Marina Fiesta Resort and Spa

Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• Location, Location, Location

I was a little anxious about staying here, after reading all the reviews. We enjoyed our stay and met some very nice people. The resort is located very near town and close to all the action. The beach is within walking distance. They have a very nice pool when the filter is working properly. The place is 17 years old and they don't sell anymore timeshares. The biggest complaint I have is the constant attack by everyone who works at the hotel to go on the timeshare presentation on their new property. It took a lot of fun out of the vacation. The airport was the worst, because the Hotel was suppose to provide transportation and I had to wade thru all the vultures trying to get me to go on a timeshare presentation.

Unique Quality: Restaurants are close by and the prices reasonable. They did have towel service poolside. "Happy Hour" was from 4 to 5 pm was nice. You could get breakfast, lunch and dinner poolside. They have a major shopping center right next door to the hotel.

Directions: Located right on the marina about 25 miles from San Lucas Airport

• Most Horrifying Experience of my Life

When we first walked into the Marina Fiesta "resort" it looked inviting. The staff could have been more attentive, but they did help us with our luggage. After we check in, the harassment began. Every time we stepped into the lobby we were asked to see one of their timeshare properties. It was extremely annoying.

The pool area was nice and the staff there were good at what they do. I would avoid the buffet as they leave the serving spoons for each dish out and I saw birds standing on them and picking at them and then reused by patrons.

Then the nightmare began. We went out for dinner one night and while we were gone, a hotel employee entered our room and stole a blackberry and went through our belongings, leaving them all over the floor. We asked security to come up (we found out later there is no real security, all the young employees just switch jobs as needed) and then came up and told us we probably lost it and started to go through our things. They dug through our drawers and purses and then accused us of trashing the room. We had them run off the entry log to our room and found sometime entered using a keycard while we are at dinner. At that point the "security" guy told us he was going to call the police on us because the room was trashed. This went on and on until we finally kicked him out of our room.

The next day we decided to leave as they wouldn't help us, wouldn't change the keycards to others didn't have access to our rooms and continued to turn off our room phones so we couldn't call out. We ended up feeling violated and unsafe in this place. STEER CLEAR!!

• ojuice's Profile Photo

Best Condo Location in Cabo San Lucas

We went to Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa during Christmas 2008. It was not crowded there or in town due to the recession. The resort was great, as it has been for years, and is still the best location close to town. We discovered the Puerto Paraiso Mall had added some high end shops (Gucci, Rolex, etc) called Luxury Avenue which is located right next to Marina Fiesta. You can walk to everything in town and go to the beach, shopping, fishing, bars, restaurants, etc. You can take a water taxi right in front of the condo to go to Land's End and Lover's Beach. It only cost $10US for a round trip (they pick you up at a time you pick).

We like to stock up on supplies at the start of our vacation and now there are several choices. They now have a Wal-Mart/Sam's Club in addition to Costco and Mexico's version of Costco called City Club. You can walk to City Club, but would need a taxi to get to Wal-Mart or Costco. We didn't need a rental car, but if you do, I recommend reserving one in town before you leave home. We found that rental cars are hard to find during Christmas.

Unique Quality: The location of Marina Fiesta is it's greatest feature. But the resort itself is still nicely maintained and very attractive. The staff is very helpful and don't hassle you to take a timeshare tour if you tell them you are not interested. The ownership company is building a new condo called Hacienda Encantada but it is located many miles away so I don't recommend buying there. And most of the other new condos are also located many miles away. I don't recommend buying in Mexico because you will only get a right to use and won't own it like in the States. But if you want to own, consider buying from a current owner at Marina Fiesta as they are really cheap compared to a new condo.

I definitely recommend Marina Fiesta if you are going to Cabo.

Directions: On the marina and right next door to Puerto Paraiso Mall.

• kimberlyfisher1's Profile Photo

Cabo's Best Kept Secret!

I've been staying at this hotel off and on for 10 years and has to be one of the most convenient locations and decently priced! Not extravagant, but clean, comfy, and cozy!

