Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club

Corredor Turistico SJC-CSL km 10, Cabo Del Sol, Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, 23450, Mexico

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

• Hacienda Del Mar-Timeshare Presentation

We met Pablo and he invite us to a timeshare presentation at this place, they pick me up from my hotel @ 8 am, they paid for breakfast for the 6 of us, good food, at the end they gave us $500.00, they paid for my taxi back to the hotel, we were at the beach by 11:00 am, we use the money to go to Cabo Wabo that night. We had a good time!

Unique Quality: If u really want to buy at this place, offer them $13,500.00 for one bedroom for two weeks, plus 2 weeks with RCI

• kimberlyfisher1's Profile Photo

Hacienda Del Mar does ok...

I let my girlfriend choose accommodations when we took a trip to Cabo in the summer of 2005, and she choose the Hacienda Del Mar. As far as hotels go in Cabo, this was one of my least favorite ones. The service was mediocre at best, it took us forever to get our room serviced, and it was more of a "romantic" place than a "girls trip" place. Located on "the corridor", The hacienda-style resort is a bit of the trek to get into town, even though the travel agent we booked it through said it was 4.3 miles. (more like 15-20 minute cab ride). Part of the Sheraton hotel chain, great if you’re a club member and accumulating points, but I tend to think more "business" than "pleasure".

Unique Quality: Basic amenities include:

~Choice of 6 different suites; Junior, Luxury, Master, Executive, Presidential, and Penthouse

~Activities pool, 2 children's pools, swim up bar

~Amazing Views

~Small shopping area

~Room service

~Spa

~Laundry

~Several restaurants

• Lover's Paradise

This place is awesome! The food at the resort is wonderful. My husband and I got married on the beach in front of the resort. We couldn't have asked for anything more. The staff is great, the pool is wonderful. The spa is worth going to! The beach is swimmable at times, and there were not many vendors on the beach.

Unique Quality: Pool is awesome!
    The food is great!
    Drinks 2 for 1 at different bars throughout the day!

Directions: This resort is about 20 miles from the airport

• Lizchiq's Profile Photo

Gorgeous, Luxurious

I have stayed here a few times with family friends in their timeshare section and also hotel part. I've stayed in a 3-bedroom suite and they are AWESOME. This place is very clean, luxurious but not overboard and there's like 7 bars and therefore 7 happy hours. To the best of my knowledge, this beach doesn't have any traffic from beach vendors.

• bruingirl's Profile Photo

Luxury hotel on the beach!

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! What more can I say? Located on the "Corridor" between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, this luxurious hotel is on its own private beach and has some of the most amazing views! This hotel was on the Conde Nast Gold List for a couple of years and I can definitely see why!

There are several pools where you can swim and relax, while overlooking the ocean. The inifinity pools are very nice, and so are the swim-up bars. There must be like 3 different pool areas, all very picturesque.

The rooms were spacious with a jacuzzi tub, shower, dual sinks, mini-fridge, and all the "typical" hotel touches. We had such a wonderful stay on this beautiful resort. We were here in June 2005 for a wedding and it was soooo perfect! :)

Unique Quality: Amazing views of the ocean. We had an ocean view room and it was just beautiful! The beach areas are really nice and it was just so relaxing to be under an umbrella, watching the white sand glisten in the sun, contrasted against the blue of the water. There's a golf course with a terrific clubhouse and many restaurants on-site from which to choose. There's also a collection of shops where you could pick up something you may have forgotten - everything from bathing suits, t-shirts, jewelry, touristy stuff, usual amenities, etc...

There are about 4-5 different restaurants serving everything from traditional Mexican fare to California fusion. Service is great everywhere and because it's such a huge resort, there are plenty of staff members on hand on golf carts to give you a ride. :)

Directions: On the corridor, on the beach side, going towards Cabo San Lucas from the airport.

• tripster's Profile Photo

La Hacienda is our favorite...

La Hacienda is our favorite spot. close to downtown right on el medano beach. old style mexican hotel, beautiful gardens, open tile entry way, and very friendly workers. walk right down to the beach.

Unique Quality: a great bar called the Cosmic Oyster Bar. pool table, mariachi band, indoor/outdoor, a nice place to end the day.

More about Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club

Hacienda Del Mar and Cabo

by TripAdvisor Member rk0779

We spent 08/14-08/20 at the Hacienda Del Mar and had an excellent time. The advice we recieved on the forum was very helpful. Hopefully we can provide some useful information as well.

Accommadations:
Our room did not have an ocean view, but the grounds were beautiful and we really did not spend much time in the room. There was lots of space and the housekeeping service was excellent. The pools were beutiful and we could always find a chair poolside. The beach was great too, but a bit rough for much swimming. They actually had to close it one day during our trip do to the large waves. We only ate at the resort once as we had heard it was quite expensive. We mainly bought groceries in town and used our kitchen.

Transportation:
We rented a car which was great as it allowed us to come and go as we pleased. Driving was not diifcult in Cabo and we didn't have trouble with parking.

Fishing:
We fished on a 23' panga with Red Rum. We caugt and 7 foor marlin, a baby marlin and a dorado. Our boat captain was an excellent fisherman, but his english was very limited. We had wanted to catch and release the marlin and he ended up hooking and clubing it. At the shore they wanted $900 to mount it. We ended up giving the fish to our captain, but really had wanted to catch and release so make sure you make that clear before you leave if that is the case. We had our dorado cooked and the fish hut in Cabo and it was our best meal of the trip.

Snorkeling:
We went on a tour to chileano beach. There were lots of fish here, but it was very, very crowded and the water was murky. We spent two days on our own at santa maria beach and it was wonderful. The water was clear and not too crowded. The tours were there between 12 and 2 but it wasn;t even too bad with them there. There are umbrelas to rent on the beach as well.

