Hotel Hacienda Del Mar

Paseo Playas No.116, Playas de Tijuana, Tijuana, Baja California Norte, 22504, Mexico
Hotel Hacienda del Mar
Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

More about Hotel Hacienda Del Mar

Playas de Tijuana

by lmkluque

Playas is the word for Beaches in Spanish. If you are not a surfer nor a Bull Fight aficionado you may not even have heard of Playas de Tijuana.

However, at the beach in Tijuana there are a couple of things to see, besides sand and Pacific Ocean. The Bull Ring and the Border Park right on the border of Mexico and the USA.

Head west to the Playas de...

by BorderHopper

Head west to the Playas de Tijuana (the beach) which is off of Mexico Highway 1 (before Rosarito) & you will be able to see the actual iron fence that seperates America from Mexico. Though it was designed to keep illigal immigrants from entering the United States it was still a shocking sight to see. I realized that even though I've traveled the entire world I had never come across a border that seperated two friendly nations from one another such as this border fence seperates the United States from Mexico. In the foreground of this photo you can see Mexicans reaching through the fence as they sell goods to their American brothers on the other side of the border. This fence actually extends right into the ocean and is guarded by the American border patrol.

Mexico Border

by awayhome

me and Jimmy taking teh pictures from America hehehe. behind us is Mexico we just put teh hand into America and take a pictures.

I try to put my head into America

it's Jimmy

Jimmy again

standing by the Playas de Tijuana Bull fighting stadium.

Playas de Tijuana from Point LomaPlayas de Tijuana from Point Loma

Moving to Tijuana

by dgordon102976

Hello I will be moving to Tijuana de Playa in January but looking to secure an apartment now. Does anyone know of any good apartments currently for rent? It will just be me so a 1 or 2 bedroom will be fine. Your post are appreciated.
Thanks

RE: Moving to Tijuana

by Canangas

Hi Douglas,
do you mean Playas de Tijuana? If so, then, yes, there are lots of apartments in general. It's gotten expensive over the last 5 or so years, so I don't know what the rents go for. I am going to Tijuana on Thursday, I could get an idea for you if you're interested.

David

RE: RE: Moving to Tijuana

by MonoBichi

"Expensive" still meaning "MUCH less than California".
craigslist.com has just added a Tijuana section. Check there for rentals.

Bullfights

by barbygl

Is it better to buy your tickets in advance for the bullfights?

Re: Bullfights

by juliogg

Saludos & OLE Yes it is better to purchace before hand. The better the seats, the faster they go. Specialy if you want a private "PALCO" Thats on the bullring floor , for 4 to 6 people. The other best is "BARRERA" primera fila. This is the first row up against the rail. You can choose shade or sun, depending on your preference. I like BARRERA PRIMERA FILA, SOMBRA (shade). The first 6 rows are the most expensive and where local VIP's and the like sit. Up until last year there were 2 Bull Rings in TJ. The Downtown ring has been demolished to make room for future SuperStore. ONly one left is BullRing by the sea in Playas de Tijuana. Get there early (3:00pm) Only one ave. in so much traffic. Event starts at 4 and ends after 6. If JULI is on the cartel, it will be PACKED. Have a great time in our city. After event go to one of our great restaurants in TJ where the ambience continues.

Is Tijuana like Benidorm?

by IsaacJ

I was thinking of going to Tijuana in the late summer but, some things i have heard make me wonder whether it has been ruined by tourism and it's proximity to america. Is the nightlife alcohol based or is there some deference to music?

cheers

RE: Is Tijuana like Benidorm?

by YVRDave

I have to say, you are very confused. What was Tijuana like before its proximity to America?

by travelgourmet

I thing you would love Tiajuana and I'm sure Tiajuana would love to have you visit as well. See website: http://www,bajalife.com/tijuana/

by Seattlejhn

I agree, keep going south to San Felipe or closer Ensenada then SF. I would. The last time I went down there in 1988 but now super growth has taken place you'll like it!

by lmkluque

>>> Benidorm has a beach and high rise concrete hotels. Tijuana is land locked.

This is not so. Tijuana is not land locked. It is located on the Pacific Ocean and Playas de Tijuana is just west of the downtown area. Most people don't speak of it because they usually only visit the "tourist" section and miss everything else.

RE: Is Tijuana like Benidorm?

by anagrettel

Tijuana is a good place to visit; you just have to research before you go, to not end up in the tourist area. I like to see Tijuana as a diamond in rough, the really beautiful and worth looking places are not easy to reach for tourists, unfortunately! I can go on and on at things that I like and don't like about Tijuana is a strange love and hate situation. But, I really think is worth of a visit.

Comments