La Rumorosa Hotels

Our Members Say

• malecon profile photo malecon
  • Reviews: 43
Hotel Rumorosa: The one and only hotel in La Rumorosa

Only recently, after numerous passes through this town, did I discover a lone hotel on the north side of the highway called Hotel Rumorosa. The discovery of this hotel (more motel than hotel) came as a pleasant surprise as I thought nothing of the sort existed between this town and El Hongo.

The upside is its open for business, sort of, and the price is right at $17. When I stopped for a closer look today the place was completely vacant with a man working on some piping pulled out of one of the rooms, so it appeared. It has two floors with outdoor corridors. The town is worth exploring for a day and it would be ideal to have a place to stay. This motel is your only option.

The reality is that this "hotel" is hardly suitable for habitation. It is extremely rough and I can't recommend it at this time though it appears a renovation is going on though by a single gentlemen. Even with the stretch of the imagination I can't picture myself staying here unless forced to by circumstance. While the folk who run the place are surely nice and the place is safe and even clean it is also rough, very rough. I won't go into detail as that would be unfair as much work is being done at this time.

While I stopped by today the entire second floor was being redone. Half the rooms on the bottom floor were unavailable. What was open was unacceptable. But then that is why the price tag is just $17. I wish the owners all the best in their efforts to upgrade.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written August 26, 2006
Tip Photo

Not sure why they call this a "hotel".

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful