Playa Grande Resort

See Amenities

Beautiful and Fun

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 2, 2014

I have stayed at three different Cabo resorts and I have to say this one was my favorite. It is a huge resort and is beautifully designed. It has all the resort essentials - pools, spa, gym, bars indoor and outdoor, a small convenience store, and a restaurant (best fish tacos I have ever had in Cabo I kid you not). They also put together fun events such as a fiesta night. You pay a certain amount ($30-$60 per person it varies for different events), and you get dinner, unlimited drinks, and enjoy the activities they put on.
The only inconvenience about this resort is the location. If you are planning to leave the resort often to go to the beach or be in town, you will need to take a taxi which will cost you $10 every time. We walked to town once and were exhausted and extremely hot. It is also located right on the beach which is beautiful; however, you cannot swim in the water. The waves are massive and are absolutely not okay for swimming.
If you're planning to go out a lot, I recommend staying in a resort near the main strip of Cabo or near the main beach, Medano.

Playa Grande Resort -Timeshare presentation

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 24, 2008

We met Jose @ the airport and he invite us to a timeshare presentation at this place, this day we got a YUKON XL that someone got for us for free to attend another timeshare presentation. I follow a taxi from our hotel to this place that was far from our hotel, they paid for breakfast for the 6 of us, at the end they gave us $500.00, 6 glass botton boat trips to la Playa del amor & Los Arcos, 6 one hour horse riding @ Motosol, We left our car in their parking garage since it was valet parking, We had reservation for 1:00 pm @ swimming with the dolphins, these tickets we got them to go to a 90 minutes timeshare presentation after that we walked to los medanos beach, we went to La Oficina, we spent the whole afternoon in there, drinking and having fun. When we got out this presentation we met this lady (Diana Gomez) if you go to cabo and you want to save money like us, give her a call @ 6241210816.

Unique Quality: If u want to buy at this place, ask for Norma, she works there and she will give you this discount. $13,500.00 for one bedroom for two weeks for 52 weeks in the Ridge Level plus 2 weeks with RCI. Great place to own next to El Pedregal.
Do not let them sell you Solmar, that is the old property.

josephljtwrk's Profile Photo

The stucco and the Beach at the Grand Playa Hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 21, 2005

We realized during our stay that this Hotel called the Grand Playa was somewhat under construction and a work in progress to make and finish temporary projects with no more fine capital. It was projected by the Hotels staff salespeople as they tried to convince anyone and everyone to purchase a time share here. I am now part owner of a share of space at this Vogue and Esquire establishment in San Juan of California Baja Sur. My stay included everything impaling and some things imaginable. Unfortunately they tried to have my accumin tested and account addressed because I let an native place an temporary ink tatoo on my left shoulder that would inevitable and eventually rub off on the sheets and bedspread of the Hotel Grand Playa. And when I was really trying to please the travelers I showed with they, The Playa Grande, dissed me and disregarded everything we trusted in confidence such as the courtesy that was do after making a large purchase for simply one week a year in a suite for timesharing.

Unique Quality: It was totally awesome cause it was unfettered and novel. I appreciated all of the new stucco, grass, palm trees, and ceramics. It had a wonderful pool, bar, and guest services.

Directions: South from the downtown mall and vendorized shopping.

Nearby Playa Grande Resort

• Suites
  • Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge

Cabo San Lucas Travel Forum

Need advice about Cabo San Lucas, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Cabo San Lucas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Cabo San Lucas hotel reviews

Adventure Sports
Driving
Tourist Spots
Favorites
Good, not great, place for dinner.
Hertz Car Rental Cabo San Lucas
Avoid Jungle Cruise at all Costs
Things to Do
Cabo Valet Travel & East Cape Wings is a Rip Off!
DO NOT BUY A TIMESHARE IN MEXICO
Nice beach restaurant/bar
Great Service
The After Hours Tour
The Arch
NEW CABO TERMINAL #2
Transportation
Don't be mislead-do this instead
Tacos Tacos Tacos
Restaurants
Casa Maria & Zen-Mar a magical experience!
Shopping
Lover's Beach is a Must-See!