4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 39% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• JudyNima's Profile Photo

Beautiful Cabo Hotel

Pueblo Bonito Rose was an incredible hotel! Very nice accommodations at a reasonable price. It is at the end of Medano Beach (the best beach). The staff were very friendly. However, one important thing to note is you cannot bring guests in after midnight. If they are not a registered guest they will not be allowed in.

Unique Quality: Nice private beach chair area with very nice views. The pool is gorgeous!

• kcochran111's Profile Photo

Hot Spot

The Rose' is the most happening of the Pueblo Bonito chain. Right on the beach and just a few short blocks from downtown, this is the place to stay if you're looking to party.

Unique Quality: Head out to the beach to find deals on sarongs and water sports.

• Beautiful Resort

This is an amazing hotel. It is beautiful everywhere. It is spotless - the workers do an excellent job keeping everything in shape. The rooms and bathrooms are a good size. The pool is great, and the beach is very relaxing. The waiters at the beach and pool spoil you by bringing you drinks all day. The restaurant has a huge breakfast buffet and good lunches.

If you want a good deal at a local restaurant, talk to Martha (pronounced Marta). She is usually found at the hotel restaurant.

Unique Quality: The exercise room and spa will make your stay even more relaxing. There is internet/fax service, and a deli also. The view from each room is spectacular.

The antique statues and tapestries in the lobby are something to look at, along with the statue of Poseidon in the reflecting pool. Exotic birds and gardens are also on the property.

The hotel has its own water filtration system, so it is safe to drink. The water pressure from the shower is incredible.

All rooms are suites. Each room has a kitchen with a refrigerator, stove, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker. There are also balconies with furniture. Prices range from $200 to $1600 per night, depending on room size and season.

• dlparker's Profile Photo

Nice place to stay in Cabo

This resort is top notch.
    The pool was one of the largest I have ever seen at a resort, and the perfect place to hang in all day long.
    The rooms are large and clean.
    The restaurants here were good (but a little expensive).
    The spa is excellent here if you want a massage (we got a free 30 min massage upon checkin)
    The health club/gym is incredible, nicer than any gym that you would pay to be a member at.
    All in all , this is a great place to stay for a week or two and just relax.

Unique Quality: Great pool

• I have family and friends in...

I have family and friends in Cabo so I have never stayed in any of the hotels. I can only speak of what I have heard from other people.

If you want a bed and breakfast the Bungulos is a great place. It is quiet and quaint.

There are also the resorts that line Playa Medano. My favorite is Pueblo Bonito Rose. It is the prettiest in my opinion.

Despite what many people might say the cheaper hotels are not that bad in Cabo. Actually if you want to save major money on you accomadations you could stay in Mar de Cortez. The rooms are simple but liveable!

There are so many places to stay in Cabo from fancy resorts to private condos. Your best bet is to surf the web and check around. Sometimes you can find a great deal if someone needs to rent out a condo or house!!!

More about Pueblo Bonito Rose

Super Service at Pueblo Bonito Rose

Stayed one week at the Pueblo Bonito Rose, and the service was excellent, from the pool and restaurants to housekeeping, consierge and belldudes. Everything was spotless, inside and out. Taxis and shuttles were waiting, and we felt very secure. Only hitch, the restaurants and spa were a bit pricey, but they were handy. And there are several less expensive restaurants within walking distance or a short taxi ride. I would definitely stay here again!

Beautiful grounds at Pueblo Bonito Rose!

by TripAdvisor Member pjmcjm

My husband and I stayed at PBR as an exchange thru RCI September 1st-6th. It was our first time in Cabo, and yes, it can be timeshare hell! We weren't even going to listen...then decided to go visit Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach and bought a two-bedroom timeshare there!! We happen to love Mexico and have gone to Puerto Vallarta numerous times.
But we really enjoyed our first visit to Cabo. PBR has a beautiful pool and grounds. Our room was nice, small kitchenette, balcony overlooking the pool. September is NOT the best time to go however. They were between hurricanes, and we did get rained out one day completely. Also, some of the better restaurants are closed in September, so we missed out on several places we were looking forward to trying. Breakfast at PBR was always good, but there were an awful lot of flies around! The help at the hotel was pleasant. I had a one of the best massages I have EVER had at the spa. We walked into town several times (even at night) and never felt threatened. Taxis are expensive, but there are times when you absolutely have to have one. We would definitely recommend this lovely hotel to anyone visiting Cabo!

Fabulous time, but bring plenty of cash!

We stayed at the Pueblo Bonito Rose for 5 nights last July, paid $800 per room total, and had a wonderful time. We were not hassled to take a time share tour (because we are young and do not look like we have money to spend), the rooms were clean and the location was great.
Service was a bit slow, especially in the pool area during lunchtime.

We had some excellent Mexican food at Mi Casa, just down the road and had a great time at The Office, Squid Roe, Cabo Wabo and some smaller, local seafood restaurants, all of which are walking distance from the hotel.

One word of advice - DO NOT USE YOUR CREDIT CARD. I used my visa card at one establishment and have since been battling with a $2600 fraud claim. I later learned that, some Mexican tourist establishment take your credit card number, signature and actually replicate your card.

Other than that, my stay at the Pueblo Bonito was relaxing, comfortable and a great time overall. I would recommend staying there.

