Casa Del Mar Beach Condos

Km. 19.5, San Jose Del Cabo, Baja California Sur, 23400, Mexico

More about San José del Cabo

Thuna fishThuna fish

Estuary on HorsebackEstuary on Horseback

San Jose del Cabo in late november ?

by severeeen

My fiance and I are going to spend a few days in late november (Thanksgiving holidays) in south baja, and we'res hesitating between Loreto, La paz, and San Jose Del Cabo.We really don't like resorts, and we don't like to be surrounded by throngs of US tourists and loud american discos (we simply hate the spring break atmosphere), but we do like to go out at night and mingle with locals and dance on nortena etc and walk in nice little streets etc... and we will rent a car and are willing to explore area. Basically, we're looking for a location with pretty sandy beaches/ coves, WARM WATER (even in november), NO WAVES, NO WIND... and more local color at night than... American color. How is San Jose de Del Cabo in late november ? Is the the sea pleasant to swim/ snorkel (without a diving suit) ? How bad can the weather get ? Are the beaches in the area exposed to cold winds, big waves ? And can we find lovely sandy beaches without buying a tour to one of the islands ? THANK YOU :)

RE: San Jose del Cabo in late november ?

by hugsinvan

I just came back from 12 days in San Jose Del Cabo and loved every momment of it.The weather this November is warmer than usual: mid 80's to mid 90's.
SJC doesn't get ugly with tourists like Cabo San Lucas does and is not a huge over developed place like La Paz.
The temperature of the ocean is quite warm.Once you have submergered yourself it quickly feels like a warm bath, however, while not overly windy,the waves and undertow are seriously strong and some people don't feel safe swimming.
My best beach day of my life was spent 10- 15 minutes away from town by car at Playa Santa Maria;no waves, really warm wate of the clearest aqua blue I have ever seen.
The local people are very nice and will be as friendly as you are with them.I was a woman travelling alone and was never hassled in the least.
The town center is quaint, historic and has lots of nice little streets with great restaurants and art galleries.
I loved SJC so much I've rebooked for January.

Travel Tips for San José del Cabo

Airport bar..........kind of!

by TXgal

If you're on your way to the bus stop (see transportation tip) or just have extra time waiting for your ride to pick you up, walk across the hwy from the airport to the small palapa. Refreshments served :-)

Comments