Best Western Posada Real Los Cabos

Travelocity Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• PALLINA's Profile Photo

Mexican all inclusive accomodation

Wide and long beach with great waves...Posada Real lies in a lovely piece of coast. Rooms and facilities are good but I did not like their restaurant.

More about Best Western Posada Real Los Cabos

Small, Quiet, & Charming

The Best Western Posada Real Los Cabos is small, charming, and right on the beach outside San Jose del Cabo. An easy walk into town or a short cab ride ($5, one way). The rooms are well appointed with most of them overlooking a nicely done garden area, swimming pool with swim-up lounge, and the beach. The staff is friendly and accomodating. Its restaurant and lounge serving typical Mexican fare and beverages. Overall, a very good value.

2nd Visit - Still a great little hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member wffsrf

We recently returned from a week vacation at Posada Real Los Cabos. This was our second time staying here. The hotel staff remains very, very friendly. Our son turned 6 while we were there and the waiters brought out a large slice of cake for him - with a candle on it! They even sang "Happy Birthday" to him. The grounds are great - it's amazing what they can do with crab grass these days! When the weather is warm, the pool feels great. However, if it does get a little cool, the pools don't really feel that warm. Also, the hot water in the shower is sort of a hit or miss thing. To bath our young children, I ended up heating water in the in-room coffee pot one night.
The cold water aside, it's a great little hotel that is removed from the hustle and bustle of San Lucas, and you can easily get into San Jose via a nice walk or a $5 cab ride if you feel the need to leave the beach.

Good Budget Beach Hotel

For a budget hotel, the Posada Real is a great place to stay. If you are used to traveling in Mexico on a budget the Posada will be above average. If you are used to nicer hotels in the U.S. or have not traveled much in Mexico....maybe just below average. The beds are very hard, but the rooms are clean and the staff is friendly and communication won't be a problem if you know a few words of spanish (hey, you're in another country). Beach is great (best sand that we found on trip)...not swimmable (rough waves). Pool area is very relaxing and a beautiful cactus garden. Recommend beach front rooms on the 1st floor (#154).

Great for relaxing!

by TripAdvisor Member RomanticoYcheapo

We just returned from 3 nights at the Posada Real. NOTE: This hotel is in San Jose Los Cabos, which is 25 miles up the Eastern Shore of Baja California from Cabo San Lucas. I do not recommend staying in San Jose if you want swimable beaches and nightlife. It's a $25 cab ride each way if you do.
But if you want a nice, simple place to relax, Posada Real is great! The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly, the pool large and nice, with a swim-up bar. Oh-beverages are included in your room price! Which could have attracted a heavy-drinking crowd, but not while we were there. The beach was nice (though breezy) and not swimmable.
Our room was more than decent, a good room (not 5 star - but definitely "Best Western" quality)the bed rather hard, though my wife, who likes soft squishy beds, slept well anyway. Each room angles toward the ocean and has a small lanai (porch or balcony). A/Cworked well. Clean bathroom, white tile, plenty of hot water and pressure. No washcloths, though.
The restaurant's food was good and reasonably priced, though service left a bit to be desired....but I found this to be true in all of Cabo. Remember that in Latin America you must ASK for your check. "La Cuenta, por favor" is one way to ask. But it still may take awhile! Maybe try tipping as soon as you're seated!
The concierge is very nice but does push timeshare presentations. If you ask for a snorkel trip, for example, she will tell you it's overpriced but she can get it for you for free if you'll simply attend a 90 minute presentation - oh, with free breakfast! Don't take advantage - you'll probably regret it, and good luck getting out before noon!
I'm convinced that this is a perfect place for people who just want to enjoy the sun and pool, are content with 2-3 star quality and spending time wandering the small town of San Jose, with maybe a day trip to Cabo San Lucas. But if you want to party and be on the move, then stay in Cabo San Lucas, instead - and leave this gem for us more mellow types!

Quiet Relaxation - Budget Friendly

My sister and I stayed here for 8 nights in March, and found this hotel to be exactly what we were looking for. If you are seeking hot nightlife, lots of tourist shops, and plenty of hustle and bustle...THIS IS NOT THE PLACE! However, if you want to chill out and enjoy quiet days by the pool, at a place which is relatively easy on your wallet, with friendly staff and reasonable, yet not extravagant, amenities, I believe you will enjoy the Posada Real.

The only negative things I have to say have been summed up very nicely by some other reviewers: the beds are *very* hard, and I could see them causing trouble to someone with back troubles; the "Concierge" really provides no services, and tries her best to rope you into package tours (of which she gets a cut).

