Suites Mi Casa

Costs 44% less and rated 23% higher than other 3 star hotels

Good For No Data

More about Mexico City

Xmas lights inside Coyoacan church - 2Xmas lights inside Coyoacan church - 2

Mariachi at xochimilcoMariachi at xochimilco

Neve Gelato (Condesa) - Tiramisu RoyaleNeve Gelato (Condesa) - Tiramisu Royale

Diego & Frida in National PalaceDiego & Frida in National Palace

badminton info mexico city, and tango

by alikim

hi, i'm from scotland and coming to live in Mexico city in a couple of weeks- i really like playing badminton, i know its not a really popular sport in mexico, but i think there is some in mexico city- i have a contact no. for the federation, but no email- i don't want to play competively, just socially. i'll be living near the centre, if anyone haas any information on any clubs etc that would be great.
Also, i dance tango a lot- i have a contact email for the tango society, but any info on tango in DF would also be great, mucho gracias, en ingais o espanol estaria bien, Ali

Re: badminton info mexico city

by Inasusanne

Hi,

I am Ina from Germany and in the same position. I would love to go on playing badminton. Do you already got some addresses of clubs or something?

It would be great if you could help me.

Lots of greetings - have a good time in D. F.
I am here since 3 days now.

Ina

by gomexico

Send an email, or telephone, the badminton federation in Mexico - the contact information is contained in the link below:

by alikim

hi Ina, i've got hold of the numbers of the federation-
the presidant is jose ramon tel: 5217225713311
the office, i think Doris garcia :527222173410
:5217222611688

and email contact, josenoriag@hotmail.com

i've just emailed, but might be easier for you to phone as you already there- don't know of any clubs yet, or how easy it is to play as a social sport, but hopefully there'll be somewhere. this is my email alipickard@hotmail.com so perhaps if you hear of somewhere good you could let me know, and visa versa. hope you enjoying DF so far, cheers Ali

by keizai

Greetings,

I am currently visiting Mexico City, and I am happy to say that the tango scene here is alive and well. The best place to connect with the Tango community is at the outdoor Sunday Milonga held at the Parque de Mexico in the Condesa district. (Closest subway Chilpancingo). The event is free and starts at 5:00 PM.There is a free lesson from 5:00 to 5:45.

From there you will meet all sorts of absolutely wonderful people who will be happy to tell you about all of the Milongas and teachers in the city (and even escort you to the Milonga that happens after that Milonga)

Happy dancing!

Travel Tips for Mexico City

Mexico City is one of the...

by Ainda

Mexico City is one of the biggest cities in the world, is hard to name just one place to visit if it´s your first time in here, all i can say is you´ll find everything you want, we have museums,arqueological sites,culture,the best nightclubs, and lot´s of TEQUILA!!!! I think that what i miss the most is the people, Mexican People is like so cool, we´re friendly and we are open to anyone that visits us. I would also miss a sunny and beautiful day watching the mountains around the city.

"The day of the dead" celebration

by anagrettel

One of our more famous mexican celebrations is "Dia de los Muertos" (Day of the Death) This is a fun and interesting celebration that you can't miss if visiting on November 1 & 2, is often compare with the American celebration of Halloween, but honestly there's nothing similar in them!

The day of the dead is dedicated to honor those gone, but not forgotten. A celebration to transform grief into acceptance, where the living invite the spirits to return home for a few hours of laughter, tears and memories. To celebrate people make an "Altar de Muertos" (Death altar) to honor and invite the death for a day of celebration. This Altar should have:

Cenpazuchil flowers; that means the eternal life of the death.
Calaveras de azúcar (sugar skulls); to make their dead more sweet.
Papel picado (tissue paper cut-outs);
Pan de muertos (breath of the death); to erpresent the food needed for survival.
Agua (water); to quench the thirst and for purification.
Sal (salt); to season on the food and for purification.
Velas (Candles); to lighten their way home.
Foto del difunto (photo of the honored death person); as representation of the person you're honoring and inviting back home.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The "Altar de Muertos" in the photo is our own little altar, is our 1st year back in México and the firts year we celebrate it (at least for me and my son), my son requested that we make our own Altar de muertos at home, and he decided to dedicate it to our death pets; our Dog Tequila and our fish Blue (we didn't had photo of it so my son make a drawing) Is not completely finished (we still need the flowers) but was fun to make it together.

Mexico City...colder than you would have thought

by tampa_shawn

I brought a very small carry on travel backpack for my trip. If you are planning on taking the subway to and from your hotel this is all you will want to take because there are TONS of stairs and quite a bit of walking involved. From the Zoloco to the Airport you will need to change trains three times and each time involves walking up and down pretty big flights of stairs. I was in Mexico City at the end of October and the beginning of November and it was much colder than I thought it would be (in fact I heard this from pretty every traveler I ran into). I brought a thin windbreaker, a fleece and a thermal and it was not enough. Were I to do it again I would bring my THIN thermal top and bottom, gloves, hat and a scarf.

If you are riding buses between locations also note it is freezing in many of these buses and you will be wearing all that stuff even in the summer. I stayed at hostels and brought a sleep sack since it was so cold I ended up using it even though the hostels had sheets and a blanket.

Out of the way... have some fun

by jumanuel

Six Flags is an ok theme park!
You will have fun, just try to arrive between 11.00 - 11.30 am, in that way your day will be just fine and will be finishing all games before rain comes.

Batman the Ride, Escopion, Kilahuea, Medusa and Superman, most be the first one you get in, they are always full! Just get out of the routine and meet some other people in the city.

Zocalo Market

by chris_i79

This market is located to the right of the Catedral. Just look for the brightly colored umbrellas, you can't miss it. Apparently the governement has unsuccessfully tried to get rid of this market many times as the venders do not pay any rent. As with most markets in Mexico you can expect to find a wide range of products, from t-shirts, jewellery and other tourist products to bookleg DVDs, cds, to tensor bandages, denture fastening creme and TV attenas. Just wander around and see what they are selling that day. As with any market in Mexico, bargining is expected.

Comments