4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Carretera Transpeninsular km 19.5, Sector 5, San Jose Del Cabo, Los Cabos, 23410, Mexico
Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 28% less than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort

The Melia Cabo Real was lovely

Stayed at the Melia Cabo Real - all inclusive - with my husband and 7 month old daughter and we had a great time. The hotel is pretty, room was nice, view was beautiful, weather was perfect, golf course great, and the staff was so wonderful I felt like I had my own personal attendants. They were all very friendly and willing to meet all of our needs. Breakfast buffet was very good, they make fresh omlets with your choice of ingredients, they bring you drinks all day long when you sit at the pool, we had massages, and we were given all the bottle water we wanted (for the baby's formula) as long as we asked at the front desk.
This is not an action packed resort, but there is a bus for $1 that goes into town every 30 minutes. Just a few tips: Go for the all-inclusive, if you want chairs by the pool, claim them early in the morning because they fill up fast, and if you are bothered by little birds and seagulls, this is not the place for you because they are everywhere. Overall, our stay was enjoyable and relaxing.

In Cabo there are high density...

by Hollys

In Cabo there are high density and low density resorts along, what is referred to as the Corridor, Location is about 20 miles from either city, Cabo or San Jose. The resorts in this area sit on a beach that goes on and on.
Low density resort I recommend, is; the Melia Cabo,
and high density would be the Hacienda, or the Melia Real. However it is nice to have a rented vehicle so to have the flexiabiliy to leave your resort and do other things. Car rental is reasonable and highways are wide and travelable.

Huge Melia fan but NOT Cabo Real

My husband and I just got back from a weeks stay at the Melia Cabo Real. We both agree we'd go back to Los Cabos/San Jose area but never stay at the Melia Cabo Real again. We're timeshare owners with the Melia and this one is in our exchange.. definitely not worth it though.

Issues we had while we were there:

- 3 calls to the front desk (over a four hour timespan) to get a crib for the room, even after we told the front desk at check in that we would need one.

- We should have taken the portable play yard we saw being wheeled down the hallway when we had the chance. Instead we had a very old, rickety, unsafe (loose parts, wobbly sides and rails, and spindles 5 inches apart) crib delivered to our room.

- After reading some reviews about people having to pay for water and being surprised when they checked out that they had a bill, we decided to ask up front about it. The front desk confirmed that all-inclusive (which we were) would receive two bottles a day and any subsequent bottles would be charged to your room. We could live with this..
except, we never got any bottled water until the fourth day and literally 8+ phone calls requesting it. My husband met with the manager to discuss our disappointment. We had 2 bottles and 2 sodas delivered and none after that for the rest of the trip. This was an issue for us in particular since we were travelling with a baby who needed bottled water for his formula.

- The store (to buy water) was closed on Sunday?? or Monday?? I can't remember which one right now. We walked over to the Hilton, next door and bought some there.

- My husband arranged for a cab to take us into town. They had a 10 minute leeway (which was more than enough, since the cabs are up on the main part of the highway above the hotel). After 30 minutes and being unable to find anyone to talk to, we walked up to the highway ourselves and hailed a cab.

- Regular hotel guests/owners get bumped in this hotel when there are corporate events. We arrived Saturday but never got our beach party (that is their Saturday night event). They had had that the night before for Siemens who was in town. Later in the week Gatorade was at the hotel and the evening and morning buffets for the public suffered horribly. The cerviche was not marinaded, the guacamole was watered down, the desserts were days old and half the dishes were missing.

- Little to no personable staff. The hotel seemed to run on minimal staff. We never saw more than one bartender at a bar. The lobby bar and the pool each had only one waitress taking orders. The worst part was after sitting at the pool for 5 days straight we were only asked if we wanted a drink once! We called for someone to help us with our bags (so many with a baby! :) and no one ever came. Eventually my husband went to the lobby, got his own handcart (as the staff stood there not doing anything, just watching) and lugged our own luggage to the curb.

On the upside:

The activities staff and Palapa staff were friendly and encouraging.
The rooms were clean. The hotel is conveniently located between San Jose Del Cabo and Los Cabos. The beach is nice and inviting.

We really are not complainers and do know how important it is to keep a sense of humor when you travel. We were actually more disappointed since we are owners of this chain and don't want to see the rest of the Melia's go downhill with it.

We have been to Cancun Melia (once) and Melia Azul Ixtapa (three times). All those trips were fantastic! Their staffs are abundant, attentive, personable and always meet our needs.

The thing that saved our honeymoon was the Hilton next door!

We chose for Melia Cabo Real for honeymoon because my husband had stayed there last year and had a wonderful time. First, they had "lost" our reservation [due to the presence of big-name pharma company] but was able to find it after two hours. He was very disappointed in the significant reduction in the level of service from last year to this year. Only one restaurant at a time was open, and even then the workers were not advised the hours of operation. There must have been a change in management or something which could explain the reduced services this much! What did save the honeymoon was the Hilton next door, so we spent wonderful times out on their terrace, enjoyed massages, and had magificent dinners there in the romantic atmosphere [read: the money which not spent at Melia]. Too bad for Melia Cabo Real, but our honeymoon was enjoyable anyway!

loved it

We just returned from the Melia Cabo Real and I have to say that we had a most enjoyable stay. We used a time share exchange and our room was more than what I expected. Very clean and our mini bar was kept stocked with water and soft drinks every day. The maid was certain to leave us coffee every day because we are coffee drinkers. The impression I get from reading some of the reviews that I have read on this property is that some guests must be very rude and expecting. I found the staff to be nothing but pleasant and accomodating. Of course , we treated them politely and with respect. I believe people will treat you the same way you treat them. I never once encountered any staff member that was anything but accomodating. The breakfasts were very good, as were the lunches. Dinner was a little hit or miss, but all in all enjoyable. I did not expect the all inclusive to be a culinary experience, it never is. But the kitchen did it's best at every meal and their effort was apparent. The waiters and bartenders never seemed to be out of my reach at any time. The activities staff was very energetic and fun. I would definatley return to the Melia Cabo Real.

