4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Km 0.5 Camino Viejo a San Jose, Col. El Medano, Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, 23410, Mexico

Hotels.com Booking.com BookIt.com

Costs 34% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• ....to confirm why you should take online reviews.

...., with a grain of salt. I am currently sitting on the patio of my villa at La Estancia watching the sunrise over Medano beach and El Arco. This is my first trip to Cabo but Ive been all over the world in varying accomodations. I did my research before booking this hotel and had "concerns" lightly over some posts critical of this property. Once again, I am blown away by the hypercritical nature of so many of my fellow travellers. We arrived early at 11:00 am for a 4:00 checkin, thinking we would just use the day room and head down to beach/drink. Upon greeting, "Ernesto" (I think) of the front desk staff seated us and I asked if any rooms were ready yet andhanded him my CC for incidentals and a 20 dollar bill. He returned after about ten minutes asking us to follow him to the porter saying our room was ready! We were led to instaed of a standard room, one of the hotels deluxe view suites (large). The room is perfect in every way; including cleanliness. The property is nothing other than first class and I am left thinking that I have stmbled upon one of those "fantastic buys" one comes across every now and then as the rates here are quite nominal in comprison with other resorts during high season. The beach is perfect, pool is awesome service is perfect AND FRIENDLY. In summary I cant say anything less than 100% for this property. I am agian left to wonder what in the world all the negativity is doing in this world regarding postings by other travellers. I completely understand legitimate concerns and complaints, but get real folks.
    I would add a mild caution however for those on a budget. As this is a timeshare type property, the cost for items purchased onsite is very high. The cost for convenience is steep!
    I'd come here again in a "New York minute".........

• TOP NOTCH CONDOS

We just returned from Cabo and spent our 2 weeks at Villa La Estancia, unit #2503. I made all the arrangements privately using VRBO. There is however a management service that you can rent the suites through as well. Villa La Estancia has all privately owned suites so you do not get all the time share people bugging you.

There were 4 of us and we had a 2 bedroom on the 5th floor, second building, so looked out directly onto El Arco. The advantage of being in the second building is that you get a direct view onto El Arco AND you get sun all day long, east, south, west, so the balcony is always sunny and warm to sit out on. If you are in building one, you won't get east sun and if you are in building three, you won't get west sun. We had sliding doors to the long balcony through the master bedroom, the main living area and the second bedroom. The main entrance is common but there was a separate entrance to the second bedroom off that foyer so both sets of people in each bedroom could come and go and not disturb the others. The suite was premium in amenites and in the furnishings. The concierge gives top notch service as do the doorman arranging taxis and whatnot. It is fully gated and safe.

The facility is spotless, the maids took over an hour to clean our suite everyday and the suite was pretty well clean before they came.

There are two restaurants on site and you have full use of the hotels and their amenities on both sides of the complex. There is the usual pool, hot tubs, the grounds are immaculate. It is a short drive to town, taxi fare to central Cabo is $70 pesos, we gave them $100 pesos each time.

Unique Quality: We were more than satisfied with every aspect of staying at Villa La Estancia.

Directions: Around 15 minute walk to the Marina along the beach, right on the beach.

• Luxury accomodations

la Estancia offers 2 -3 bedroom villas that are really luxury condos.
    These are well decorated with modern furnishings.
    All villas have balconies - so you get a view of the ocean as you eat your breakfast in the morning.

More about Villa La Estancia

Royal Solaris

by opportunistinmexico about Great deal-Timeshare All Inclusive

We met Rene at Grupo Mayan that invite us to this presentation, Royal Solaris (All inclusive),
He paid for our taxi to El pescador Restaurant where we had seafood lunch 2 days before, They got us from our hotel @ 8 am, we had a good breakfast, we went upstairs to the presentation and we had a hang over that we still feel drunk, we started having tequila shoots and margaritas. They almost get us drunk and we almost sign the contract, but we are too smart for that, as usual we ask for something that they will not be able to give us, like a vacation for all of us in cancun at their sisters properties, or the price that we know that they will not sell. They gave us $500.00 for attending the presentation, we were out by 11:30 am, we had reservation for Parasailing @ 1:00 pm at Villa la Estancia. We paid with that money and we had dinner that night at Squid Roe If you want to buy at this property, offer them $18,500.00 for one bedroom for two weeks anytime of the year for 6 pp, the food and drinks are included and this deal is only or 25 years.
That is only $740.00 x year for two weeks (52.85 x day) and that is only for one person. the other 5 will eat for free.
Kids 12 and under are free.
If they want to sell that day, they will sell it to u.

Loved it!

We just got back from a week in Cabo and stayed at the Villa La Estancia. We could not have had a better vacation. We found the people, the place, the food, the weather and the location of the resort to be fantastic. We have a 18 month old and he had such a great time in the pool. It is only a $7.00 taxi ride in town and if you were up for a little walk, you could. It is the perfect place for both adults and children. We could not have had better service. Every one was friendly and willing to help us with all our needs. We had such a great time and would recommend Villa La Estancia to anyone who goes to Cabo.

Beware!

