Capella Pedregal

Rated Higher but Costs More than similar hotels

See Popular Hotels

worst management

by written on November 1, 2013

I was recently staying at this high end resort, 1 hour after arrival I was approached by another guest who said nothing to me and pushed me, I fell back and my foot was sliced open, the hotel advised us not to call authorities, the told us they would not come, which later we found out not to be true, hotel just didnt want police at hotel, Capella Pedrigal did nothing for me, I was treated as if I did something wrong, the person who did this did not care nor the hotel, Fernando the manager on duty actually asked me to keep this quiet, when I choose to go the the police, the hotel advised the guest who commited the assault, and she fled the resort!!!! I will be on crutches for 3 weeks after this incident!!!

Plush & Private

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 10, 2012

I adored Capella. It was private, secure, quiet, remote and plush.
At 5pm each day I was treated to a tray of fresh hot chips, guacamole, salsa and Corona on ice. I was not the only guest who enjoyed this treat while sitting in private plunge pool.
Yes, it is true you can not swim in the ocean on Pacific Beach (unless your affairs are in order and you don't mind not returning to your room to pack), but you can walk its length and be cooled by the spray. There were several flat locations on the beach where I could practice my putting.
Room service is a must at least once.

Unique Quality: I adored Capella. It was private, secure, quiet, remote and plush.
Room service is a must at least once.

Directions: $140 taxi ride from airport

Worst Time Ever!!

by written on September 6, 2011

I cannot stress how bad my stay was. I would expect a place where you pay $600-700 a night to offer better service and have respect. We had an issue with our bill that needed a manager. Wow, was he horrible, arrogant and cocky. The manger completely told us off and did not resolve our issue and charged us anyway. It was some unknown hidden hotel fee! Things like this really turn me off. The food was subpar. We ate better at the taco stands in town than at the hotel. Everything was overly priced here and not worth it. This place is all hype and simply way too expensive. You can't swim at their beach either that was a complete surprise since when we called the hotel prior to our arrival they confirmed that we could swim on their beach. We made a huge mistake coming here and will never come back.

Unique Quality: None

The worst experience I have ever had

by written on July 19, 2011

The property was beautiful, the views and room were fantastic.

However, that aside, I was treated with utter disrespect and would never suggest staying at this property. The general manager was condescending and rude. I have never been treated so poorly in my life. To spend 700.00 a night for this, all I can say is the Palmilla can have my business back-- tunnel, plunge pool and the overly anxious staff - you can have it. I am a VERY frequent traveler and have been coming to Cabo for 20 plus years, all I can say is this property has more than a few lessons in customer service to learn. If you want to throw down, this is not the place.

With regards to the El Farallon restaurant, go to a taco stand, you can have much better lobster from a vendor and save 500.00.

The Capella Pedregal is a place I would never recommend to anyone.

Nearby Capella Pedregal

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Cabo San Lucas Travel Forum

Need advice about Cabo San Lucas, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Cabo San Lucas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Cabo San Lucas hotel reviews

Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Resort
Pleasant (2.5 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews
Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
Pueblo Bonito Blanco (Pueblo Bonita Los Cabos)
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews

Just be careful
Water in Cabo San Lucas
Cabo Viejo Luxury Estates and Spa - Review
Things to Do
Good, not great, place for dinner.
Hertz Car Rental Cabo San Lucas
Avoid Jungle Cruise at all Costs
Things to Do
Cabo Valet Travel & East Cape Wings is a Rip Off!
DO NOT BUY A TIMESHARE IN MEXICO