Vistazul Suites & Spa Cabo San Lucas

Corredor Turistico Km 3.5, Colonia El Tezal, Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, 23410, Mexico
El Ameyal
Orbitz.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 71% less but rated 27% lower than other 4 star hotels

More about Cabo San Lucas

The sunrise on Cascadas beach, on my way home.The sunrise on Cascadas beach, on my way home.

Sailing on the Yael, Cabo San LucasSailing on the Yael, Cabo San Lucas

Our house maid having fun with me on our balcony.Our house maid having fun with me on our balcony.

Yuri & Eileen taking a jelly shot - Nate watchingYuri & Eileen taking a jelly shot - Nate watching

GPS maps

by walsh055

Has anyone purchased the Baja Navigator for Garmin from LBmaps.com? I was wondering if it was any good as an alternative to paper maps if we're going to do some driving while we're there.

Thanks!

by ViajesdelMundo

I live just north of Cabo San Lucas and can give you a better idea if you fill me in on how long you would be in the area and what you are planning to do....
there are so few roads in the area, outside of the town.

not familiar with the Baja Navigator, but there are free maps if you Google; here is one site: http://www.allaboutcabo.com/about-cabo/maps

by walsh055

We just needed to do a few things. Get from the airport to the hotel, get a few things at a grocery store, and drive to Cabo Pulmo for snorkeling. I don't think we're planning on doing any driving beyond that. Also do you know anything about the rental insurance for cars there? My credit card covers anything that happens to me or the rental car, but doesn't have liability insurance. The car rental company was charging $30/day for this. That seems high doesn't it?

by ViajesdelMundo

I looked again at the maps on the site I gave you, andI would think they would suffice, rather than paying $40 for maps you may only use once. You can see that there just aren't many paved roads; only one to Cabo Pulmo!

and you don't need a map really to go get groceries; just ask directions along with one of those other maps on that link; should be no problem.

as I live here, I have never had to rent a car; but yes, I have heard of rates being quite high. I have heard people say you can sometimes even bargain down the price; but I can't really advise you about liability--kind of a very personal thing.

and there's only one road from the airport down to San Jose' and Cabo. If you want to get groceries on the way down fr the airport, the MEGA Store would be a good place, which is just off the transpeninsular highway at Paseo de los Cabos, in San Jose'. Here's an interesting link about grocery shopping in Los Cabos: http://www.loscabosrestaurantguide.com/grocery_shopping.htm

I would zoom in on those maps and see if they print out in the bigger/readable size, and if so, they should suffice, along with some directions from your hotel.
Are you staying in San Jose' or Cabo San Lucas?

by walsh055

Yeah, I didn't think it would be too much of a problem, but some of my friends were concerned about us getting lost. I've used plenty of maps in my day, so I'm not too worried about it, especially after what you've said. Thanks for the info on the Mega. That's very helpful. We'll be coming to Cabo in a few weeks. Have a fun stay in the city, and thanks again for your advice!

by ViajesdelMundo

ok, good; thanks for the feedback.

right now our weather is much nicer than I saw on TV; it's only about 80F! all this week has been lovely and cool; never experienced this at this time of year before

by walsh055

Then you should stay there and not come out here! It's been almost a hundred or 100+ every day this week!

Travel Tips for Cabo San Lucas

There are a million and...

by caboguera

There are a million and onethings to do depending on your interest. From beaches to hiking to exploring the unknown.
You must see Lovers Beach. If you are up for hike you can hike there. That is the best way to see it, but you can take a water taxi.
You must sail on the Pez Gato and find out why they call it the 'booze cruise'
You must walk on the beach at sunset and if really want to relax hit happy hour at the Office or Billigans.
Most importantly you must enjoy yourself!!! and try and relax! There is an air about Mexico. Where mornings yawn orange across deep blue skies. The arch leaves you breathless as the sun sets in the evening. Mexico is mystical and only those who have traveled there could understand. I guess in a way your spirit never leaves. You are always yearning to return.

Sandals, shorts, one or two shirts and a camera

by EL_Bobbo

It's hot, it's always hot, at night it's hot. It only rains when there is a hurricane. This is Baja...dress down. Sandals or no shoes. Please. YES! If you got it bring it. Great photo ops with the natural rocks at lands end.

Glass Factory

by abramsonthego

Apparently it's easy to get here if you are with a tour. We weren't. It took us a couple of DAYS (not all day, we tried for an hour and gave up, tried the next day) to find this factory. Finally we took a wrong turn and there it was. They have great stuff and every place you go for dinner has their glasses and plates. It isn't cheap. But for a tip, the guy will let you hold the pole with the crazy, hot glass and make you feel like an artist for a bit.

Do Visit San Jose del Cabo

by Goner

Do stop in San Jose del Cabo, you'll find a pleasant city of meandering streets and lush palm groves with a relaxing atmoshphere. The area was first visited by Cortes himself in 1535. But it was the missionaries not the conquistadors that first brought European civilization to San Jose. A Jesuit mission was built in 1730 to indoctrinate the Percu Indians of the region. In the nineteenth century San Jose slowly evolved into a modest center of commerce for passing ships. Today it is a town of 30,000 people that has a handsome Municipal Palace, charming courtyard restaurants, shops, boutiques, and a lovely tropical estuary.

Shopping there is not as frenetic as it is in Cabo San Lucas. I think the prices were better on the silver and other jewelry. I bought a Mexican Fire Opal bracelet and ring. At first I thought I was getting ripped off, not knowing that they really do have opals in Mexico. They also have amber if you like that stone (petrified sap).

San Jose del Cabo is located north up the coast and from Cabo and is on the way to the airport.

The Night is Long

by FOURPIRSQ about Bar Hopping

CaboWabo had a great band, covers. Afterward they played top 40 and houseon the sound system.
But don't stop there, there are many clubs up and down the street. No cover. Watch your change though. We used dollars, and they give back pesos. Drinks are expensive. I saw one wallet being stolen from a man's back pocket. Use caution when getting your drink on.
We went to the HardRock cafe, but I did not go in. I was keeping an eye on my aunt who was chasing down a local on the street, won't say for what(it's not legal)
There are beach clubs along the coast that are more family oriented and the drink prices are decent. Anything goes, including women's tops : )

Comments