Marquis Los Cabos

Km 21.5 Carretera Transpeninsular, Fraccionamiento Cabo Real, San Jose Del Cabo, 23400, Mexico
Secrets Marquis Los Cabos
BookIt.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Marquis Los Cabos

splendid vacation!

My wife and I stayed here from 2/5/04-2/9/04. I highly recommend this place because it is an excellent value for the money - when you compare other hotels in its class ( Hilton, Fiesta Americana, and Westin) you'll find that this is an outstanding property. I had regrets about booking this initially because it was approximately $380 more for the 4 nights than the Hilton or Westin and $325 more for the 4 nights than the Fiesta Americana. However, during our stay at Los Cabo, we went to visit the the Westin, Hilton, and Fiesta Americana. When I did, my feelings of regret dissolved; I was so glad that I chose Marquis Los Cabos.

It has a very helpful concierge desk, friendly staff, excellent service, and wonderfully appointed spacious rooms. Most of all, for me, it was stunning architecturally.

The only thing lacking was better tasting food. We ate at Vista Ballenas and I was disappointed with the quality of the food. I would recommend renting a car and checking out Mi Cocina ( at Casa Natalia), Tropicana, and The Restaurant ( as Las Ventanas hotel), and Baan Thai. (by the way, while you check out Casa Natalia or Tropicana, you should spend some time eye shopping at all the little boutique shops in that neighborhood)
These were the best restaurants we experienced. I also heard good things about Ediths although we didn't have the chance to eat there.

If you have 3 hours for a "time share" presentation, I would recommend that you sign up for the Fiesta Americana property. If you rent a car at Dollar, you may find two Fiesta Americana representatives who will offer you , in exchange for 3 hours of your time, several things. We negotiated the following:
paid car rental $84 value
whale watching $80 value
2 twenty five min. massages $100 value
2 ATV tours $100 value
dinner for 2 at Enrique's $25 value

I would return at Marquis Los Cabos every year if I could.
It's a great getaway for couples.

Was amazed but......

Just got back from Cabo and our stay at the Marquis del Cabo. Got there on Oct. 22nd. It was raining a bit when we got there but it wasn't anything bad. When we arrived at the hotel we were knocked off our feet at the lobby (outdoors and under a beautiful arch) and the view of the ocean from there. It was just amazing. We thought nothing could be better but then we went to our casita room and WOW it did get better. HUGE and beautiful with a private pool. It just kept getting better. I would definately stay there again but with a few changes. First of all they have a very nice restraunt but it only seats 20. VERY GOOD but if you can't get in there I would go to Palmilla and eat at Agua which was unreal. The only thing that truly upset me was that we got alot of rain on Sat. and there was water everywhere in the bathroom and outside of it. This city is not prepared for the 3 days of rain they get a year and I happened to be there for the big one. They had about 5 hours of electrical problems during the rainstorm but quickly fixed them. The people at the hotel were great. The room service was quick but not that good of food. They cleaned your room at least 2x a day. The pools were AMAZING. All the views were great.

Luxurious perfection!

My husband, 16-month-old son and I just returned from a 7-night stay at the Marquis. We can't wait to go back next year! Our stay was everything that I dreamed of -- the weather was perfect (upper 80's), the sea was a sparkling turquoise blue, and since it was still low season, we felt like we had the place to ourselves. This is a quiet, elegant hotel for people who want to relax and unwind...it is not a party hotel by any means. Rather, it's the epitome of LUXURY. There are gorgeous sea views from every part of the property. The Marquis does everything beautifully -- from the way they fold all the tissue products into little fan shapes, to the fancy sweets they put in our room as part of the turndown service...and even the elegant way that they hang up robes in the closet! It's clear they pay attention to the details.

We stayed in a 1-bedroom casita and it was just gorgeous. Huge, beautifully decorated, marble floors, with its own kitchenette (microwave, fridge/freezer), two bathrooms, and a private pool to ourselves (too small for swimming, but good for a quick dip if you want to cool off). And the views -- there are no words -- they were simply breathtaking. Floor-to-ceiling windows from the bedroom and the living room looked out onto an infinity pool, and directly beyond that was the gorgeous royal blue sea. We left the windows cracked open all day and night so that we could hear the (loud) waves crashing onto the beach.

The grounds were impeccably groomed and maintained. There were workers outside constantly sweeping and cleaning, re-sweeping and re-cleaning around the clock. Our casita was kept spotless with daily housekeeping service that took 2 full hours each time. The only complaints we had were small ones: tiny ants on the kitchen counter and scattered around the casita (but you really can't avoid this anywhere in Cabo), a broken A/C that kept our living room a little too cold at night, and the door between the living room and bedroom wouldn't close properly. But these little things didn't affect our enjoyment of the resort at all. The staff was unbelievably warm, gracious, and courteous. We didn't get the impression that they were trying to be nice for tips -- they genuinely seemed to care (a daily service charge is included in your bill, but tipping $1-2 for good service is appreciated, I think).