Services include: ~ full service spa
    ~choice of 6 different suites
    ~pool/jacuzzi w/ swim up bar
    ~friendly service
    ~car rental desk
    ~concierge
    ~child care
    ~faxing/copying services

Recommended for convience, price, and consistency!

Unique Quality: ~full service spa
    ~great location on the harbor and walking distance to downtown
    ~large pool with swim up bar
    ~jacuzzi
    ~poolside bar
    ~lovely view of the marina and yatchs

• kbaum's Profile Photo

Get to the pool with no problems

You will find yourself being asked to buy a timeshare every time you walk through the lobby to the pool; so we found a way around. Walk down the stairs into the lobby and take a quick left turn and walk AROUND the lobby. Save yourself the time and energy.
    It helps to walk with your head down or talking to someone when in the lobby as well. Avoid eye contact at all costs!!

More about Marina Fiesta Resort and Spa

Great once they honored our reservation

We had made reservations in early October for December 30 - January 4th. We called to reconfirm reservations twice after reading on this website that folks have had problems with this hotel overbooking. Well, sure enough ... we arrived just to be told that they were overbooked and they had to send us to Costa Real (the old Plaza Las Glorias) for our first night (no apology). They promised paid cabs both ways and offered us a $100 voucher off of food/beverages at the hotel. We were not pleased but ended up negotiating $100 USD off of our room bill at checkout (we did not want to be limited to their restaurant/bar) and agreed to be moved for the night over to what they called the same class of hotel. Costa Real's rooms are very similar in size and amenities but the resort is run-down and has a tiny pool. We roughed it and promptly returned the next morning to Marina Fiesta where Javier Flores, the manager, gave us a room upgrade for no additional cost to a Luxury Suite with marina view. It was a VERY nice room with wonderful view. The resort is beautiful! The pool is great as is the swim-up bar. The beauty, comfort and amenities of the Marina Fiesta almost made up for the problem with our first night. Beware though. We expected "fully equipped kitchen" meant coffee filters, dishsoap/dishrag (they will charge you $10 if you don't do your dishes but they don't have anything to do the dishes with - we were able to fanagle housekeeping into bringing some supplies) and we had one spoon. Interestingly Marina Fiesta owns their own store that sells coffee filters for $4 and dishsoap for about $3 and Housekeeping first told us to buy supplies from the store. They have the supplies -- you just have to insist on getting them. Housekeeping is slow and may not clean your room until very late in the afternoon. The restaurant food is good but the service is lousy, particularly in the mornings. All in all, if you can live with the expectation that you may not have a room when you get there this was a wonderful resort in a great location - walking distance to everything.

Good Location, MANAGEMENT SUCKS!

I just got back from Cabo after staying at the Marina Fiesta (07/25/04). The location of the hotel is great because it's within walking distance to all the nightlife and activities you can enjoy at the beach. However, I would NOT recommend this place to anyone due to it's POOR MANAGEMENT. When it came time to check-out, not only did they over charge us on everything (including the mini bar we NEVER touched), they down right REFUSED to discuss the bill with us and demanded that we just pay for it. We were pushed back and forth between the concierge and receptionist and NO ONE seemed to want to help us. Not only that, they were RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL, and tried to scare us by calling security when we wanted them to print out an exact balance on what we paid and what we owed. They refused our request and just had a DISGUSTING ATTITUDE about the whole situation. Even when I went to pay for the taxi at the concierge with US dollars, Roberto at the concierge almost refused to give me change back in US dollars. He had to scurry up change from his staff's wallet for the change of $16! PATHETIC. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE DUE TO POOR MANAGEMENT! Stay at your OWN RISK!

