Camino Del Mar 1, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, 23455, Mexico

Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

Rated 12% higher but also costs 161% more than other 5 star hotels

• worst management

I was recently staying at this high end resort, 1 hour after arrival I was approached by another guest who said nothing to me and pushed me, I fell back and my foot was sliced open, the hotel advised us not to call authorities, the told us they would not come, which later we found out not to be true, hotel just didnt want police at hotel, Capella Pedrigal did nothing for me, I was treated as if I did something wrong, the person who did this did not care nor the hotel, Fernando the manager on duty actually asked me to keep this quiet, when I choose to go the the police, the hotel advised the guest who commited the assault, and she fled the resort!!!! I will be on crutches for 3 weeks after this incident!!!

• Plush & Private

I adored Capella. It was private, secure, quiet, remote and plush.
    At 5pm each day I was treated to a tray of fresh hot chips, guacamole, salsa and Corona on ice. I was not the only guest who enjoyed this treat while sitting in private plunge pool.
    Yes, it is true you can not swim in the ocean on Pacific Beach (unless your affairs are in order and you don't mind not returning to your room to pack), but you can walk its length and be cooled by the spray. There were several flat locations on the beach where I could practice my putting.
    Room service is a must at least once.

Unique Quality: I adored Capella. It was private, secure, quiet, remote and plush.
    Room service is a must at least once.

Directions: $140 taxi ride from airport

• Worst Time Ever!!

I cannot stress how bad my stay was. I would expect a place where you pay $600-700 a night to offer better service and have respect. We had an issue with our bill that needed a manager. Wow, was he horrible, arrogant and cocky. The manger completely told us off and did not resolve our issue and charged us anyway. It was some unknown hidden hotel fee! Things like this really turn me off. The food was subpar. We ate better at the taco stands in town than at the hotel. Everything was overly priced here and not worth it. This place is all hype and simply way too expensive. You can't swim at their beach either that was a complete surprise since when we called the hotel prior to our arrival they confirmed that we could swim on their beach. We made a huge mistake coming here and will never come back.

Unique Quality: None

• The worst experience I have ever had

The property was beautiful, the views and room were fantastic.

However, that aside, I was treated with utter disrespect and would never suggest staying at this property. The general manager was condescending and rude. I have never been treated so poorly in my life. To spend 700.00 a night for this, all I can say is the Palmilla can have my business back-- tunnel, plunge pool and the overly anxious staff - you can have it. I am a VERY frequent traveler and have been coming to Cabo for 20 plus years, all I can say is this property has more than a few lessons in customer service to learn. If you want to throw down, this is not the place.

With regards to the El Farallon restaurant, go to a taco stand, you can have much better lobster from a vendor and save 500.00.

The Capella Pedregal is a place I would never recommend to anyone.

More about Capella Pedregal

Villas in Pedregal

by makikus1 about Villa Maria and Villa Al Fin

I stayed in a beautiful Villa MARIA in Pedregal Cabo San Lucas over looking the Pacific ocean. Thanks a lot CESAR for your incredible attention with us, he´s the property rentals and manager of Cabo Dreams Rentals and belive me they´re the best (www.cabodreamsrentals.com). It was the holiday of my dreams. The mexican people were beautiful people and I felt safe there. Pedregal is a gated community with security 24hours a day. We had a wonderful experience there. In cabo itself was great shopping, great food, very exciting. CESAR provided us SPA and Chef services in our villa. Luxury and privacy of the villa lifestyle.

. Food and beverage pre-stocking
. Private gourmet chefs and catering
. Butlers and housekeepers
. Complete in-villa spa treatments
. VIP transportation
. Arrangements for activities and services, such as fishing, golf, boating, day tours, cell phone rentals, child care, and much

FRIDAFRIDA

flank steak with rice and beansflank steak with rice and beans

Dress RehersalDress Rehersal

along the corridoralong the corridor

Barcelo Los Cabos

by paddyanne

We are going to Barcelo Los Cabos at the end of January. We have booked a prestige junior suite and are very excited. However, some of the reviews are horrendous. I am getting very, very worried.
Obviously, we are booked.
Question:
What is the actual dress code in the a la carte restaurants?
I have seen various comments not allowing capri pants for ladies, etc.
Do the men and women have to have closed toe shoes? I have no problem wearing a skirt, and my husband, long pants. However, can he wear sandals? I hope I can.
ARe there any excursions or places to go that are worthwhile? Or just around the pool is sufficient.

thanks a bunch for any input.

by leics

The dress code on the hotel webpage states;

'Dress code: semi-formal or business casual; long pants, shirt and shoes are required'

Presumably this does not mean you wear long pants *and* a skirt. :-)

I suggest that this implies sandals for men are not acceptable. Not so sure about women. Dressy, heeled sandals, perhaps?

Link is too long to post, but google ' Barcelo Los Cabos', click on the hotel website and scroll down to the detail under 'All inclusive plan'.

by Lurchizo

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have been to many resorts with the same dress code requirements for the a la carte restaurants and they aren't too pushy on this; they are just trying to avoid people showing up in shorts and t-shirts. I usually just wear a golf shirt, maybe a pair of dress pants and a casual pair of shoes. I would be very surprised if anyone said anything to you about wearing sandals. I have even warn jeans in them and no one has said anything. They are just trying to dress it up a little bit more than the buffet line.

by ViajesdelMundo

Yes, I can assure you no problem about open-toe shoes in SJD!! pulllleeeese! but that's the problem that so many tourists these days think they can go into a nice restaurant in almost beach gear; so what the previous poster says is right on!

I've lived an hour north of SJD for 16 yrs and didn't even know of this place til now! but I have stayed in 5-stars in Cabo recently gone to the FRIDA restaurant (see my Cabo page), and I don't own a pair of closed shoes other than hiking boots!!

ENJOY!! I'm sure you'll be fine just taking one or two nicer outfits (dress any decent length, long skirt or pants) and a pair of long pants for yr husband.

Travel Tips for Cabo San Lucas

American lifestyle...

by Ronald_T

Due the many American tourists (95%), Cabo San Lucas is not a typical Mexican city anymore. Everything is from and for the Americans and many do live here. Prices are not in Pesos, but in US$. There is a newspaper in English called the Gringo Gazette written and published by Americans. Here you can find everything you have to know about living and travelling in Los Cabos. Only some Mariachis in town remind that you are in Mexico. Also, you do not need to speak Spanish in Cabo, everyone here speaks English.

I met an American couple in Los Cabos with who I had a drink with. Strange, but when they came to Cabo, they never thought arriving in Mexico. They where sure to end up in California?!?!

Parasailing

by Sonador3

Parasailing's a very popular activity in Cabo, and is available at several locations along Medano Beach. Some are better than others, so my advise is to ask folks how they liked their sail when they get off the boat. You should try it at least once as it's a lot of fun. Most operators will playfully dunk you in the water, but if you take a camera, most do a pretty good job of keeping you dry. Lots of fun! All equipment is provided by the operator. Just bring your swimsuit and a towel!

Todos Santos

by bfiesta

A nice drive for lunch to Todos Santos is a relaxing way to get out of the city. There is not much here in the way of entertainment. The Hotel California is a great place for lunch. Watch out for TOPAS (speed bumps in the middle of the highway)!

Don't Miss The Floor Show

by jag17 about Giggling Marlin

The Giggling Marlin is a bar, restaurant and nightclub. Nightly floor shows are always entertaining, and just a little naughty. If you are called on to participate...plan on drinking some (okay a lot) of tequilia! They encourage dancing on the bar, jell-o shots, and all around craziness. Very casual

Comments