ME Cabo San Lucas

Satisfaction Average

Costs 21% more and rated 12% lower than other 4.5 star hotels

• juliogg's Profile Photo

Nikki beach club

Just returned from Cabo and this place is right out of a MIAMI Magazine. If you like the Delano's type of beach club, pool, sheet drapped cabanas, big beds by the pool or on the sand, this is it. Beautifull fems and the like. A bit pricy at 5 dlls. a beer but well worth the view. The nightclub is as trendy and private as you wish. A must visit if you go to Cabo. Arrive early, and get a bed type cabana between the pool and beach. You wont want to leave. Rooms and service are fine but the pool and beach is what this place is about.

Directions: Right on Medanos beach where a variety of other sand clubs with jet skies and the like are at.

More about ME Cabo San Lucas

I stayed at the Melia San...

by Sunshine64

I stayed at the Melia San Lucas. Nice place, but had to convince the desk to give us the ocean front room we'd paid extra to get. Nice beach.
Great pool.
Walking distance to downtown.

ME Disappointed in Cabo

by TripAdvisor Member climber42

From June 21, to June 28, 2007, we stayed on “The Level" in a “Chic Suite” (room 401). The hotel has recently undergone a very nice major renovation but for $7,300 USD the room was small. As I kindly told the person at “The Level” desk, “It is the nicest small room I have ever stayed in”. We asked if there was an upgrade available, and three days later they accommodated us for four nights in a “Loft Suite” (room 627) for an additional $2,300 USD. The room comes with an iPod/radio combo (nice). We had some problems getting the iPod delivered to the room. When I was inquiring about checking back in the iPod, (the previous one had been stolen from the room during a bachelor party) I was told by the Level Manager, “Don’t worry about it, you have got one now”. Ouch! This was the second rude thing the Level Manager had said to me. (I guess he has been in the service industry too long).

When we checked out, after having spent $10,000 USD on our room, room service, restaurant and spa services; on the bill they slipped under the door, we had been charged $25 USD for a “hat” from the mini bar (we found out the charge was for a “hat” later at the front desk). At checkout they called someone on the phone and after a couple of minutes removed the charge from our bill. The bad news was when we got home they had put the hat charge back on our credit card! Let’s see, for a $5 (cost) hat, which I never saw in the mini bar ever (I am sure one of the girls at the bachelor party is wearing it), they have chosen to make an OK experience at ME Cabo turn to a bad experience and ensure I will never spend another dime at ME Cabo. Too bad, this was our 10th visit to Cabo.

Free shuttle to town/their sister hotel

by Chase&Rich about Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach And Golf Resor

I stayed there and really enjoyed it. The best part is that they offer (or at least did, you may want to confirm with them) a free shuttle to their sister property in town. To take a cab down can cost around $50 US. Yikes! But with the free shuttle, it was a blast. You may check out the other hotel and pool, and lounge about. Or take a walk into the town and be a tourist. I met wonderful people at the Cabo Real and together we went down to the 'city.' We had a great time. I really wanted the r&r of the resort and got it, but it was fun to kick my heels up a bit.
Also, all drinks are pretty pricey at resorts, maybe bring an allowable amount from home. Or while at the airport pick up something or ask to stop at a market before getting to the resort. From my experience, the drivers will not bring you to a local price place, (and they probably get a commission) but it is still better than $6 per beer. And buy your drinking water for the room. I think their tap was okay (for brushing and such), but I still drink bottled. And you'll want it after a day of sun. The Real has a nice pool, but be smarter than I was my first day out. Wear sunscreen. :) Buono viaggio!

Perfect location in Cabo!

by TripAdvisor Member straushouse

My wife and I just returned from Cabo and had a great stay at the ME Cabo Resort. We were just getting away from the kids so we wanted to relax while letting loose a bit and the hotel offered a perfect balance of beach/pool; young/old crowd in just a fantastic location. With a 10 minute walk, we were at the Marina with countless restaurant and activity options. Each morning, we'd walk the beach to work up an appetite and then get our day started. We didn't eat much at the hotel so I don't have a lot to report about the food but the room was simple and nice, the staff was very friendly and the grounds were always clean. Clear out space in your mini-fridge and eat at nearby La Golondrina for steak/seafood and pick up some bottled water from one of the local mini-marts. Also, thank you to whomever recommended Transcabo for our shuttle to/from the airport. This company rocks!

