Misiones De Paz

More about La Paz

HallwayHallway

Specially Made for Wedding AnniversarySpecially Made for Wedding Anniversary

Hosteria Del ConventoHosteria Del Convento

Mission La Paz as it has stood for centuries.Mission La Paz as it has stood for centuries.

Carnival Dates

by hairyegg

Hi I understand that the Carnival is held in La Paz Baja Sur , Mexico at the end of February. Can you confirm the dates and let me have some infomation as to what we will see. Our arrival is pm on 24th February, next month. Thanks for any help. Dave

Re: Carnival Dates

by marzook

we are headed there around same time. we have been told carnaval starts six days before ash wednesday and the start of lent. so this year it is February 19-2. so if you arrive on the 24th, you will only be for the grand finale. (there's a carnival at dusk...some kind of henpecked husbands event and a ball, i think.)
here is a good link:
though we would love to hear the real details from some natives or folks that have been there in other years!

Travel Tips for La Paz

You must experience the Sea of...

by diver-x

You must experience the Sea of Cortez on the eastern side of the Baja Peninsula. The water is very calm (when the wind is down) and north of La Paz, boats are very few and far between. Very seldom did we see other boats not in our party. We felt as if the Sea was ours alone! A trip to Baja is great by any kind of boat. My best memories are of seeing all the wildlife. A coyote greeted me one morning at our beach bano. During an evening swim, a sea lion poked his head up at us just a few yards away. We saw many whales and dolphins, including an encounter with a school of HUNDREDS of dolphins! We snorkeled with sea lions at Los Islotes and saw a wide variety of birds and fish across the entire trip.

La Paz - Shopping Spree

by Agraichen

La Paz is the shopping spree destination for many people living in mid to lower Baja California Sur. While it does not have a CostCo like Cabo San Luca, it does have City Club, Office Depot and Office Max as well as a number of other large department stores to choose from.

The 4+ hour drive from Loreto can make for a long day if you drive down and back, but we choose to stay over night and explore the city a little.

We didn't get to do many tourist type things but maybe next time.

La Paz on the Beautiful Sea of Cortez

by pigletsmom

"The Deep Blue Sea"

La Paz is spectaclar. The water is warm and very clear. I visited a different island every day and went snorkeling for several hours. The array of sealife far outweighed anything I saw in Hawaiil. The seafood was excellent, with shrimp cocktails, fish in a butter garlic sauce, and yummy flan for dessert.

Day 7: Riding & Paddling - Day 8: Espiritu Santo

by diver-x

"Whale Watching"

"An Amazing Sight"

We left our third camp on the Rio Rita, still trying to make up ground from our extended stay at Camp 2. Almost immediately, we spotted a school of hundreds of dolphins! We circled around and they followed us. These guys pictured here were having fun riding the pressure wave from our boat. It was truly and amazing sight!

"Paddle through a mangrove"

After our dolphin encounter, the crew dropped us off at a mangrove, which we paddled through and back out to the sea.

"Most densely populated island in the world"

Or so they claim. . .

"Day 8: Sight Seeing"

Early in th morning, our crew took us on an excursion to a small island fishing village. This little guy caught my eye.

"Snorkeling at Los Islotes"

At Los Islotes, a sea lion colony is a popular snorkeling spot. Unfortunately, I didn't get any good pics here, but trust me, the sights are incredible! We played "chicken" with the sea lions in the water. They swim straight for you then twist & spiral away from you at the last minute. They are incredibly graceful! Wish I'd taken an underwater camera!

"Paddling to Espiritu Santo"

After snorkeling with sea lions, we paddled to our last camp at the island of Espiritu Santo.

"Our Last Night"

Espiritu Santo was OK, but I'm glad we chose to kayak along the coast of the Sea of Cortez instead of spending the entire week at Espiritu Santo, which was another option that Baja Expeditions offers. I liked the other desert locations that we stayed at better. And Espiritu Santo is a little over-camped. We did see a lovely sunset there, though.

Comments