Cabo Las Flores Hotel

Leona Vicario Entre 20 de Noviembre y Revolucion, Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, 23410, Mexico

Satisfaction Poor

More about Cabo San Lucas

I caught this 83 lb shark, whcih was delicious.I caught this 83 lb shark, whcih was delicious.

The YaelThe Yael

Horseback and soft subsiding waves please!Horseback and soft subsiding waves please!

Aki can drink more the girly Sam!Aki can drink more the girly Sam!

Should I rent a car in Cabo

by caspersea

I have a rental car reserved for my June '10 trip to Cabo. I understand there's a $10/day fee added for their mandatory insurance, and accept that. Now I'm hearing at the rental car counter they add on a couple of hundred dollars beyond the quoted taxes and fees for road repair. Does anyone know if this is true? Also, I'm hearing drivers may be jailed for minor traffic accidents until a hearing, to resolve who was at fault? Is this true? I'm having second thoughts about renting, but it seems that taxis are so expensive there. Thank you in advance for any insight you can give me!

Re: Should I rent a car in Cabo

by juliogg

Rentals in CSL are just like other places. Suggest you rent AT the airport with an International Co. (Hertz, Avis etc.) Get the FULL Insurnce coverage. This will cover YOU. I have never been charged extras. A private cab ride from the airport to downtown Cabo will cost you $ 85 US Dlrs. Depending on how long you plan to stay in Cabo, try and see if your Hotel has airport pick up. You dont want a car on the day you go fishing or golfing. and in Downtown cabo there are economical jeep rentals that you could do for just 1 day. Dont get put off by Horror stories.

Travel Tips for Cabo San Lucas

take a glass bottom boat ride...

by tripster

take a glass bottom boat ride out to Lover's Beach. A fun ride with a view of the Arch, beautiful fish, and we even chased after some whales in the ocean. Eating and drinking on the beach with our feet in the sand.

Brrr!

by kcochran111

Cabo was FREEZING this April compared to other times I've visited Mexico. It was over 100 everyday last year, but not this trip!

I spent almost every night in the same pair of linen pants and light sweater. Pack for varied weather! Better safe than...cold!

Great glassware

by bfiesta

Just outside of Cabo are several glass factories. We really like the smaller family run factory and try to support them by buying several pieces each year. The tour busses all go to the bigger factory.

On the beach Peddlers

by Landshark+3 about Peddlers

I don't know about most people but I am not a big fan of haggling. I do understand trying to get a good price for your stuff and make a fair profit. What I don't like is the game that is played, They start over priced you have to knock the price down or pay to much. Just takes the fun out of it for me and I don't like feeling like I have knocked someone down to low that could use the money. I usualy try to only buy things that I couldn't get back home and things that will last. I have noticed that other things I have brought back don't last long and are made cheaply. I will usualy bring back a shirt for my brothers and with the name of the place I just came from. Usualy something nicer for my Mom. I got her a very nice hand carved bowl with here name carved into it. The guy wanted 25 for it and I got two of them for 35. I would definetely say to shop around a bit first before you buy and see how much the prices change from stor to stor or peddler. I bought some cool shell hand painted inside and the one shop gave me a price of 30 each and later another shop said 10 each for the same thing. I got them for 8 each and didn't have to haggle much at all. Straw Cowboy hat ten dollars, shirts no more than ten each.

Watch out for the Jello Shots!

by Meisjodi about El Squid Roe

Ok, I love El Squid Row. It is entertaining all night long. The drinks are cheap and you can dance on the tables. Just watch out for the Jello shots. Once you start the waitresses keep cramming them down your throat at $3.00 a piece this is an expensive practice. But honestly, I love the place.

Comments