Blvd. Benito Juarez #31, Rosarito, Baja California Norte, 22710, Mexico

Satisfaction Poor

More about Rosarito Beach Hotel

Rosarito's best resort

by galvez about Rosarito Beach Hotel and Resort

An excellent hotel to escape the busy southern California lifestyle. Located right on the beach, this hotel will satisy the honeymooners, the families, the busy business man, the spring breakers-- everybody! Three restaurants, two pools, many activities to keep adults and kids entertained, steps from the beach, safe environment, in the heart of Rosarito, next to all the big clubs and bars.

We stayed at the Rosarito...

by spoon94

We stayed at the Rosarito Beach Hotel. It's pretty much a resort. It had a few restaurants, quite a few bars, and a full spa. It was a pretty nice place overall. The room we got was pretty big and had a little balcony. I would recomend it to anyone looking for that whole resort style vacation.

I'd recommend renting your own...

by BorderHopper

I'd recommend renting your own beach house in Rosarito is you will be going to Baja with a large group (at least 8 people). If you are with a partner your best bet would be the famous Rosarito Beach Hotel & Resort on the south side of town, which is also a bit more expensive. If you are on a budget there are a host of budget hotels and even backpacker hostels but you'll just have to search the town to find these places. Pictured here is the hotel I stayed at, the New Port Beach Hotel & Resort, and though it claims to be a resort it is far from it. The rooms weren't so great and it was a bit far from the action. The place was way overpriced & the only good thing about it was that it is located a short walk from the seaside town of Puerto Nuevo which is famous for its fresh Baja Lobster.

Nice hotel for Rosarito

I have stayed at the Rosarito Beach hotel several times. It is an above average establishment for this part of Mexico. (Don't expect Cancun-like experience) I recommend the Ocean Front rooms in the tower because they are newer. The 1 bedroom suites/apartments are older and not as pleasant. The food on property is good and $10 for steak and lobster isn't bad. About 10 mins south is a little town called Puerto Nuevo where you can get the same steak and lobster for as little as $6.
The Rosarito Beach hotel has a gate for ins and outs and is relatively safe for Mexico standards. The pool area is nice and they have a jacuzzi. The service is a little above average but decent. Overall, I enjoy staying there.

home away from home

My late husband and I have been going to the Rosarito Beach Hotel for over 12 years. Over these 12 years, we have always had a wonderful time. The staff is polite, pleasant and accommadating. We always enjoyed having a romantic dinner at Chabert's Restaurant, with its great food and service. In fact, I had my 50th birthday party (7/01) at Chabert's Restaurant and what a lovely evening was enjoyed by all. The staff went the extra mile to make this a very successful evening and my guests raved about the party. My late husband was looking forward to celebrating his 50th birthday next year at the Rosarito Beach Hotel and he was so excited because he considered the hotel to be his home away from home. We were there at least once a month during the last 5 years and Marc always stated "the Rosarito Beach Hotel is the only place where I can truly relax and not think about anything".

We have also spent at least the last 5 New Year's Eves at the hotel.
What a blast!!!

Marc's real passion was singing karaoke at the Rosa & Rita bar; how he enjoyed singing Jethro Tull's music. I continue to visit the hotel on a regular basis and I think it's the greatest place. I love it.

Thank you to the Rosarito Beach Hotel and their fine staff for all the wonderful memories I hold for Marc and myself.

Madeline Walder

I LOVE IT !!!

ive been visiting n staying @ the rosarito beach hotel every 6 mo's-once a year, for the past 6 years..the food is great!! i look forward to visiting the staff of many years..yess !! the rooms r a lil rustic n sometimes theres no heat..but overall i keep going back...n plan to return 4 my honeymoon in june....

We had a great experience

I was so pleasantly surprised by this hotel after reading the horrible reviews on this site I was hesitant to stay there but we had to leave Las Rocas for nasty sewage problems in two rooms we stayed in. Rosarito beach hotel was wonderful. Free meals every day for our kids and free dinners for all adults. We bartered to get the price down successfully and stayed for two nights in October. The staff was friendly enough and it is within walking distant to everything on the main drag. The place was very clean and the food was very edible. The only drawback I can see is if you went during the party seasons it would probably be very loud due to the proximity of the clubs. We however went in the middle of the week on the off season and it was quiet and peaceful. Ocean views were beautiful! I would stay here again!

Know what to expect

I stayed at the Rosarito Beach hotel Memorial DAy 2003. We expected-by looking at their website a serene hotel nestled on the beach for some major relaxation. We had just finished partying in Ensenada the two nights before so we were ready for some down time. Boy oh Boy were we surprised. We arrived and the hotel was loaded with other tourists.Check in took a while-look like a line in Disney. We expected a friendly personal welcome as they state you receive a margarita upon arrival but instead we were given a drink voucher that we could use at the restuarant. We had chosen one of their suites as we were a group of four and paid through the nose for it-300+. When we got to our room-we were a little perplexed-although the room was very large-it sounded like we were in a club-it was 4:00 in the afternoon. This is because the clubs are literally right next door! Once we opened up the patio doors we realized we could actually charge an entry fee to our room becuase the music was that loud! This continued from 4 in the afternnon till about 5 in the morning. We eventually went out to party cause we figured if the music is going to keep us up we might as well have a good time. The club was alot of fun. We did have an issue with Plumbing in the room as the bathtub wouldn't drain which was pretty gross becuase it was obvious the room had been used for massive partying. It was very "spring breaky" and not relaxing at all. When we came back from the club there were tons of kids running through the hallways and lots of police officers. Just know what to expect when you get there.
If you chose to stay-I highly recommend the horse back riding on the beach-very inexpensive and it is right outside the front door of the hotel on the beach.

Awful Experience

by TripAdvisor Member bairfootn

This was the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. There is no heat and the staff provides no service. We paid $250.00 per night for a stinky, dirty, hotel room with no heat. The pools were not heated, and the jacuzzi was filthy. We had everything stolen from our car at a local taco stand and received no help from the authorities or the hotel staff. We will never go back! An expensive fiasco!

Hotel on the Beach

by TripAdvisor Member Salinaspete

We had a great time there. Rooms are very cozy and clean. Could use a king size bed. The food was excellent. The rates are a litte expensive for off season. We will return there again and again.

Travel from San Diego to a nice town in Baja california

by mo2106

Hi

I'll be in San Diego from 29/04-15/05. I heard that it is easily accessible to Mexico, but I certainly don't want to just pop across to Tijuana only. Could anyone kindly advice if there are any nice places to stay for a few nights which would be accessible maybe within 5 hours from San Diego by either bus or train?

I like to see a beautiful sea, lake ,,, anything clean water!

Thank you!
Mo

by cachaseiro

rosario is not too bad a place and only a couple of hours feom san diego.
it's a bit of a party hangout for young americans, but the beach is nice and so is the food.

by Richmond

You may want to consider joining a group to do more remote visits outside the touristy towns .

see what's offered at ----> http://totalescape.com/destin/all_towns/baja.html

by marcuslee

We take a shuttle from the airport in san diego to the border of mexico and walk to the other side and then take a taxi for $15.00 to $20.00 to rosarito beach about twenty minutes. If you plan on staying, stay at the rosarito beach hotel.

Comments