Tecate Hotels

Our Members Say

• jaat12or profile photo jaat12or
  • Reviews: 2

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Rosita Resort Inn: DANGER- HOTEL ROSITA- YOU MAY NOT RETURN HOME!

The worse experience of my life! My family stayed in a suite and i stayed in another one bed room. The family members in the Suite were entoxicated by gas. The laundry room is right down stairs and even though the people from the hotel were told about a weird smell they just provided an air freshner because there is no windows! later that night after 2 adults 2 teenagers anda 5 month old and 4 year old were entoxicated one of the teenagers was able to reach her cell since there was no phone in the room and called reception several times but there was no answer. the reception person was asleep i saw him in the sofa when the teen then called my cell and i went to the reception for the key to the suite. the ambulance was not able to get through because the entrance is not high enough for it to go in. No hotel staff helped at all. instead of a good night sleep we were at the hospital all night until late morning. i returned to the hotel to get my belogings and to take a shower but there was no hot water either. no money was returned either. I do not recomend it to anyone! It is a dangerous place and they have hazardouz chemicals in places where children can reach and get poisoned. I am sorry to the people who said this hotel is nice in other reviews but it is not that way anymore. It has changed completely. i had stayed there before but after this, forget it!

not outstanding at all. it has a moldy green pool. drunks at night. I didn't see a security person at night when i needed it the most to save my family. the man at the front desk was sleeping in the lobby and no one answers the phone in a life threatning situation. the structure of the building does not let an ambulance go in. the entrance for the ambulance is through another street (and they don't know it) and it is blocked by cars at night. Please don't go. you never know when its going to be your bedroom. be smart and dont let the nightmare repeat again!

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Spa and Resort, Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written May 12, 2010

• Mqb12345 profile photo Mqb12345
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Tecate: Tecate Town

Tecate is a town just south of California on the USA-Mexcio border. Tecate basically changed my view of mexico. The only towns i have been to in Mexico is Juarez, Tijuana and Tecate. I expected Tecate to be similar in chaos because it is still Mexico. I felt completley safe the whole time i was there and enjoyed tecate. If you go to the Tecate Brewery you even get a free beer! Another thing is Mexicos drinking age is 18 so if you are 18-20 tecate is the perfect place for you and if you are not they just ask you if you are 18 and you say yes and no id is required. Going back to America is also not the same as in other border towns. There is no wait whatsoever and the border patrol agents simply ask you if your American and then tell you to move on. There are no drug dogs sniffing you down and the border patrol agents here arent out to get you. I highly recommend traveling to Tecate so you can see a different side of Mexico.

Very Nice town. Best Mexican border town there is by far!

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Photography, Spa and Resort, Beer Tasting
  • Written August 28, 2009

• cptgerard profile photo cptgerard
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Rosita Resort: Tecate secret

This was a surprise along hwy 3 just south of Tecate. My friend and I visit Tecate at least twice a year for the shrimp tacos at Chemel's. We usually camp on the US side at Potrero Campground. This weekend, Dec 21, 2007, it was just too cold and windy, so we started to look for warmer diggs. This one doesn't really stand out and it just looks like a restaurant from the road. As we pulled in, we could see a sprawling courtyard with a pool and hot tubs. These weren't ready for the weather, but everything was so neat and tidy, we just had to stay. There is a restaurant with TV's everywhere, and a continuous buffet filled with Mexican specialties. The management and staff were very helpful, and even loaned us a dvd player for some movies we bought at the swapmeet in the Encinos Plaza. Special thanks to the restaurant manager and his son for such personal attention, and their English speaking concierege, Fabian, who researched the local karioki bars for us. We may just give up the camping to enjoy this spot in the future. $73 dollars for a comfortable double was just irresistable. All they need is just one computer for internet access, and these people can go global.

Ample parking and a large dining room with a view of the valley.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Disabilities
  • Written December 25, 2007

• malecon profile photo malecon
  • Reviews: 43

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Rosita Resort Inn Hotel: As good as it looks

And I thought I was familiar with all of Tecate's hotels. On a shopping excursion down Highway 3 I discovered this fabulous hotel towering above the road. I walked in and inquired about rates and asked if I could walk around. I was very iimpressed.

Then, on my next trip to the area I stayed at this hotel and kicked myself for not having discovered it earlier since I was paying more and getting less elsewhere.

The hotel is located less than 4 miles from Tecate's downtown along Highway 3 situated amidst the boulder studded hill country surrounded by small rancheros and pastureland. Just far enough away for a rural feel but still only a five dollar taxi ride back to town.

My room was large and the friendly desk clerk assigned me a room with a glorious view.
There is 24 hour security, pool, and restaurant. I had breakfast on their terrace overlooking the magnificent Tecate countryside. There are plans for expansion and building continues next door.

The rooms are large, almost massive, and very clean. Suites with sauna baths are available. There is offstreet parking and plenty of it.

While I was there the night clerk entertained a group with his fanciful guitar picking. This hotel is a charmer.

In the morning I walked the 1/2 block to Don Benja's ceramics shop (pronounced benha). This is a family run business with a rotating inventory of hand painted pottery, plaster and cement art objects. His talents are as great as his hospitality.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written May 18, 2006
Tip Photo

This hotel as good inside as it does outside.

• malecon profile photo malecon
  • Reviews: 43

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Motel El Dorado: Friendly and comfortable accomodations

My stay at this motel went flawlessly. Matter of fact I would recommend it to others. In a town with few, if any, moderately priced hotels, this motel is a good find.

After several passes through town I settled on this motel. It beat out one other that costs more, was newer and cleaner, but had less square footage. There are several other motels in town but they didn't look appealing from the outside. Besides the Estancia Inn, the El Dorado was the only choice.

I previewed a suite on the second floor and was immediately sold. The exterior is clean and open with plenty of parking. The staff was very friendly and professional. I even got to joking around with the maids and they always waived and greeted me. The front desk called me a taxi upon request.

My suite had no view to speak of but was spacious. It had a couch, loveseat, and queen bed in the other room. The bathroom was large with good water pressure and water heating.

This is a 40 year old motel. There are some stains on the carpet but otherwise relatively clean. I could tell there was pride of ownership in the way the place was run and taken care of.

Further west on Avenue Juarez is the Estancia Inn. I find little web presence or reviews on this hotel. Though this hotel is clean and grand in appearance the room was small and depressing and extremely bland. They have a website worth viewing at www.estanciainn.com.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average