Marbella Suites Cabo San Lucas

KM 3, El Tezal lote 20 Fracc. A y B, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, 23450, Mexico

More about Cabo San Lucas

55 feet of LUXURY55 feet of LUXURY

Cabo Mar, Snorkling cruiseCabo Mar, Snorkling cruise

Guacamole....yummyGuacamole....yummy

Aki relaxing at the beachAki relaxing at the beach

Day of the Dead--Los Cabos Region

by ekseattle

Hi there, I will be in the Los Cabos region over Day of the dead. (Actually there Oct 30-Nov 2 before moving on to other locations)
I am curious if any of the local towns have anything that goes on...ie highly decorated cemeteries...parades...that sort of thing.
Also, can someone advise on taking pictures at the cemeteries...ie is it looked down upon due to this being a special time or will there be lots of people doing it...
Small towns are fine...I actually would prefer to get out of Cabo itself as I am not there for the clubs...
Thanks
Ed

Re: Day of the Dead--Los Cabos Region

by ViajesdelMundo

I live about 1.5 hours north of Cabo, in Los Barriles, a much smaller, less touristy town.(link to my LB page: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/f8c86/e60a0/ ) Here, mostly the observances are in homes and of course at the cemetery. (Nov. 1st is for departed children, the 2nd is for all others). Their parties begin on night of the 31st.

I don't know for sure, but I have never heard of there being any special public observances in Cabo either, other than a lot of family altars with the marigolds, candles, photos, favorite foods, being erected at Plaza Amelia Wilkes, on 2nd November and a prize given for the 'best'.

I am sure that there will be the cemetery happenings. Also, all the markers along the roads get cleaned up and decorated then too.

There would be the special confections and breads for sale at the appropriate tiendas, of course, along with many items of CALAVERAS and KATRINAS.

Travel Tips for Cabo San Lucas

Local Art

by toddakiyama

*Plenty of shops around town selling local art

*You'll also want to take your camera with you so you can take pictures of the local art around town

*I actually bought some hand painted items from local vendors for $5 USD each. They were really cool looking, so I bought them to give to friends who love this sort of thing

Fishing and restaurants that will cook your catch

by Cruiseone2003

I chartered a fishing boat for my brother's and I for half a day during our one day visit of Cabo San Lucas while on our cruise. I chartered the boat online through a company called "El Budster". As promised, a representative from the company waited for us as we arrived at the Marina, escorted to our fishing boat complete with two fighting chairs, captain and one deck hand. On our way out of Cabo San Lucas we stopped in the middle of the bay to purchase live bait then proceeded out to sea. In total we were out to sea about 4.5 hours and managed to bring in 4 El Dorado's (Mahi Mahi). We also saw a beautiful Marlin toy with our live bait but he left as quickly as he arrived.

After a day of fishing we were ready to enjoy our catch at Captain Tony's, located on the Marina whose motto is "You Catch 'em, we cook 'em". I brought our fish to the restaurant where it was quickly grilled and returned on a large platter cooked in garlic butter, lemon butter, and bbq sauce complete with a small salad all for $5.00USD per person; suchadeal! knowing that we caught the fish made it even that much better. Don't bring a thing, El Budster will supply all the gear and live bait, they'll even provide bottled water, sodas, beer and boxed lunches although I'd skip the boxed lunch and just bring some snack bars or something light just incase you have a case of "mal de mer".

Take an ATV tour to the old lighthouse

by Sonador3

One of the most fun activities in Cabo is to rent an ATV and take a ride out to the old lighthouse. There are a couple of ways to do it:

1. Rent an ATV by the hour and go yourself -- recommended only if you have some experience getting around Cabo and the outlying neighborhoods.

2. Go on a tour with an established agency.

I went with option 2 the first time out, and after that I just rented them on my own. The beauty of just renting them on your own is that you can then ride them around town and check out places you normally wouldn't go or wouldn't want to take a taxi to, like Pedregal, etc.

Most people take a ride through the village and head on out to the Old Lighthouse. There are sand duns out there that you can ride on and it's a blast. Pack a sandwich and something to drink and have lunch at the beach, or watch the sunset.

holy cerveza!!

by hotsauce28 about Bar Hopping

ladies, you can drink for free somewhere EVERYNITE!!
are you ready??? here we go.....

Wednesday - Love Shack
Thursday - Desperado
Friday - The Crazy Iguana
Saturday - The Hard Rock (it's very loud in here....did you hear me?? IT'S VERY LOUD!)
Sunday - The Mambo Cafe
Monday - for the life of me, i can't remeber this nite.....
Tuesday - Nowhere Bar

all of these bars are within a 3 block radius of each other right in DT Cabo!!

SALUT!

To much noise, to expensive...

by Ronald_T about El Squid Roe

We only went in this disco for about ten minutes. The whole interior was from iron (like a Meccano) and the staff was not so nice. The music is way too loud and for a beer and a bottle flat water it was US$ 12. This place is for sure not our style...

Comments