Shopping:
We did a majority of our shopping at the flea market in cabo. They seemed to have something for everyone and were easy to bargain with. We did notice that the prices jumped significantly on the weekend. Somethings (vanilla) almost doubled in price from thrusday to friday.

We had a great trip. Hope we have provided some useful information.

Paradise in Cabo

by TripAdvisor Member Bajabuny

Our timeshare week at the Hacienda Del Mar was just fabulous. What a beautiful,full service resort, from the pool side food and beverage service to the frozen towels and sunglass cleaner person I couldn't have been more pampered! Plenty of pool space and lounges, swimup bar and three hot tubs. We swam in the ocean each afternoon as the sea is much calmer this time of year but do observe the warning flags that are on the beach.
Our room was cleaned thoroughly each morning and sheets changed three times a week.A beautiful white duvet on each bed. The beds are "Heavenly Beds" with plenty of pillows. There are lots of fluffy white bath towels and a huge shower. The chef at Tomatoes restaurant is new and the food is excellent. We had their Italian buffet dinner,delicious! Pitahayas was as wonderful as ever, try the coconut shrimp! The live music was a special treat along with the great food.The spa has been enlarged and offers a full range of spa services,I had a relaxing sports massage, one of the best ever at the Spa. The Hacienda Del Mar just keeps getting better and better. Can't wait to go back in April.

A great location!

My girl friend and I just returned from a week at the Hacienda Del Mar. I also read all the posts before we went and pretty much agree with everything written. Thanks to comments regarding renting a car, we managed to get a FREE car at Thrifty by agreeing to attend a time share presentation at Pubelo Bonito Sunset Beach. Can't beat that deal! We were approached as soon as we walked out of customs at the airport. It was great having the car as we went shopping in Costco and were able to go to town nearly every evening at no extra cost.
The hotel is everything that has been written about it. The rooms are great. We had a studio which had a huge bathroom (including shower and jacuzzi) two very comfortable beds, high quality linens, and a large kitchen, inlcuding a large fridge. I've stayed at quite a few resorts and this was definitely the best room! We especially appreciated all the fresh towels provided on a daily basis.
The resort is very spacious and you never feel like anyone is on top of you. There are always plenty of chairs and the many pools offer lots of choices. However, I think that their pool service is poor. They could do with more waiters! When we were there people often had to go find their own drinks and/or food. It was very hard to catch a waiter. One gripe I have is that they don't offer 2 for 1 on the non alcholic drinks during happy hour. Not everyone drinks! This is the first resort I've been at where they penalize you for not drinking alcohol! Drinks are expensive and the food too, but as mentioned in previous posts, it is to be expected!
One great little restaurant we went to (my husband and I have also been to on previous trips to Cabo) is the La Palapa (The Gus) which is right behind Squid Roe in the downtown area. I can highly recommend it! Gus is the owner and he will take good care of you. Food is great. I don't know the exact street address but any taxi will know it.

Beautiful setting but....

by TripAdvisor Member day tripper 100

We spent July 16-23, 2005 at the Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club. I had read all the reviews I could find about Cabo and HDM before leaving home and was gald to be prepared for most of what we encountered. Not sure if this is normal but after getting off the plane we stood for over 2 hours in line to pass through customs. Having started our day at 5 am and not getting our luggage until almost 4 pm we were not in the mood for the "attack of the time share" at the airport. They tried however and although we knew we could negotiate some good freebies, this fellow we had talked to wanted a $60.00 deposit! Customary or not, we passed on the deposit and headed to pick up our car. Got a great rate through Cheap tickets when I booked air fair and we are really glad we had a car, as the resort is several miles from town. We did make a deal to see a time share but feel like it was worth our time, we received our car rental free, 3 $50.00 dinner certificates and free snorkling. We attended the FiestaAmericana presentation and they were pleasant even though we didn't buy.
My complaints about the HDM was the noise, you could hear every step, chair moved, conversation of those above and next to you. For some reason in the morning due to the tile or hallways, who knows, the doors closing were like a huge thunderclap. And conversations as people walked to the stairs seemed to echo. A little tough for late sleepers. We had a studio, although advertised as a 4 sleeper with 2 private I fail to see how that would be possible because the beds were about 2 ft apart without any divider between them. I also thought the food was very highly priced and only ate at the resort once and was dissapointed.
We did have a couple maint. issues we called on after getting in to our room and they were taken care of within minutes. The maid service was good and the pools beautiful. Although we felt like we had a fun week and enjoyed Cabo we probably won't rush back there anytime soon. Just can't stand to be on a beach that you are advised to stay out of the water. What fun is that?

Hacienda del Mar Resort, Cabo San LugasHacienda del Mar Resort, Cabo San Lugas

The front beach restaurant at Hacienda del MarThe front beach restaurant at Hacienda del Mar

Hw much is a taxi

by sf01

from Los Cabos International to Villa La Estancia which is 1 mile away from Cabo San Lucas downtown?
Thank you all in advance.

RE: Hw much is a taxi

by bruingirl

Taxi cabs in Cabo are NOT cheap! From the airport to the hotel, it will probably cost you about US$40, if not more. I stayed at the Hacienda del Mar, 11 miles from the downtown area and each way cost about $30. You might want to consider getting a car - it cost us $120 for 3 days.
Taxis are sooooooooooooo expensive in Cabo!

RE: Hw much is a taxi

by squidly2

There are also shuttle busses at teh ariport for about $15 per person, but you'll have to listen to their time-share advertisement, and wait while they drop everyone else off. Maybe a good deal if you're travelling alone, but for more than one person, go with a taxi!

Comments