There are 3 restaurants: poolside (Dos Mares), the casual restaurant (Vista Ballenas), and the special gourmet restaurant (Canto Del Mar). We ate at all 3 and were pleased with the quality of the food and elegant ambiance. Although service at Dos Mares and Vista Ballenas was friendly and warm, it tended to be a little on the slow side, but that's par for the course in Mexico. There was live music nightly at Vista Ballenas. The small but beautiful gourmet restaurant was amazing, we are still talking about how delicious and unique the cuisine was!

There are 3 pools: the large (very) heated main pool and the two unheated infinity pools with incredible sea views.

I had a nice mani/pedi and a massage at the spa, BEFORE the big corporate group arrived and hogged up all the appointments for the rest of the week. If you want a spa treatment, make your appointment in advance since they can get overwhelmed with business if there's a large group on site. The fitness center was large and well-quipped -- a little warm while I was there but not too bad.

This is a great place for couples, honeymooners, and families....or anyone who just wants to feel spoiled and pampered. It's about 20 minutes from Cabo San Lucas, and 10 minutes from San Jose. I can't recommend this place more highly....you won't want to leave!!

Marquis is heaven

by TripAdvisor Member PrimaDawna

We just returned from 3 heavenly nights at the Marquis. The resort is like being in a work of art. Every turn there is something new and beautiful to see. The staff bent over backwards to treat us like royalty.

The casita suites looked incredible but they were booked for our stay. The Marquis suites will not disappoint. The only thing is that there were no lounge chairs beside our private pool but I'm sure a staff member would be happy to bring one up. The turn down service is excellent and the staff leaves a little sweet dessert in the kitchen. The morning breakfasts left in the nook are also excellent. The coffee pot could be larger and they only leave 4 creamers but they are happy to leave more if you ask.

Our room was incredible. The floors were marble with 14 ft high ceilings. We had a jacuzzi tub and large shower. I'm kind of a freak about cleanliness and this place was spotless. The marquis suites have 3 sliders out to the patio. Upon arrival, the staff turns the TV on to a jazz music station and it leaves an impression when you walk in your room.

The kitchen is stocked with beer, wine, water and snacks. They do not leave a list of prices so we assumed (oh oh) that it was included in the price of the room. We found upon checkout that the mini bar was not included. Not a big deal but we did open a bottle of wine that was corked. We threw it away but did not mention it until checkout. The employee looked at us as if we were crazy rather than immediately refunding the $14. Oh well....

My only complaint was the wine charge at Canta del Mar. The gourmet restaurant does not post a menu or prices. The chef prepares whatever is fresh for the day and you eat what they give you. We asked the waiter to suggest a wine and he suggested a sangiovese. It was good, not wonderful and we were shocked to get a bill for $200 for wine only! My advice... ask how much things cost. The dinner was very good. Pricey... about $180 but I wouldn't complain about that.

The spa services were wonderful. The spa was gorgeous, clean and had many amenities. The staff was absolutely professional. Most speak very little English so be prepared if you want something specific.

There is a $25 day charge for services. To clarify, we asked the front desk about it. We were told it did not cover food, beverage or spa staff so they needed to be tipped separately.

All in all it was an absolute dream. Just be prepared to drop a load of cash but you will get what you pay for.

Marquis Marvelous !!!

Our stay at the Maquis Los Cabos proved to be the most enjoyable vacation ever. We spent a week in total relaxation and had service beyond compare. The food was equivalent to a five star restuarant. Each and every angle of the hotel had a breath taking view of the ocean. The rooms were large with beautiful bathrooms with marble and sunken tub. Each morning we enjoyed our special little breakfast left in the little hide away. Turn down service left us with a sweet treat for sweet dreams. I enjoyed a facial, body wrap and massage and found each one to be as good as any I have gotten in San Diego at the finer resorts. The staff was always there at our beck and call and were warm and friendly. We golfed at the Eldorado next to the hotel and took advantage of the twilight special and was able to get all 18 holes in before sunset. The course was beautiful and we compare it to Pebble Beach.

Our only recommendation is when you arrive at the airport which is desgined well, pass all the people trying to sell you time shares and taxi rides and just grab the first taxi you see. Also save your shopping money and shop at the airport when leaving as your best bargins are at the airport with better selection. We found the resort and the hospitality to be warm, friendly and ever so relaxing.

Fabulous!

We just returned from 5 nights at the Marquis, and we didn't want to leave! The property is absolutely beautiful, and there is great attention to detail in the design. The staff were so friendly and very well trained. Our room far exceeded our expectations. The pools were beautiful, and everything about the hotel was so relaxing. We had a room on one of the higher floors of the main building, and the view was spectacular. If you are booking a casita, I would ask for the ones overlooking the beach as the ones closer to the hotel and pool have very little privacy.

