Hotel Arco Iris

Calle del Morro s/n, Col. Marinero, Box 105, Puerto Escondido, Pacific Coast, 71980, Mexico

Satisfaction Average

• Beware!

We arrived at the hotel, not having booked in advance and were told that they had rooms available for the week and that they also had Internet connection throughout the hotel. It was crucial for me to be able to connect to the Internet for work while I was there.
    They told us that we had to pay upfront for the room, for the whole week. I was very nervous about doing this, and did not think it was a good idea. But my friend assured me that it would be fine.

As soon as we checked in I checked for internet service, and there was none. So I went down to the front desk guy again and told him that the Internet was not working. He said that he would call a guy about it, and that it should be working by that evening. To make a long story short, by the next afternoon there was still, and had not been Internet service at the hotel. And I was already a day and a half behind in my work.

We found another hotel down the street that did in fact have internet connection and decided to move down there. Hotel Ines, which we loved by the way!

When we checked out of Hotel Arco Iris the (same) guy who checked us in said he completely understood the circumstances and would refund us our money minus the first nights stay, plus a late fee for checking out after noon, plus a cc fee. So we said that was fine we would pay for those things and he refunded my card for the remainder.

But when we left he must have canceled the refund transaction, because still today 4 months later I do not have my money back and my credit card company is trying to get it back.
    I have emailed them several times asking for my money back, and they have ignored each one.

And to top it off my friend's bed had bed bugs, and she had bites all over her legs!

So by no means would I ever recommend such a horrible hotel, where they steal your money!!

Please stay somewhere else!

Comments