angel, right on the heart of the City, two shorts blocks from the 'Angel Monument'.
    I believe, it was on the neighborhood of thirty dollars a night.

Unique Quality: There is a wonderful dinning room and bar on the top floor, with a great view of downtown area.

More about Hotel Del Angel

Cheap bargains!

by dls28 about Flea markets around the city

Flea and Antique Markets

street vendors can be found anywhere in Mexico City,but these are more "formal" flea markets selling handcrafts, furniture and antiques.

* Bazar del Sábado in San Angel. Every Saturday, come here to see artists displaying and selling thier work.

* Mercado de Artesanias in Coyoacan

* Plaza del Angel in Zona Rosa

* Mercado de Alvaro Obregon in Colonia Roma

* Sunday art market in the Monumento a la Madre

* Mercado de Antiguedades de Cuauhtemoc, near Centro Historico

* La Lagunilla and Tepito near Centro Historico (tepito is a curious place and you may easily get lost if you come down here. You can literally find anything and everything here but if you do want to come, dress down, where no jewelry and bring little money, it is not a safe place and probably best avoided if you do not speak spanish. It is a well known area for buying fake documents and black market goods)

VEGETARIAN FOOD / FRUIT JUICE SALADS..

by pedroebc

Since now women want to be beauty forever and have a nice shape..here the vegetarian options.. in this city that eat a lot of meat..

The most famous vegetarian restaurant around Zona Rosa, near Independence angel Monument is...

restaurante Yug :

Varsovia 3-b
Col. Juarez
México D.F.
tels. 55 25 53 30 y 55 33 32 96
Esta a una cuadra del Angel de la Independencia casi equina con avenida Reforma.
Horarios: lunes a viernes de 7:00 am a 9:00 pm
sábados y domingos de 8:30 am a 8:00 pm

Hay una sucursal Yug que sirve buffet en:
Puebla 326-6 (entrada por cozumel)
Col. Roma
México D.F.
tels. 55 53 38 72 y 55 53 56 63
Horario: lunes a sábado de 1:00 pm a 5:00 pm

Frutos prohibidos y otros placeres
Ámsterdam 244-B Col. Condesa ..near parque mexico

Hare Krishna restaurant / templo
Tiburcio Montiel No. 45, Col. San Miguel Chapultepec, C.P. 11850, Tel. (55) 5273-1953 Other options around the city... try some fruit juice and fruit cocktails at some corners at the street with some risk of stoamch problems...

In downtown just besides Hotel Canada in 5 de Mayo street ..a helathy place for juices and fruit cocktails.

MEXICO DF

by patricia28

"Mexico DF"

Well I arrived here some years ago with some relatives and my sister, it was my first big trip far from my country.
We arrived to Mexico DF international airport a little scared about what to expect :) then we had some problems because the airline lost the baggage of my uncle, nobody knew never until now what happened with the bag, bad luck ! anyway my uncle has to buy all again, clothes, everything... anyway, after this the people of the hotel were waiting for us to go to our nice hotel in the heart of the capital "Hotel del angel" near of a very famous square with this name.
It was nice to know the capital, is a huge city, full of cars and people running, but rich in culture.
We loved the metropolitan cathedral, it was amazing.

"Archeological city of Teotiguacan, Mexico DF"

I really liked this archeological city, I could visit the pyramid of the sun and the pyramid of the moon. They are both huge and beautiful, but you have to stay close to your touristic group because is easy to get lost!

"Xochimilco, Mexico DF"

Other nice place to go is Xochimilco, where you can travel in the time to do a reconstruction of what was the lacustrine basin of Mexico until the century XIX. It is a sample of beautiful Nature and a floating garden, you can approach a few boats to sail along the waters and to enjoy an unforgettable experience.

Pocono Mountain HS Mexico Tour

by Gluhwein

On June 30, 2000 in the early early morning (2:00) our group left Pocono Mountain High School for Newark Airport. Without a hitch we boarded our Northwest flight to Detroit. In Detroit we connected to another NW flight to Mexico City.

Despite a dely due to a mix-up at Customs in the airport, we finally met up with our EF tour guide - Elizabeth. We had to walk what seemed like 5 miles with our suitcases to meet up with our bus. We then proceeded to take a bus tour of the city. Unfortunately, most of us fell asleep after the long day of travel. We were pleasently surprised by our hotel, Del Angel. It overlooked the Del Angel monument (below) which turned-out to be the symbolic center of Mexico City. After checking into our neat, modern rooms (TV, A/C, safe), we took a short walk to the Zona Rosa. This is the upscale, Yuppie area of Mexico City. Despite hearing many stories about tourists having difficulty coping with Mexico City's altitude, none of us felt uncomfortable.

As we toured the city we were intrigued by all the ribbons and decorations we found. We saw police everywhere. "What a great place for tourists" I thought. Soon I learned that the presidential elections were being held the next day. It was expected to be an historic vote. For the first time ever, a member of the opposition party was favored to win. Vicente Fox was a man of the people and the people were expected to put him in power. A virtual revolution was expected. Instead of feeling safe, I was now scared to death.

Plaza del AngelPlaza del Angel

Mexico City Accommodation

by jellibb

Hi All,

I am travelling to mexico with my boyfriend in april / may next year - our last stop will be mexico city for a couple of days then off home!

My question is this: Can someone please recommend a decent hotel not too far from the airport?

We want to take a day trip to the Aztec(?) ruins without too much trouble...

I am looking for decent quality, decent cost, safe area, with decent access to nightlife & restaurants...

Am I being too picky? : )

Please share your recommendations and if you know a website, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Re: Mexico City Accommodation

by melosh

It is nice to see someone who likes to plan ahead. There are several places close to the airport recommended by VT members usually for one night stop overs, but if you plan a couple days go further into the city. (Airports are generally not built in the middle of the cultural sites of a city.).) It will be about a $10 taxi ride and take about an hour during heavy traffic times. It takes about 30 minutes when the traffic is low like before 6 AM or on a Sunday.
I prefer someplace on or near the main plaza (the zocalo), but the Zona Rosa is popular and there are other cleaner and safer neighborhoods. Temple Mayor is the Aztec ruin you should see next to the cathedral. The famous pyramids are Toltec and do represent a day trip of 1-2 hours bus, taxi or tour from the city. At most "decent" cost and moderate quality hotels you can arrange a tour that will pick you up from your hotel. The last time I remember seeing the price it was about $50 dollars a person. You could arrange a taxi to take you and wait for you at a "reasonable" price. (I have a friend who just hired a taxi for a day to take them all around and it was less than $100. The driver spoke enough English to serve as their amateur guide. A policeman helped them negotiate the price, but I would recommend asking help at the hotel desk.) You can get to the pyramids by going to the North bus station and taking the local bus, but this probably represents too much trouble and time for such a brief stay. Good luck, Bob

Re: Re: Mexico City Accommodation

by jellibb

Thanks so much Bob - you've made my search much easier!

: )

Re: Mexico City Accommodation

by yf_mty

When I go to Mexico City I stay and recommend the Hotel del Angel. It is located at walking distance from the American Embassy and Zona Rosa, 20 minutes from the airport, it is traditional, with good service and unexpensive. They can arrange for you 1-day tours, i.e. to the Teotihuacan pyramids. Check its page: www.delangel.com.mx

Have a nice trip!