Best hotel in Cabo

by TripAdvisor Member sfcalgal

I just returned from my vacation in Cabo in the ME Cabo. I read all the reviews prior to booking the hotel and figured most of the negative reviews were due to music, not being kid-friendly, etc. Well, let me tell you, I loved this hotel. And I fully intend on returning next year for July 4th. You will also love this hotel if you:
1. Like to people watch (and aren't intimidated by a little plastic surgery and beautiful people)
2. Enjoy house/dance/lounge music by the pool (please do not bring your own speakers to the pool. If you don't like this music, you shouldn't stay at this hotel!)
3. Are looking for a hotel with no kids (there were a couple but i swear they migrated over from the other hotels)
4. Like to drink...we spent all day drinking margaritas by the pool!
5. Enjoy a clean hotel with modern touches, including beds by the pool instead of your typical lounge chairs
6. A medium size hotel...not too big and not too small. The pool never felt crowded. And getting up the pool bar was no problem. (and the drinks weren't that expensive...$7 a drink. But 2 for 1 from 11-1!)
7. Like to have a club in your hotel. Passion club was going off when we arrived in Cabo on a Friday night. Our room was on the 5th floor to the side of the club...with the doors closed, it wasn't loud at all.
8. Like a clean hotel. I swear, I could eat off the floors in our hotel room. It was a good size with a nice, big balcony.
9. Convenient location. Sand Bar and the Office are just a stones throw from the hotel. Two restaurants we frequented during our stay. And only 10 minute walk to downtown. Easy easy!
10. and finally, this place isn't overrun by 18 year olds acting like it's spring break. This hotel is for adults.

We also had good service at the ME Cabo. Our flight was 3 hours late. We called the hotel...they not only confirmed our room, but provided our room number to us. When we got in our room, we had complimentary beers (just what we needed after our flight!).

Some other notes...while in Cabo...you must have brunch at the Sand Bar next to the hotel. The prices are very reasonable and the food is fantastic. Also, try the tapas at VOS in town (across from Margaritaville). We also had a good time dancing at Nowhere Bar. We tried Zoo Bar but on a Monday...it was dead. Cabo is definitely more happening on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday.

Make sure to know what you are in for......

by TripAdvisor Member pamalaka

I read the reviews before going to the ME Cabo but thought that maybe there were just a few people over-reacting to a bad expereince. However, the were all correct with regard to the music at the pool and the club. Basically this hotel caters to the young single crowd looking to "Party". The music by the pool was tolerable during the week but by Thursday that changed and the pool was overcrowded and the music was unappealing and repetitive. The hotel is over priced - $5.00 for a can of soda at the pool. Everything seems to be expensive and they are more then happy to charge to your room and they don't give you a receipt. The club is also loud but by the w/e we moved to the other side of the hotel (airconditioning didn't work) and didn't really hear it. Each time we walked by it seemed empty though. Watch out for time share sales at the hotel! They are building one right next door and the hotel tries very hard to push you over there offering free drinks, spas, breakfast and won't take no for an answer. It was very rude and annoying. The were on us as soon as we arrived and before we even got to our room. What a way to begin. The hotel is very clean and pretty and the staff seemed helpful and nice but we didn't complain too much. The food at the restaurant by the pool was good. Other notes, there do seem to be "outsiders" at the pool and the weekend seems worse then earlier so book a few days mid week and it will be a better experience. At the pool they hired girls to dance in sparkling bikini's on top of tables - not the kind of thing I wanted for entertainment. Even the guys were making fun of them. They also do a lot of promoting for the club which seems to be the big draw. There were people dressed up at the front door wearing stilts handing out brochures one night. Could be a very nice hotel if they changed the music and closed the club. Was not what we were looking for. Good for the young party crowd who have money to burn, not for anyone else. Good luck. I wouldn't go back to that hotel with so many other places (even nicer) to choose from right nearby.