Just got back (aug 9-16)

Just got back from a 7 night stay at the Marina Fiesta. Overall ok. However, we had a room by the pool so it was a bit on the noisy side from the music and the pool bar. The bellman did not deliver our bags to our room as asked even after a tip was given. Our ceiling in the bathroom was leaking from what I think was from the guest room directly above us. Water was dripping out of the light fixture and shorted out the light. Maid service was good some days and did not exist other days. Food service was very slow. Check out process could use improvement. Had to check out by 10am, Our bus did not arrive till 1:30 so I asked for a late check out, however, because they were at "capacity" they could not allow it however they assured us they had what they called "hospitality rooms" that we could use to shower and so forth. So, we decided to check out as scheduled at 10:00am and keep a couple towls and lounge by the pool. Of course they would not allow us to use the towls because this was neccessary to have the pool towl claim tag at check out. So, we had to make special arrangments so that we were sure not to take those beach towls with us. Lastly, going to take them up on the hospitality room was a joke. There was a waiting list!!! My husband and I had accidently left the slider from our room open so we went back in and used the shower. Good thing!
Location was good, although no beach access. If you stay here, prepare to take you patience. I would not stay here again.

Great for kids

We stayed at the Marina Fiesta Aug 3rd-10th.Had 2 rooms right off the pool on the first floor.The rooms where clean,and the hotel fairly quiet.We have also stayed at the Finnestera,Melia,and the Rose.We prefer the Finnestera .But the location of the Marina is great. Especially if you have kids. Its 2 blocks to the beach,2 blocks to town. The pool was busy and fun,and they have a activities director that is real nice and will help with anything. Expecting to get ripped off for the mini bar,and charges at the pool,.we only charged 1 drink at the pool and dindnt use anything from the bar. They do charge a $7 a day service charge which is supposed to be instaed of tipping. So my bill at checkout was $60 or so which was a relief. I was thinking I would have to argue my way out of Mexico. We didnt eat at the Marina, but had lunch at Mango deck,Billigans. The kids loved swimming in the morning, heading to the beach about noon. Then back for a quick swim,rest up and go to town for dinner.Our best meal was at the stoplight.The blackened Mahi Mahi was great.And the peach melba we had for dessert was the best dessert ive ever had. I also thought the lasanga at Romeo and Julietas was the best ive ever had.The ceaser salad was good here.We also had dinner at The love shack, crazy lobster, and the giggling marlin.They where all good fairly inexpensive meals. The restaraunt people along the marina are almost worst then the time share people. They stand outside trying to talk you in to eating there.We found a route later in the week to avoid them. But if you dont like being bugged constantly Cabo is definetly not for you. From the time share salesman, at the aiport, downtown, and even the waiters at the restaraunts. To the beach vendors, and the restaraunt people.But we have been to Cabo so we no what to expect. We went on the Atv tour which was well worth it, and a snorkling tour which was also great. All in all it was a great vacation and the Marina is a great spot if you have kids or dont like to much walking.

Good location bad attitude!

by TripAdvisor Member LIjoe

The hotel is in a great location near everything and even has a great concierge staff but if you want service and hospitality from the front desk staff forget it. I have now found on more than one occasion that the front desk staff couldn't care less what happens and would advise being careful with the excess incorrect charges. I have also found that while the reservations have been correct that small things like asking for a room with a working safe or a king size bed in advance proved to be problematic. I even had a friend who was fluent in Spanish call and confirm my requests only to get there and have them have no record or desire for assistance from the staff. Additionally, I had money stolen from me while I was using the Internet and getting something printed in another room for literally 1 minute and again received a careless and indifferent attitude from the staff. Again, great location with nice rooms and a very good and polite concierge staff and nice wait staff but the front desk reservations and billing people aren't as nice, friendly or competent.

The Marina Fiesta ResortThe Marina Fiesta Resort

Cabo San Lucas marinaCabo San Lucas marina

MY BROTHER AND I IN CABO 11/12TO11/21/03

by JONBO99

Hello got any good ideas for places to eat and fun thing's to do in Cabo Wabo ? Places to see and other kul things to do, will be staying at the Marina Fiesta Resort any one been there? Thanx for any info John

Comments