Las Rocas Resort and Spa

KM 38.5 Carretera Libre Tijuana - Ensenada, Rosarito, Baja California, 22710, Mexico

Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

• MaosRedArmy's Profile Photo

Ensenada's Best Romantic Oceanfront Hotel

Modern and luxurious, this pink oceanfront hotel outside Ensenada is the favorite of many Baja aficionados. It offers all the comforts of an upscale American hotel--which doesn't leave room for much Mexican personality.

The atrium lobby is awash with pale pink and sea-foam green, the color scheme throughout--including the guest rooms, which are furnished with quasi-tropical hotel furniture (a la Miami Vice).

Many rooms have fireplaces, whirlpools, or both; some have kitchenettes or fridges. We stayed in the Deluxe Junior Suite, which had an oceanfront view, as well as a huge jacuzzi tub for 2.

One of the resort's main photo ops is the spectacular outdoor swimming pool--it overlooks the Pacific and features a vanishing edge that appears to merge with the ocean beyond; nearby is a clifftop hot tub.

Unique Quality: Full spa.
    Close to Ensenada.
    Very romantic setting.

• crisnyuto's Profile Photo

best views of Encenada

One of the nice ritzy hotels here with an amazing view. Hotel is located right on the coast, and all rooms are oceanview. Either at night or day, the view is spectacular. Free domestic drink when u book a room here.

Unique Quality: nice view, 3 pools, 1 jacuzzi, restaurant, bar, cozy, chill

Directions: off the Scenic route (1) and 5min. after Ensenada toll

More about Las Rocas Resort and Spa

Los Rocas Rocks

We have been to lLos Rocas many times and have never been dissapointed.
Two Anniversaries in their suites both very romantic. ( Bring a wax log ( Fire place is great.
Laid back don't come to party come to relax pool-cliffside.

Baja Norte's best spa and hotel

by PeacefulBaja about Los Rocas

Relaxing, invigorating and enjoyable. Good service, nice rooms and the spa is a added value. Lovely ocean views. The hotel dining is very good and great dining is no more than 20 minutes in either direction.

The best part is it is being out of the hustle and noise of Rosarito Beach but close enough to enjoy. Just 10 minutes from Puerto Nuevo (the Lobster Village) and 20 minutes to La Fonda. Great views, very friendly and helpful staff.

Needs serious maintance

by TripAdvisor Member KA4993

We have stayed at Las Rocas three times now. With each stay our rooms have become increasingly undesirable. The last stay our electricity went out, due to having the heater and tv on at the same time. We were moved to another room. In this room the heater cord arced and melted the electrical outlet. The beds are so hard that when you wake up you need a massage. The plumbing from the vanity leaked onto the floor. The hotel needs to some serious maintance. My wife and I were disappointed with the condition of the rooms. The spa is great, however, USA prices. The view is outstanding. We have reccomended the hotel in the past

World's WORST experience ever!!!

by TripAdvisor Member leopardpoodle

DO NOT EVER GO HERE--- This place is a HUGE disappointment AND a complete DUMP! What you see on the website IS NOT what it looks like. We were very disappointed at the whole place. It's falling apart - the plumbing was so bad, that the inside of the rooms and outside area smelled like RAW SEWAGE and fecal material. The rooms are horrible and falling apart too. Our room key didn't even work the first night! The pools ARE NOT heated, so you won't even enjoy swimming there - the water is freezing! The jacuzzi was luke warm, and the other jacuzzi is BROKEN!!! The people at the front desk are EXTREMELY RUDE to Americans, and gave us dirty looks on repeated occasions, and acted like we were a HUGE inconvenience. DO NOT WASTE ONE RED CENT by going to this junkyard of a hotel they call a RESORT.

Quaint full of mexico character

We stayed our first night ever in Mexico. After returning I found the critical reviews unsurprising. Don't leave USA if your looking for something American. Venice Italy smelled a little too... so what! The older section has authentic Mexican architecture, colorful tile in creative patterns, walk in (and down) shower. spectacular pool and saunas setting. cooperative staff (as long as you aren't cheap or rude). All six of our party enjoyed breakfast at the restaurant. A real get away from the typical scene in Rosarito. Don't miss the karaoke on the weekends.

I love Las Rocas - DON'T Go There

How clever these people are who write the negative reviews. They just want to keep the place to themselves. I am on to your devious plot and I like it. It takes me MONTHS to get a room there every time I call. I have stayed there 3 times and would have stayed more often, but it is ALWAYS BOOKED! I have stayed in every room from the single to the suite and loved every one for a different reason. I have stayed in summer and winter, on every floor. It is NOT the United States. The staff has been friendly and accommodating of any problems we have experienced which were all minor. I LOVE Las Rocas and want you all to read the negative reviews and stay somewhere else.

I agree with 'Don't go there'

I heartily agree with "Don't Go There." Please go somewhere else so we can get a reservation when we want one. We have stayed there at least 10 times and NEVER had a bad time. We have also recommended the hotel and Spa to friends and now they go back for return visits. One friend even had their daughter's wedding there and loved it.
The pool, pool bar, restaurant and over-all service has all been great. The SPA is the best we've been to. Maybe the naysayers' expectations were way too high. For a place in North Baja, it's the best!!

Rosarito

by ridermirv

I'm planning on going to San Diego and Tijuana in early September, and would like to stay in Rosarito a couple of nights. Can anyone tell me what it's like, compared to Tijuana. I also am looking for an economical hotel/motel near the water.

Also, is the surfing decent there, and is there surfboard rentals?

Thanks,

Marc

by VirtualTourist

Rosarito is a bit nicer that TJ, though not by much to be honest. As far as accomodations go, we stayed at Los Rocas but it was a little pricey. Though you might get a good deal if you book ahead of time.

We took a surf trip down for Memorial Day last year and the waves were great. Don't forget your booties though, its extremely rocky. Check out K38. Thats where we went and is one of the best spots down there.

Good luck and have fun! I'm going back in August!!

by ltt

i would not recommend tj. go to rosarito to puerto nuevo. motels aren't that cheap though. too close to the border.

by anagrettel

Yes, Rosarito is nicer than Tijuana but there's not much difference, Rosarito is more focus on Turism and its a bit safer too. I recommend Also Hotel Las Rocas my family also stay in that hotel, but is not at Walking distance from the town, so don't expect to be in the center of the action (nightclubs, shops,etc.)

Comments