Beautiful...But I wished I would have known about this...

by TripAdvisor Member danimoni70

I just came back from spending 6 days in Cabo San Lucas. My sister, my friend and I had a great time. The property, ME Cabo is beautiful. It's an extra treat to have beds/cabana's instead of beach chairs on the beach and by the pool. Prior to choosing this hotel, we read the reviews stating that this hotel is loud and very much a party spot. To be honest, we were surprised that the music wasn't loud and found the property to be almost empty.

However, the trend is Wednesday-Saturday...this is when the music becomes loud and the crowd became rowdier. We were glad that our departure was on Saturday, but still liked to be part of the little bit of action we saw (mostly heavy on Friday night).

One thing to be aware of are the hotel workers. Although everyone treated us kindly, we did get different answers to the same question. For example, we were told that we didn't need to make special arrangements to take the shuttle from our hotel to the airport, but this was not the case, so make sure to make your arrangements with the front desk--don't trust the bellman.

In addition, if you're a group of 3-4 people you can share a room. Do not get suckered into paying money for 1-2 additional people. Trust me, everyone gets away with this. The room will comfortably sleep 4 adults and it's not worth the extra $100 a day to add a person to your room. Finally, take advantage of their happy hour drink specials 2 for 1 starting at 11AM and ending at 1PM.

On another note, when you arrive in Cabo, don't get "sucked" in by the time share people--they're right there when you walk through customs and want to "offer" you a transportation voucher for you to get to your hotel. You're better off taking the $15 shuttle to your hotel (easy to find cause their is only one shuttle service in town).

If you're looking for food, don't eat at the hotel. It's not that good and the price is very high. We found that a place right next door, the Sand Bar was a good alternative for lunch and Lenny's (a spot up the street from the hotel) was good for breakfast. Finally, remember to bargain with the beach vendors, don't take a cab to the Marina--it's a 10 minute walk and go to Desperado's--good food and a free Margarita with your entree. Enjoy...wish I could come along with you!

Lots of fun...for the party hearted

by TripAdvisor Member mommiesn

It was a girlfriend getaway. I was skeptical about staying as I wanted a really nice quiet place, but my friends wanted a scene. I was nervous after reading about the blaring music, etc...The music was very south beach...not really my choice but it was fine. At night the music did not keep me awake, I even brought earplugs but never needed them. The pool is defintiely a scene and a bit scandelous. The daybeds by the beach were very nice. If you want to party in the sun this is for you...if you are looking for a romantic getaway or have kids, probably not. The staff was excellent. The hotel is not a four seasons but is nice - heck its Cabo! I was impressed by how clean everything was at the hotel! And I am picky. You can walk to everything from this location.
Tip: I did not charge anything to the room or run up any tabs at the bar to avoid overcharging problems. Not sure about the final bill yet...
We had a great time!

Loud Music Fri and Sun Nights

by TripAdvisor Member Leon2n

Very nice Hotel and surroundings, however, forget about trying to sleep Friday and Saturday Nights. The party and music goes on until 4:00AM. This hotel is NOT for family with children.

Beach at Hotel Me CaboBeach at Hotel Me Cabo

Melia

by emj5

Has anyone stayed at the Melia San Lucas? I'm going down with a couple friends in july and it seemed like the most appealing place for young people that want a nice hotel close to the nightlife. We are all over 18 but not 21, and i was wondering if this is one of the hotels you need to be 21+ to check in. Any comments would be appreciated thanks.

RE: Melia

by bruingirl

Melia San Lucas is a great place to stay! It's w/in "stumbling" distance to all the nightlife. :) Go to the Office for Happy Hour - it's a fun scene! You guys will have a ton of fun at the Melia - it's perfect for you!

Comments