Mexico City Hotels

Our Members Say

• asolotraveler profile photo asolotraveler
  • Reviews: 17

The Red Treehouse: Customer Service on a Different Level

From the moment the cab arrived outside the locked entrance, they were there to greet me along with "April" the dog. They practically pulled me from the cab along with my luggage and led me off to my room through a lucsious garden. After seeing the first room with a stand alone balcony, I asked for another room with a patio that I could sit out on and was given the "Gardenia" room. Nicely appointed and I was very comfortable.

Warm welcome, Nice garden setting with free Wine in the evenings as you meet other guests.

• Related to: Family Travel, Women's Travel
  • Written December 26, 2013

The Owners, Jorge and Craig

• jaylakes profile photo jaylakes
no name: Cool house in Mexico

It should interest you. I found this great deal in ebay for Cuernavaca - south of Mexico City...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WEEK-STAY-in-CUERNAVACA-MEXICO-/140870488009?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20cc890fc9 I guess you can also rent the rooms independently.

Very nice stay.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written October 19, 2012

Comfortable and pleasant

• Verunko profile photo Verunko

Dos Casas: Treasure for budget travelling

As per my experience I can warmly recommend you small guest house Dos casas -www.2casas.com, its family business, they are very friendly and helpfull and its very nice, clean and safe place. The house has 4 rooms each equip with own bathroom. Our room was big enough and has nice simply elegant furniture and very nice modern bathroom. And lightening there is amazing as you have your own choice for moody light so its great to relax there after long walking day. its by metro San Cosme and it takes just 5 min to get to centro historico. We had our car parked by guest house out of the street as well, so if you are renting a car you dont have to worry about it. In the morning the continental breakfast is served as you can choose day ahead what time you want it to be ready. We have an amazing stay in Mexico city.

There is big terrace with furniture to enjoy. Free wifi. Parking next the house. Mood lightening. And all rooms face the garden.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel, Gay and Lesbian
  • Written May 29, 2012

social area

• Jetgirly profile photo Jetgirly
  • Reviews: 1226

Hostel Amigo Suites: Dorms and Private Rooms by the Zocalo

I stayed at Hostel Amigo Suites for four nights in December 2011. I spent three nights in a four-bed dorm room with ensuite bathroom, and the last night in a private double room with attached private bath.

The hostel is spread over four floors in a heritage building next to the Secretariat of Education, about two blocks from the Zocalo. The location is excellent for access to both the Zocalo and Allende metro stations, sightseeing near the Zocalo, street food and Diego Rivera murals (located in the Secretariat next door, with free entrance through the door around the corner). Both rooms I stayed in were very clean. While the dorm room was simple and basic, the double room was decorated in a cute style. On the first day I was the only person in my dorm room and I was unable to get hot water in the morning, but when I alerted the hostel staff they immediately had a number of workmen on the repair and the hot water was flowing within ten minutes. The rate you pay includes both breakfast and dinner. Breakfast was usually quite simple, with fruit, cereal, yogurt, coffee and milk. Dinners included a basic salad, a cooked vegetable dish or pasta, and a meat dish. All food is served on the covered rooftop patio, which can get chilly. There is also a bar on the rooftop patio, which brings me to my only complaint...

... Considering that Hostel Amigo Suites is a slightly more "upscale" partner hostel to Hostel Amigo, a well-known party hostel nearby, I had hoped the suites would be quieter. Bizarrely, however, the Suites are even louder than the party hostel! Music from the rooftop bar is pumped loudly until the early hours of the morning, and guests in the top-floor private rooms receive complimentary ear plugs, but those in dorm rooms do not. My dorm room was actually several floors below the rooftop patio and victim to a different type of noise- the constantly-ringing doorbell all night, plus loud laughter from front desk staff working the night shift. Noise is a pretty significant issue at this hostel, so light or average sleepers should bring ear plugs. Otherwise, it's a great hostel and I would recommend it.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Study Abroad, Backpacking
  • Written February 25, 2012

Private Double Room, Hostel Amigo Suites

• gwened profile photo gwened
  • Reviews: 2885

Camino Real Polanco: a hotel in the great Mexican tradition

This one is part of a chain, luxuriuos with all amenities 7 restos, and gym, pool nice breakfast and business breakfast to boot. all kinds families and businesspersons mingle in one of Mexico City's best if not the best neighborhood POlanco
go for it if you splurge

big room, great room service, heated pool at 28°C, gym, and 7 diff restos, just great in a great area
near all great museums and bosque de Chapultepec and trendy chic Polanco mazarik street

• Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel, Museum Visits
  • Written December 28, 2011
Tip Photo

garden and pool from my room

• mojdehmx profile photo mojdehmx
  • Reviews: 2

Hotel San Antonio: Best cheap hotel near Zocalo

Hola!
For most inexpensive good hotel near the Zocalo I recommend the Hotel San Antonio, cerrada 5 de mayo, between Palma and Isabel la catolica. tel. 5512-9906. Rooms are small but clean and with your own bathroom and TV and phone. There are rooms with 1 double bed, for 220 pesos and rooms with 3 beds (one double and two singles), this is like a little suite, with two attached rooms and one bathroom. The rooms with 3 beds cost something like 400 pesos I think. It is one block from the Zocalo, and very near good and inexpensive places to eat. Very reliable place, the people who work there have been working there for DECADES and take good care of you.