We booked a week stay at Villa La Estancia between Christmas and New Years through Expedia. When we arrived, Villa La Estancia refused to honor our reservation, even though we had a paid in full receipt from Expedia and a hotel confirmation code. Villa La Estancia tried to move us to their sister property which was clearly the lesser of the two properties. While trying to work something out with the reception staff, it became apparent from talking with others in the hotel lobby that at least 20 parties with reservations booked through multiple travel agencies had been bumped to the other property over the last couple of days. Hotel guests who had managed to get a room at the Villa La Estancia were complaining to the staff about the rooms having not been cleaned or the beds changed prior to their arrival.
To make a long story short, we spent half of our first day at Cabo arguing with the Villa La Estancia staff insisting that we would not settle for going to their sister property and that they had to take better care of us. Finally, they relented and sent us to the Hotel Riu, which is a new 5 star resort just a short walk up the beach. The Hotel Riu was fabulous and we enjoyed our stay there.
Beware of booking a stay at the Villa La Estancia through a travel agency. The hotel management overbooks their rooms and will not honor your reservation.

Very Nice

Just returned last week from Villa La Estancia. I really can't figure out why anyone would give this place a negative review. We had a king suite and lived like rock stars. The room had a really nice kitchen with every thing you need including a blender, storage items, etc, washer and dryer, a dining room, a living room, 2 TVs, 2 really nice marble showers, huge closets and a Jacuzzi tub. The place was spotlessly clean and I sort of laugh at the other reviews that mention problems in this area. I have been fortunate to stay at a lot of really nice places and this room was as nice or nicer than any of them. There is an optional double bedroom that adjoins the suite but we did not need the additional space. The balcony was insane. It had to be 30 feet long and 10 feet wide with a wet sink and a refrigerator. Because of the way the development is laid out, all of the rooms have an ocean view so don't even worry about that. The housekeeping was really good. They completely cleaned everything each day and changed the sheets. They also came by at night and turned the beds down. I will concede that the bed was HARD. Sometimes they came by in the evening with bottled water. I found the staff to be quite friendly and had zero problems. I would not give the service a true five star rating as it really doesn't quite compare to the Four Seasons or the Ritz Carlton, but it was very adequate. The place has a really nice pool with a swim up bar and all of that. It has too many hot tubs to count but one of them is right by the beach and at night has a fire ring lit right by it at night. As most really nice places, the restaurant is very expensive and the food not that great in my opinion. I would pass on eating there again. The poolside drinks are also expensive but just ask for an ice bucket and bring your own drinks down. They don’t care. Better eating is within walking distance and you can also take a water taxi to the harbor for about $8US. The spa that they have is great. It is really really nice, it is free with the room, no one uses it and the people are very friendly and proud of it. Also confused about the negative feedback about the beach. I went swimming several times and it wasn't even close to dangerous. I saw many young children playing in it including my own 2-year-old son. Like most ocean swim beaches, it probably can get dangerous depending on the season, but the hotel has a warning flag to let you know the conditions. The beach was really nice. Be aware that there are vendors that want to sell trinkets and stuff but they are not pushy and if you just politely tell them no thanks they will leave you alone. If you don’t speak Spanish don’t sweat it as everyone in the lobby as well as the wait staff speaks perfect English. I hope you have a great vacation. E-mail me if you have any specific questions and I will try to answer them.

Love It!

My next trip to Cabo will include La Estancia. Check-in was speedy and staff very helpful and friendly. Any accomedation that you may need will be met. Friends and I booked the two bedroom villa for a weekend. The view of the Baja Rocks was awesome. Rooms are very clean, up to date and spacious. Beds are very comfortable and the air conditioning works very well. The pool area is gorgeous with two pools and hot tubs. After a night of drinking and dancing at El Squid Roe you will be escorted to your room by security and room service will prepare breakfast for you. I will recommend La Estancia to any and everyone. Their website is not misleading, it's on the money. The money spent to stay here is well worth it.

The worse experience I have ever had

First off, we scheduled a car to pick us up at the airport, we waited for 1 hour and no car came. We were also treated horribly because we were not planning on buying a timeshare. The food was terrible, the staff was rude and disorganized. We would order room service and twice it never came and twice our order was wrong. I have never seen this type of service for this kind of money. Go elsewhere, there are plenty of great places in Cabo, just not this place.

Extermely nice

by TripAdvisor Member TucsonTim

Surprised to find the rooms as large and nice as the internet pictures. Very comfortable and clean. A little short staffed for this visit Feb 24 - Feb 27 2005. Waited 1 hour for a cheese burger Saturday and the maid didn't come until 5:15 PM. Small complaints. Definitely would go back.

villa la estancia credit card hold

by djenah79

Hi!

My boyfriend and I plan on visiting Cabo San Lucas in April and are planning on staying at Villa La Estancia. I was wondering, for anyone who has stayed here, how much is the hold they put on your card for incidental charges when you check in. I was also wondering if this charge may be lessened if we ask that the incidental privileges (such as phone use, and pay per view, which we won't be using anyway) to be held instead.

Thanks!

Re: villa la estancia credit card hold

by yvr

Perhaps the best answer would come from the hotel directly. Properties and charges differ from place to place, why don't you pick up the phone or email them and ask them.

Re: villa la estancia credit card hold

by djenah79

I'm currently awaiting reply from the email I have sent them. But thank you for your helpful response!

Comments