My positive comments, however, far outnumber the negative:

1) The staff is super - when my sister's luggage was lost on the flight into Cabo the staff was very helpful in our efforts to keep in touch with the airline, etc.
2)The rooms were always kept clean - usually by the time we returned from breakfast first thing in the hotel restaurant, the chambermaids had completely cleaned everything!
3)The hotel doesn't completely cater to American/Canadian tourists - I'd say about 1/3 of the guests during our stay were Mexican.

I would definitely stay here again - in fact, we are planning our next trip with the Posada in mind... Two Thumbs Up!

Wonderful place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member pkmgogirl

Just want to let everyone know that this place is excellent! Very clean,big room, great ocean view.
Everyone was helpful and knew what customer services is all about. From the moment we arrived and was greated by Lupi to Urbano at the check in was great. We will go back again and we have told everyone how great our trip was.

Very Nice

I've been all over Mexico, from Mexico City to the Yucatan and to Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta on the West coast. Never have I been so aggressively pursued by salespeople the minute I got off the plane as in Los Cabos. It's really a very bad idea to harrass travelers the minute they get off a plane and clear customs.
Once we passed the caucaphonous gauntlet of "TAKE FREE TOURS BIG DISCOUNTS!" we found our driver and were on our way to the Posada. It was close to the airport and I had a nice talk with the cab driver on the way.
When we arrived we were welcomed by an amazing staff that is among the best I've seen south of the border. The bellhop Ramon was awesome and pretty much everyone else was super cool too. The waiters were fantastic and loved to talk to and play with my 5 year old son.
The room we had was #239 and it was clean and completely as expected--not fancy but just fine. One thing that bugged us was the single key that we were given--we couldn't go anywhere separately on the whole trip! The beds were hard but that's normal.
The food was above average as well, with several Mexican dishes that were not Americanized (I noticed many Mexican tourists at the hotel--always a good sign!). If you get sick of the food, there are several restaurants nearby.
Traveling around the area is a huge pain. Walking from the Posada to San Jose is dangerous due to heavy traffic. Taxicabs consist of huge vans (totally different than elsewhere in Mexico) and rides are very pricy. We ended up riding the bus and had a fine time of it--the locals are friendly and the buses are frequent and safe.
Another thing that bothered me was the "Conceirge" in the lobby. She was a waste of valuable genetic material. All she did was try to scam us into going on some idiot timeshare tour. Worthless. I ended up going to the little side offices of the hotel and talking to Guillermo. He set me up with a great fishing trip--caught tons of tuna.
One more caveat: Carry tons of cash with you! There is no ATM near the Posada except a private one up the beach at the Presidente--I had to talk my way into that one. Cash is required for almost everything because there has been a rash of credit card chargebacks by unscrupulous tourists.
I highly recommend the hotel and the area, it's very beautiful country and the folks are great. Learn some Spanish and you'll have much more fun in Mexico--always speak as much as you can, it will get you better service and a better time even if you butcher the beautiful Spanish language.

No resort, but good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Prescottbubba

Stayed couple nights here after a week in Cabo at the Marina Fiesta, Definately a big step down but overall friendly, clean, and quiet.
Staff was helpful. Really liked the new program with all the drinks on the house. The pool was old but saw regular cleaning . The beach is close with little vendor problem yet the surf is too much for swimming. Had all our meals at the hotel, they were very well done and affordable. Walking to town is do-able. It's a couple miles by road but take the beach walk and find your way to the estuary path for a much more scenic route if your not in a hurry.
Would stay here again. Affordable and yes the bed was hard but after several margaritas... will you notice?

relax, relax, relax

it was more than what we expected. The rooms were clean and the view was exceptional. the service was adequate and freindly. Nothing to do at night but to relax. The restaurants in town were fantastic... try La Dolce ask
for Andrea from Milan. Overall great trip.

Travelling to San Jose info appreciated

by PADale

We will be staying at Posada Real Los Cabos and want to know where we can get a good map of the city. We want to explore and eat at local stands, restaurants - don't know where to start. Any recommendations? What is in walking distance?

Re: Travelling to San Jose info appreciated

by ViajesdelMundo

I live up the road about 50 mins, so come to/thru San Jose' frequently. Your hotel is just down the road (BOULEVARD ANTONIO MIJARES) from the old part of the city, where are the most interesting shops and nice restaurants, some art galleries, etc.

If you are able to see this map, http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll/qscr=dspv/htid=11803/crti=1/hotel-location-map

looking to the right, the edge of the town, you will see MIJARES blvd. THAT is the main road thru the area you will want to go. If it is a hot day, make sure you have some sun protection with you, as there is little shade until you get up the road.

I don't know that you will find a good map, other than looking further on the computer yourself; but if not, then ask at the hotel desk; but it is small and simple enuf that probably not really needed.

Comments