Marco Polo Hotel Mexico City

Amberes 27, Colonia Juarez, Mexico City, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, 06600, Mexico
Room Mate Valentina

Hola Mejico!Hola Mejico!

Hemiciclo a Juarez, Mexico CityHemiciclo a Juarez, Mexico City

Diego Rivera Mural - Palacio NacionalDiego Rivera Mural - Palacio Nacional

Monument of Juarez in AlamedaMonument of Juarez in Alameda

Autobuses: "UNO" or "ADO GL" ?

by carloarg02

Hi there, Hola!

I'm thinking about taking an overnight bus from Mexico City to Villahermosa (to get to Palenque).

Estaba considerando tomar un autobus nocturno de Mexico City a Villahermosa (para llegar a Palenque)

Is UNO better than ADO GL? ADO GL is 876 pesos, and UNO is 1176 pesos, so the difference is not too bad if UNO is much better than ADO GL. Your experiences?

Es la compania UNO mejor de ADO GL? ADO GL cuesta 876 pesos, mientras que UNO es un poco mas caro, 1176. Vale la pena gastar un poquito mas en UNO? Tus experiencias?

Also is Villahermosa a good choice for using as base to going to Palenque, or do you recommend another city that I can take a bus from Mexico City for? I was also hoping to spend the night somewhere there and see the light show.

Ademas es Villahermosa una buena opcion para visitar Palenque, or recomiendas otra ciudad a la cual puedo tomar un colectivo nocturno desde Mexico City? Estaba pensando en quedarme la noche ahi y ver el show the luces a la noche.

Thank you! Gracias!

by osoeno

I couldnt answer any of the specifics of your plans but I do know that ADO is fine.
I might be tempted to approach Palenque through San Cristobal- not for any convenience, only to see it.

by 75Antonio

honestly, it's better to take a flight to Villahermoasa for almost the same or less price with aeromexico and 1,20 mins flight!!!,you can buy the ticket in their web page.
But if you decide to take the bus uno has very good seats compared to those old business class seats in the airlines.
Good luck!

by pencho15

Yo viaje a Veracruz con ADO y el servicio me pareció bastante bueno.

Nunca he ido a Palenque, pero hasta donde se llegar allí vía Villahermosa es uno de los caminos más utilizados, así que supongo que es una buena opción, además si tienes tiempo podrás conocer un poco de la cultura olmeca en Tabasco.

Travel Tips for Mexico City

In mexico city you must visit...

by aventurera

In mexico city you must visit Xochimilco on a sunday where you can enjoy nice mariachi music drink a nice tequila all this during a lovely boattrip. a very juvenile and nice hang out stop is the barrio de La Condesa. I must say that my fondest memory has been my all vistit because I had the luck to have a personal guide who offered me his house who introduced me to his family, who showed me his country in all his aspects. I have now mexico in my house as my personal guide has become my boyfriend.

On the left side of the...

by Ronald_T

On the left side of the Alameda Park you find the Hemicycle, a monument that was build in honour of Benito Juárez. The architect, Guillermo Heredia, choose with Carrara marble for it.

Note: Carrara is a city in Italy, region of Toscana and is famous about their marble.

See more pictures of this monument in my Hemicycle travelogue please.

The Mexican are very friendly....

by LATINO82

The Mexican are very friendly. As the majority of latin people there are very nice people, and easy to get along with! mmmm! what could I say! Don't take pictures inside the cathedral or to the murals inside the presidential house if your camera has an automatic flash! It is prohibited! Too late for me now! I got plenty of pics!! :-)

Estadio Azteca!!!

by malianrob

We came here and got a little tour of the place. Nothing was going on so security let us in and walked us around. He even took pictures for us.
This place is gigantic and I can imagine how crazy it gets when they have a futbol game! All I know is that when i come back I will see a game here. Security give a a little tour of the place, gave us some of the history, and just alot of information. He let us even go onto the field. Ok so what is so great about this place? It is said to be the biggest stadium in the world! It was built in 1966 and has a full capacity for 129300 seats.
Soccer (futbol) games can be watched here as well as concerts.
I hope to be back here to watch a game of futbol. They say the biggest game of the year is the soccer match between America and Guadalajara.

Street Vendors

by jenn_d

Souvenier booths can be found in most of the touristy areas. The items at these booths seem to be mass produced and rather cheap. Buy something for your mother- in-law from one of the street vendors and shop for higher quality merchandise in speciality shops.

Comments