Great Location!

by TripAdvisor Member porkhustler

I stayed at Pueblo Bonito Rose a few weeks ago (January, 2004). The food was very good, the service was great. We called for room service a few times (ice, toilet paper) and someone was there within minutes.
Everything was very clean. The best feature of the hotel is the location. You are only a 10 minute walk from downtown but still far enough away to have peace & quiet. It's also one of the few places with a swimable beach. There were minor drawbacks: While choosing a resort to stay at, I called the (800) number for PB to ask about internet connectivity for my laptop. I was assured that every room had internet available for free. When I arrived, I found that NONE of the rooms are set up for internet and the "internet cafe" outside of the lobby charges by the minute. It's not expensive but it's aggrevating that they will tell you what you want to hear to get you in the resort then charge you when you arrive. As for the timeshare tour.... take the tour. It lasts about 3 hours (regardless of what they tell you). If you gon on your first day, it's nice because you get a ride through the town and get to orient yourself. The resort you tour is beautiful. Tell the timeshare salespeople that you are 1) unmarried 2) have no children. They are lookng for married people with kids over the age of 30. We went on the tour and got a gift certificate for $150 to be used at our resort's restaurants.. well worth the 3 hour tour which included breakfast and cocktails! Please email me with any questions about the hotel or the area.

The Pubelo is nice, but not going to Cabo twice

I just came back from a week at the PBR with my sister and 2 of our friends. I'll start with the hotel. Overall its a very nice, clean hotel (not luxury) with a great pool and good pooliside service. All the rooms connect, have balconies, and kitchenettes that are great to make coffee, chill water and reheat leftovers. The mountains are a beautiful natural backdrop. Its probably the best hotel on Medano Beach. The Mare Nostrum serves decent food, but the service is incosistent. The onsite deli is convenient but waaay overpriced, go into town and stock up. We were considering pedicures at massages at the SPA, but after seeing the prices we though going to Bliss or Red Door in NYC would be a better deal. That's where the good part ends.
The countless timeshare sales pitches were AWFUL and UNRELENTING!!! My group got literally attacked at the airport and it made it extremely difficult to get a private van to the hotel. Once at the hotel we were offered "welcome packages" during check in, during mealtimes(!!), and we were even called in our rooms (!!!) for a complimentary cocktail hour. We were afraid to approach the concierge or ask about activities because we were afraid of a pitch. The beach is terrible. Although the water was warm, it was murky and the sand was very mushy and pebbly, which made it very hard to run away from the vendors. There are scores of them running up to you to sell their items. If you are interested, haggle hard, there are better deals in town. Town was pretty cool, cab fare was a standard $6. Although walking is easy, half of the road into town is unpaved and actually has nicer sand on it than the beach. Good seafood can be found just anywhere, but watch out if you are walking along the marina, the "hostesses" will try to bully you into their restaurants. There are ample flea markets and shops are for silver, pottery, pewter dishes and the like. Check out the shop next to Squid Roe, everything is priced and the jewelry nicely arranged and unique to the store. Cabo Wabo had a great cover band but we didn't make it to squid roe or gigglin marlin. The town seemed to shut down by 11pm - I guess it was due to the off season. Huge downside to going into town were the 3 year olds selling gum at 11pm, they should be in bed.
They'll chase you and beg and plead. And don't forget the timeshare people! They are even more agressive in town we often walked on the opposite side of the stree to avoid them. Even telling them you are under 30 won't help.If you are adventeurous and somewhat athletic, you may want to take a water taxi out to lover's beach for site seeing and snorkeling. For $10 (remember to haggle!) you should be able to get snorkel equipment too. Ask to be taken to see El Arco. Its a beautiful spot and you may be able to see some seals. Once at lover's beach, there will probably be some locals there willing to help you out of the taxi for some tip money. And be prepared to be spit out on the beach like a rag doll - that surf is rough!!Also - DO NOT go to Cabo during Halloween - helloween is more like it! The kids run up to you shouting Hall-O-Ween and if you don't have candy they are prepared to ask for money. Then all the teens congregated in the downtown area and had an egg fight. As the cops would chase them around they would run into traffic. We had a great view of the chaos from Lorenzillos - at least my surf and turf was great!

View from my room @ Pueblo Bonito RoseView from my room @ Pueblo Bonito Rose

Food and Drink Costs in Town and at Resorts

by red2267

My family has just booked a trip to Cabo for July. We are staying at the Pueblo Bonito Rose Resort but not all-inclusive. I wanted to know what kind of costs I can expect for good drinks and good food within this resort as well as in town. We felt like we could get a better deal and selection on food and drinks this way. I hope we are right!

Also, if anyone has some suggestions for resturants that we just have to go to, that would be great!

Last thing, is there any excursion that you would suggest? We love to snorkel, observing seals, whales, etc.
thanks!

Re: Food and Drink Costs in Town and at Resorts

by YVRDave

Same or higher than at home

Re: Food and Drink Costs in Town and at Resorts

by Pujee

You're definitely better off without the all inclusive. I loved Peacock restaurant which is outside of the downtown area. This is a little more expensive than the average restaurant but nothing too crazy. Resort food was often more expensive then restaurant food so we limited eating at the hotel for lazy nights in. I don't recall spending more than $150-200 pesos per person for most meals. (15-20 US dollars about) And remember to always exchange for Pesos because its cheaper that way.

RE: Food and Drink Costs in Town and at Resorts

by ubus310

How u Doin!? lol Go in June! I'll let u know the details when i come back...

Comments