Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Resort

Blvd. Marina Lotes 9 y 10, Col. Centro, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, 23410, Mexico

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 54% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Corrupt Tesoro Wyndham los cabos

This might be possable be the worst resort in Mexico Full of cockroaches ,Bad food,Pushy Securty Guards,Home of the Lion Tourture Booth AKA photo booth.Where druged lion cubs are used to make profits not as they say to help a Lion Peserve.Any one who stays here is supporting a company that ripping off American Investers of there life savings.Check face book Corrupt Tesoro Resorts.

Unique Quality: none

Directions: downtown

• jame1030's Profile Photo

Sweet Deal - Awesome Location!

I got a great deal over Christmas week ($95 usd / night for a Jr. King Suite.) While not the most luxurious hotel, it has all the typical amenities and is located right on the marina. If you are looking to be right in the middle of everything - then this is the perfect location. You are within a 5-10 minute walk from dozens of restaurants, bars, clubs, and shops. If you are looking to stay on the beach and be within footsteps of the beach's sand, then this is not the place for you. The hotel has a free shuttle that does take you over to the swimmable beach (Medano Beach), but I didn't find it to be convenient. You can walk it in 20 minute walk.

I think I've seen this mentioned before, but the hotel has only one main entrance/exit. This hotel is very long, so if you stay at one end like I did (Room #255) then you have a decent walk every time you leave your room. (sometimes the emergency exit stairwells were unlocked.)

I got the all-inclusive option. It includes all the buffet meals, room service (once per day), the 24/7 snack "room", and all your alcohol (including minibar and several other bars in the hotel). It was cheap (less than $30 per day). With so many places near, you don't have to go far to find food and drinks. I did breakfast and 4-5 bloody maries in the morning and then hit up my minibar everyday. I don't know if I really got my money's worth, but it was still nice having the option for a "free" drink whenever the bar was open.

This hotel doesn't have wireless internet - matter a fact, the only internet they have is a small, ancient computer in a tiny room off the lobby. It's probably better off that I didn't have wifi in the room anyway... I'm on vacation! there are several local coffee shops where you can get free/paid wifi service (I found a coffee shop with free wifi - email me if you want the coffeeshops name).

Unique Quality: While the hotel is not near the beach, it does have a pool on the second level that overlooks the marina. At least you can relax by the pool without all the marina traffic walking by.

As previously mentioned, this hotel's location is amazing! If you want to be in the middle of all the action, then this is definitely the place for you.

Directions: Directly above the Marina

• jag17's Profile Photo

Name Change To Costa Real

It appears that Plaza Las Glorias has changed ownership and is now the Costa Real. This has happened in the last year. Unless they do some major changes, this wouldn't be my first choice of places to stay. The hotel is extremely spread out and it is quite a long hike from the closest elevators. The rooms are just okay, and the pool is average. On the plus side, it is in a great location, has a friendly staff, and good poolside restaurant. If you are going budget, it's probably an okay choice.

Unique Quality: Nice view of the marina

More about Tesoro Los Cabos Hotel

Great Grilled Seafood

by Duncan95 about El Coral

The food at El Coral was fabulous - seafood grilled on an open fire- with reasonable prices and good drinks in an open-air courtyard. The restaurant is right across Marina Boulevard from the Tesoro hotel and is only made better by the friendly staff. First and foremost the grilled lobster (langosta) is fabulous served with drawn garlic butter. The crab (congreco) too is grilled giving it a great flavour. The whole red snapper was spectacular as well. The other two things I had were the scallops (callos) and fish tacos (tacos del pescado). The scallops were small sea scallops but the flavour was spectacular and they were perfectly cooked so that they were still tender. The fish tacos were grilled and served on corn tortillas (torillas de maiz). The pico de gallo was spectacular and don't skip the mashed potatos. Yes, it seems like a benign side dish but these are really good.

The Future

Hopefully now that Costa Real has taken over, this hotel will be remodeled and upgraded. We own a timeshare that consists of 2 bedrooms, a living room and a hot tub on the porch and we like it, but the rooms are in dire need of a good cleaning and upgrade. The beach is nice and is within walking distance, even for us over 60! The marina is beautiful and we love to watch the boats come in. The salsa bar needs to either close earlier or move somewhere else. PLG tried this once before and thankfully it failed. The late night noise is unbearable. This hotel has the best location, which is why we bought there, but I'm looking forward to seeing what new ownership does for it.