Very inexpensive, safe, close to Zocalo.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written November 21, 2010

• lisamandeel profile photo lisamandeel

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Rioja, Mexico city: Terrible staff

The room was OK, although the balcony opened onto a very noisy street and during the night we got terribly mosquito-bitten. We had to leave the balcony open because there is no AC and no fan.
However, that evening the receptionist charged me $5 for an extra guest in the room ( invited my student to stay with us instead of returning home on the subway at night) and didn't give me a receipt. When we returned after dinner, there was a different receptionist who denied any knowledge of my previous payment. In fact, he was very accusatory and unpleasant, wouldn't give me the name of the manager or call the previous receptionist. He wouldn't even give me HIS name, so I could write a complaint to the management. I ended up having to call the tourist police to get his name-- a whole ugly ending to our stay. We left a letter of complaint, which was never addressed and never replied to.
If you go to the Rioja, don't trust ANYBODY. Get a receipt for everything, and don't be afraid to get nasty for your rights.

• Written July 27, 2008

• cachaseiro profile photo cachaseiro
  • Reviews: 1924

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Conde: Nice budget accomodation in the center of town.

I arrived very late to Mexico City once and just wanted a cheap place to stay without having to walk too much around with my backpack and stumbled upon hotel conde purely by chance.
This was not a bad thing as hotel conde was a very nice place for the money i paid for it.
I paid 18 US dollars for a single room and had a fairly big room with private bathroom and cable tv.
The place looks pretty boring from the outside and the reception is very dark, but the rooms are really ok and it´s locted right in the center near belas artes.

Good rooms for little money.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written April 24, 2008

My room at hotel conde

• Srechko profile photo Srechko
  • Reviews: 268

Hotel Rioja: Very decent hotel in a great location

I stayed here 4 nights in Dec 2006/Jan 2007.

Hotel is very quiet, and also kind of boring. Offers absolutely no facilities and the reception area looks kind of pathetic. My room was great though, with obviously recently renovated and spotless bathroom and a TV.

I liked it though as hotel is located in probably the best location if you want to stay in historical center as there are things going on around both during the day and during the night.

Location and the value are the best qualities of this hotel. Staff is ok but not the friendliest. My room was spotless and I have no remarks absolutely especially considering relatively low price I paid for the room (US$22).

• Written January 13, 2007

• Asyngin profile photo Asyngin
  • Reviews: 9

Craigslist.com: Rent a Place

I rented a two bedroom apartment in La Condesa Hippodroma from a someone advertising the place on craigslist. The building had security, i.e. doormen, who were very helpful giving us directions to the grocery store, banks, metro, etc., and since they were 24/7, we had the same sense of security as in a hotel. We don't cook when we're at home, so of course, we're not going to cook on vacation, but it was nice to have a fridge and coffee maker where we could have soft drinks, flan, croissants, etc. We didn't feel confined to one room, and only spent $65.00 per night in a neighborhood where there's only one hotel that goes for $150.00 and up per night. It's also a great adventure to live in a real, Mexican house.

• Written December 9, 2006

• rafgys profile photo rafgys
  • Reviews: 263

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

El Fortin de Sahagun: Looking after your budget

It's not a place I'd recommend for tourists. It's not the best neighborhood and it has less pros than cons... but if you need to stay in a cheap hotel, there's nothing cheaper than this.

It's on a one-block-street where there are hookers and drag queens working all day long. That sucks. At night, it may be a little too dark. But when I lived in Mexico City, I stayed there for more than a month paying $8 the night... and I never had a problem.

You have ladies making your bed and cleaning you room and bathroom daily. The hotel work basically at night... so during the day is dead, totally quiet. And even at night... is quiet. I've never had any kind of problem there. It's clean, safe and quiet.

It's located half a block north of Revolucion (blue line) subway station. Two blocks from Insurgentes Norte Avenue. Four blocks from Monumento a la Revolucion and Avenida Revolucion. A little more than ten blocks from Zona Rosa and Chapultepec Park.

I don't remember the address... it's on Bernardino de Sahagun (Colonia Buena Vista), half a block north of Allende or San Cosme (the only avenue you'll see when you get off of the subway).

• Written July 16, 2006

• poksa profile photo poksa
  • Reviews: 4

Mexicocityhostel: Good hostel

5 star hostel in center of old city of mexico city,, dont go by metro from airporto take taxi only 4 euros or it was when i comming back, from hostel to airporto.
i was like moneyman when i drive to hostel and i spending my money like fool i take privat room.....18 usd, and i get 7 bed room and i was lonely, not next time i save mone and take more people to same room.
They speak good englis in loby, beter then i speak.
Great and next block was an othere good looking hostel and a few real 5 star hotel.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written May 29, 2006

Hotel Saratoga: Colonia Roma

This early 20th century building is located on Avenida Alvaro Obregón in one of the prettiest areas of Mexico City, the district of Colonia Roma - and steps from the city's newest cultural corridor featuring small theater's, cafe's, restauralnts, galleries and shops. The rooms are carpeted, and have a telephone, background music, TV and private bathroom. Some of them look onto the street. The hotel offers its customers a restaurant, bar, car park and safe deposit.

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Budget Travel, Family Travel

Hotel Monarca: Colonia Roma

This is a clean and secure hotel offering basic amenities at budget prices. It's located on the Alvaro Obregon parkway, lined with trees and monuments, and steps from the district's cultural corridor of galleries, theater's, cafe's, restaurants, small shops, etc. For the most part this is a quiet, residential neighborhood. Within easy reach of trendy Colonia Condesa and its clubs/shops/restaurants.

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Arts and Culture

Hotel Lisboa: Colonia Roma

Located close to Centro Médico (Medical Center). Its rooms are carpeted and have bathrooms with a bath, color TV with cable, background music and minibar. Among the services offered by the hotel are: car parking spaces, valet parking, a tobacconists, laundry and safes. Restaurant, 24-hour room service, safe deposit.

• Related to: Family Travel, Study Abroad, Arts and Culture