Casa del Sol

Ave Adolfo Lopez Mateos y Blancarte 1001, Ensenada 22800, Mexico

More about Ensenada

Still trying to capture the beauty on film!Still trying to capture the beauty on film!

Along the rugged coastAlong the rugged coast

The oceanside pool at Las RosasThe oceanside pool at Las Rosas

Bee Honey sold out!Bee Honey sold out!

Travel Tips for Ensenada

I was in Ensenada on two...

by CubsIn4

I was in Ensenada on two separate mission trips, both of which involved visiting very poor neighborhoods and working with the local churches to provide Vacation Bible Schools for the children. Although simply going there to gawk would be a bit inapropriate, visiting these neighborhoods to eat in their restaurants, shop at their markets, worship in their churches or simply play with the children would be a wonderful experience for anybody. The people in these neighborhoods have nothing other than the bare essentials, yet they are some of the happiest and most hospitable people on the face of the earth. I miss all the people I got to know when I was there, especially the children who loved you if you so much as smiled at them. Even though I was in a foreign country where the landscape was completely different from what I'm used to, I never felt like an outsider. Instead of laughing at my accent, they welcomed my attempts with Spanish and tried to learn a few words of English. While as a visitor I was naturally a curiosity, I was never made to feel like I wasn't completely welcomed into the community.

Ensenada's many residential...

by CubsIn4

Ensenada's many residential areas are very rarely frequented by out-of-towners since the tourist industry here focusses on the resorts. Strolling through any of the city's neighborhoods, eating at a local restaurant and shopping in a local market or strip mall is the best way for you to really see the real Ensenada.

LizC's new Ensenada Page

by LizC

My parents and I went on a Royal Caribbean's Ensenada and Catalina cruise from Los Angeles California, it's a birthday gift from my husband and me, a first cruise for all three of us, and we had a great time on the ship.

As for Ensenada, there's really nothing much worth any tour, we should save the money for the Blow-Hole-tour and have much better time stay on-board.

May be due to low-tide, the Blow-Hole was not much than some ocean water I can barely see splashed against some rocks. The scenery on the loooong bus ride was quite bleak, the cities we passed by on the way were definitely not good representations of Mexico, with camera ready I couldn't even find a single place to snap a shot, this colorful and jubilant dance performance in some hall in Ensenada is the highlight of our land-tour.

balieyes's new Ensenada Page

by balieyes

Situated about seventy miles south of Tijuana on the shore of Bahia Todos Santos along the Pacific Ocean, Ensenada is a small fishing and commercial port catering to weekend and summer travelers from southern California. La Bufadora on the southern end of the bay is a natural rock formation where the sea explodes into a natural geyser.
Beaches for swimming and surfing spots are found both north and south of Ensenada. Other local sports attractions include mountain climbing, beach-combing and hiking.

Ensenada hosts the very popular Rosarito-Ensenada Bike Ride, the Baja 1000 Off-Road Race and the Newport Beach-Ensenada Regatta. Valle de Guadalupe, one of Mexico's finest wine growing area is close by. Gray whale watching in the winter time is very popular in Todos Santos Bay.

Ensenada and La Bufadora

by lmkluque

"Under Construction!!"

ENSENADA CUOTA OR LIBRE?

Welcome to my Ensenada page,

My suggestion is to take the toll road (Ensenada Cuota) from Tijuana to Ensenada. There are three tolls, about $2.50 each and this road is kept in much better repaire than the free road. (Ensenada Libre) This road also is along the coast of the Pacific Ocean and has some spectacular views. Of course the Ensenada Libre costs nothing and you will see the dirt poor sights along the way.

Ensenada is a fishing village/beach town about seventy miles south of Tijuana. It is a popular place for San Diegans to visit but not nearly as touristy as Tijuana.

Hussong's Cantina in downtown Ensenada was the biggest draw for many young SD students looking for a rip roarin' time. In fact "in my day" Hussong's was almost synonymous with Ensenada. However it wasn't the wild night of drinking and debauchery that attracted me to Ensenada, it was the spectacular views along the coast, a few restaurants and further on, La Bufadora.

There is so much more to see and do in this growing fishing village, and it can be a relaxing get-away. I hope you discover the charm.

I Hope You Enjoy Your Visit,