We thought the food was very good, but would also recommend going to Las Ventanas for dinner or drinks (they have a tequila/ceviche bar). Going into town via cab was a pricier than expected ($25-30 each way). I agree with a previous comment on this site - don't deal with the taxi people who come up to you at the airport. We didn't realize it was a scam and paid $65 to get to our hotel (only cost $28 on our way back!).

The Marquis is a great property, and we would definitely love to go back!

Horrible food and service

The architectural design of the hotel is exquisite. Our room was absolutely gorgeous and impeccable. There are two fundamental problems with this hotel: the service, and the food. One would expect the food from a five-star hotel to be at least above average. Instead, the food was horrible. Fortunately, we rented a car so we could drive to the center of San Jose del Cabo and eat at restaurants offering excellent authentic Mexican food.

The service was also sub par. While there were four people ready to assist at any given time, the quality of the service was lacking. First, the waitresses serving drinks in the lounge/bar area often got our orders mixed up. Then, we frequently asked the concierge for advice regarding ideal places to snorkel and other information. Since we were interested in visiting Cabo Pulmo, which is great for snorkeling but a bit of a drive, we asked him if he had any advice on a good way to get there. He suggested we drive a dirt road all the way there, which from the map, is the shortest way to get there. We later looked at a brochure regarding a tour that brings people there, and it did not recommend that people take that road. Instead, the map on the brochure suggested an alternate route which consisted mainly of paved roads. So, long story short, he offered us precarious information. We later found out that many of the service staff is not local, and therefore not able to offer advice on sites and dining establishments. You would think, however, that the hotel management would at least invest money in the concierge to perform his sole task at best which is to offer accurate and useful information!

service below par

Jan 5-11, rooms and grounds were beautiful. My wife and i found the service at the resturant to be extremley poor and our rm was not cleaned till 3:30 or 4:00 for the first three days. This was corrected by complaining. Staff seemed to be easily confused. Overall this was a good vacation, ate most of our meals in cabo san lucas. The service does not seem to match the price tag or atmosphere.

VACATION HEAVEN

Magical Marquis!!! My boyfriend and I visited the Marquis from January 1-5, 2005. We loved out junior suite and its large whirlpool tub. The service was super fast and always friendly. We both lounged by the spectacular infinity pools everyday and our photos are amazing. Each morning when we woke up there was a surprise of sweet morning treats and fruit and fresh coffee in our snack window. We preferred to eat it on our balcany while choosing our pool chairs from the awesome view of the pools and ocean. Every seat at the pool is a good one. My boyfriend and I both really love swimming whether it be in the pools or ocean, and we frolicked in the pools and ocean all day every day. The sun was perfect and we were very tan by the 2nd day. The happy peaceful mood of the resort is infectious causing visiters to smile and laugh to one another. We ate the delicious room service and also poolside food and were always pleased. Try the banana smoothie. One night we ate at Canto del Mar (in the resort also). We had the $65 tasting menu, which featured caviar, beef tenderloin, escargot and other delicious gourmet foods. There was a lone guitar player in the corner seranading us with romantic notes, and when we left we were full and happy. There is a small store and a computer center which met all of our needs. The housekeeping staff was great, cleaning our room twice a day and making beautiful creations out of our towels and floral arrangements. At night we checked the snack window again for our nightly treat, a practice that made us feel like kids on christmas. The Marquis was the perfect retreat from our hectic New York City lives and we will revisit someday and would recommend the Marquis to everyone.

hotel was nice but service was .....

by TripAdvisor Member cujocujo

First of all, we were disappointed that there was no king size bedroom available despite of the request on our reservation. They promised to contact us when a king size room gets available, but the front desk never did it.
Second of all, I requested extra bottles of water to Housekeeping (each room gets 2 bottles of water every day), but they never them brought up.
A bellboy said that it was safe to drink tap water; however, tap water smelled like chlorine pool water...
Third of all, for a complimentary breakfast, we requested hot tea instead of coffee to Housekeeping/a bellboy. Never done so.
As I mentioned about above unsatisfactory matters to Concierge, he promised to deliver extra bottles of water. But never did. He said that complimentary breakfast was standard and would cost more for any change.
As a conclusion, we realized that it was very hard to communicate with staff as we weren't sure if they truly understood what we were saying or just saying "yes" to everything (language barrier was for sure there as we had hard time understanding their English as well). All the requests were promised but none was taken care of.
Beautiful view, well maintained pool, good food, nice room.
Bed was a bit hard to sleep on.

A Dorado caught at the Gordo BanksA Dorado caught at the Gordo Banks