Overall Nice

Overall I was happy with this hotel. We did a budget trip to begin with and it was well worth it. Right now it is under going some minor construction as they completely transform into Costa Real. At times I found it to be a bit noisy. The staff treated us very well. The location was indeed great. And the food was excellent. We got the all-inclusive plan and the food alone was worth it. Don’t expect this hotel to be top of the line because it isn’t but it is definitely worth staying here if the price is right.
The marina view was very nice, however I missed not having a privet beach. Even thought the hotel provides transportation daily starting at 10 a.m. making their last pick up by 6:15 p.m. For 3 pesos using a pay phone we were able to call the hotel one day to have them pick us up later as they do ask for a pick up time. They had no problem. Having there number comes in handy you never know if you want to leave sooner or later and they will work with you. Yes the beach is overrun with vendors but just say “No Gracias” firm and they leave you alone.
It was my 1st time in Cabo, I didn’t realize how cold the ocean water is, in Cabo so the beach is only fun to hang out because swimming is out of the question. I recommend to rent a car for at lest a day. It is one of the easiest places to drive in Mexico. And for under $50 U.S. dollars you can drive all around town and more, (since San Jose del Cabo is 45 minutes away and taxi rides are very, very expensive,) it’s well worth it. Cool Tip: Take lots of small change. The hotel is really working hard to change it’s image.

Great Location

Just got back today from Cabo and stayed at the Costa Real Cabo. The location is excellent. You are right in the heart of downtown and the marina area. There is no real need for a car as everything is in walking distance. The view of the Marina was great! Will definitely stay again, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The food at both restaurants was great.

Paradise at the Land's End

Okay, I have read other reviews and I really have no idea what you people are complaining about. The location is great. We went out every night and you can be at the club at no more than 10 min. Beach was a walking distance, too and the hotel made trips to take you to the beach. If you are just nice to them they will go out of their way to help you and take you to the beach at any time of day. Food was great too we never had to go out and eat somewhere else. They have bartenders Guadalupe and Louis who are so friendly and they work right by the pool. Even at ten o'clock at night they were ready to start making us some Kamikaze shots. When you are checking in they will ask you for a credit card and you can just tell them that you do not have one so you will not be stuck with any extra charges. We went swimming at 4 o'clock in the morning and the friendly security guy never complained and never told us to leave. You can take a water taxi to the beach which is about $2.00 per person. The town itself was awesome. Good time to relax from school and life and the people are extramely nice. Be sure to stop by Cabo Wabo because it is really a nice spot to hang out with your friends. Sunset cruise was great and horse back ridding on the beach was really neat, too. I would definately go back to this hotel because they had a great price and we got really good service. The only thing that is not so great is their pool, it is pretty old and small but other than that our parting days in CABO SAN LUCAS were awesome. I MISS IT ALREADY :0)... Have Fun !!!

overall ok place

This is a nice hotel in the marina area. Not on a beach. I felt inclined to write about this hotel because the internet site and the funjet information was not accurate. There is not a shuttle boat that takes you to a private beach with towels and bar service and water sports. This is nonsense. There is a public beach that the hotel will take you to in the shuttle van. You are on your own for beach chairs and umbrellas and drinks...might I reccommend the Hacienda beach bar. If you buy drinks and food from them they will let you stay on the beach in their chairs. Otherwise lay your towel on the sand. We had a great package all inclusive deal and found the room, food and drinks at the hotel accomodating...just disappointed in the beach lie.

Loved it!

I recently returned from a trip, along with several long-time girlfriends, to Cabo San Lucas. We chose to stay at the Costa Real, based on its location, all-inclusive option, and reasonable price. After reading several reviews on this site, I left on my trip with some apprehension about our choice of resort. I felt compelled, after returning and being very pleased, to submit a review of my own with hopes of alleviating apprehension in others. We had an absolutely fabulous time and I found very few things to complain about. Our rooms were nice, with a balcony overlooking the marina. Yes, the beds were hard, but after long, fun-filled days, sleep came easily - perhaps the tequila shots helped! The food, all included, was abundant and delicious. We began our days by eating the breakfast buffet while enjoying the outdoor air and the view of the marina. We took advantage of poolside service for lunch, and savored a scruptious dinner at Maria Margaritas, also included. The service was fabulous. Francisco and Pedro treated us especially well. We chose to tip, but never felt pressured to do so. The Entertainment Coordinator, David, was amazing. In addition to being a joy to look at, he took great care of us, treating us to stories about his life and coordinating several outings for us. Speaking of that, the Baja ATV excursion is a must! We spent a couple of hours riding through the desert to the ocean and back. We all agreed that, next to the guy from Italy flashing us in his tighty whities one night as we hiked the long trek to our rooms, it was one of the most memorable events of our trip. If you're forever 39, as we all are, a night at the Cabo Wabo is a blast with the live band playing that good old music we enjoyed oh, just a few years ago. Another very fun, and delicious, place to experience dinner is The Office. Just a short taxi ride and very well worth it. If you choose to stay at the Costa Real, definitely go with the all-inclusive option. I believe we got our money's worth in bottled water alone! They even provide room service once per day with the all-inclusive option. Additionally, beer, water, and soda are stocked in the refrigerator in each room. I read complaints about access to the beach from Costa Real. Water taxis are everywhere in the marina and for $2 per person, one can easily get there. We chose, for the sake of convenience, to spend our afternoons by the pool, with the great service, food, and drink. I could go on and on, but I'm sure I've sufficiently expressed my positive experience at the Costa Real. Go and enjoy!!

Comments