Estancia Inn Hotel

blvd. Benito Juarez # 1450 Col. El Encanto sur, Tecate, Baja California Norte, Mexico
#2 of 5 hotels in Tecate
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 review
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 9 reviews
malecon's Profile Photo

Pricey but worth it to some

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 23, 2006

For those who relish basic clean accomadations and are willing to pay for it then the Estancia Inn is the right ticket. Situated on the west end of town the hotel is recognizable by the large arched car port with attractive foyer behind double doors and a security booth with gate. Behind that the two story hotel looks more like a motel with outside walkways leading to the rooms.

I paid $77 (ouch!) for a single. The room consisted of a double bed, two nightstands, and a console with TV. That's it. We aren't talking small and cramped, there is ample space to move around. The bathroom was clean and new tile adorned the floor. If you've overpacked with clothes the walk-in closet can handle what you've got and more. The remote control didn't work but I've come to expect that when its handed to you over the counter.

For me, I like to be close to Hidalgo Park. The Estancia is a little far for my taste. I paid $4 for a taxi ride and there is a Centro bus coming every 15 minutes until 11:00 pm. Other guests may not care that they are on the outskirts of town and there really is no reason to venture very far beyond the front door. Next door is an elegant restaurant and a market acrosss the street. Dozens of small shops are within walking distance.

Unique Quality: The hotel is safe and clean with working lights, airconditioner, and all the other creature comforts. Each staff member that I spoke with was bi-lingual. It is my hunch that this hotel was made with the American traveler in mind.

Directions: Blvd. Benito Juarez is the main artery. Take it west. The hotel will be on the left.

Nearby Estancia Inn Hotel

Tecate Travel Forum

Need advice about Tecate, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Tecate and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Tecate hotel reviews