Good Inclusive Resort

The Melia Cabo Real is where I stayed the week of March 15th. My husband and I enjoyed the resort. The staff provided clean rooms, entertainment, and good food. We especially enjoyed the show on Tuesday night. Don't miss this Mexican spectacular extravaganza! It was awesome. The gals in charge of activites were very uplifting and got people involved- lots of fun! Sea gulls were waiting to eat your food if you got up from your table while dining- so be aware. The sand was indeed rough. I was quite surprised that the tecture was gravel. Wear shoes for sure. Also, this is not a safe beach. I didn't care because the pool was so nice! We took the bus nearly everyday. It's right outside the hotel. I did get the stomach flu during our stay. I'm not sure where I acquired this awful sickness. I believe snorkeling is over-rated. The water was too rough and cloudy to see fish(cold too!) I enjoyed my stay at the Melia. Overall, my first trip to Cabo was grand.
I would definately book this resort again. Be prepared to wear Melia bracelets during your stay!

Had a great vacation, eveb relaxed a bit

Just returned from Melia Cabo Real, late Feb through early Mar. My wife and I chose the Melia for it's location away from the hustle and bustle of Town ( after Cancun last year we were looking to relax) Granted we went to Town most days by bus for $1.00. We travel quite a bit and know what to expect. I had read some of the older reviews before I left and was concerned. But after going there I cannot understand what they are talking about. We chose the all-inclusive because of the remote location of the Hotel, and the food was good. Some of the meals were great! all of the breakfasts were terrific, and the setting of the breakfast restaurant was lovely. I'll admit some of the buffet dinners were mediocre but I expected that. We did dine in Town on two occaisions but that was our choice. Our room was always clean and although we booked a king bed and when we checked in all that was immediately available were two queens, we opted to take the queens rather than wait, I wanted to start my vacation and wasn't going to let any trivial issue interrupt or ruin my trip. THe Hotel and grounds were immaculate, I woke at sunrise ( just for the view ) and saw the grounds crew cleaning, raking and arranging everything to perfection. Our attitude during vacation is always helpful to enjoying a trip, we dont look for negatives, and dont let minor issues interfere with our time away. One other note, one day I accidently left my safe open and the maid had cleaned the room, NOTHING was touched. If I had to complain about anything it would be the parents who let little children use the hot tub as a kiddy pool. Going back to Cabo and will stay at the Cabo Real again.

Had a Great Time at this Resort!

My wife and I just got back from Melia Cabo Real last week. We spent a total of 6 days at the resort and were very sad to leave. Overall, the resort did not display any of the negative characteristics noted by other reviewers on this site. The staff was very nice, the food was decent for an all-inclusive, and there were no hidden charges to our room. Our room was nice and cleaned well. We got 2 sodas, 2waters2 , and Coronas in the fridge each day if they were depleated. The weather was a little chilly (70-72) during the first 2 days, but was still warm enough to enjoy the sun. The last 4 days were awesome (78-80 with no humidity or clouds). The water also warmed up enough to enjoy the pool.
The ocean water was still a bit cold, but I still jumped in anyway. We went into town 3 seperate times to eat and bar hop. The night life in Cabo is extremely fun (Cabo Wabo, Giggling Marlin, El Squid Roe) and the food was quite good and priced reasonablty for a tourist town.
Alexanders was our favorite in the Marina area (order the spanish coffee, its a great fire show by the waiter). We also ate at Pancho's.
They have over 500 types of tequila and great authentic mexican food.
We took the sunset/whale watching cruise out around the arch. One word.. Breathtaking! We got to see about 8-10 whales, seals, and sting rays jumping out of the water, not to mention one of the best sunsets ever (hint - pants and jacket help once the sun goes down).

The only negative parts of the trip were my wife getting a little touch of food poisoning from either the water or the food somewhere we ate.
We had similar dishes and drinks and I was fine. She was down for about 6 hours one day, but recovered fine (hint - bring some medicine from home to be prepared, it is mexico after all). The sand on the beach is rough sand. Not like beaches most are used to. Bring some aqua socks (as bad as they look) if you plan to go in the water or walk the beach.
Also make sure you are a strong swimmer if you plan to hop in the ocean, the currents are strong. And finally, during our second visit to the fancy restaurant on the resort, we ate at 9pm (last sitting) and it took us about 45 mins to get our salads and appetizers from the kitchen. That was the only hint of a service flaw.

I would recommend this resort and vacation destination to anyone....

Great Time

by TripAdvisor Member laurod2

My wife and i stayed at the Malia Cabo Real from 3-09-04 to 3-16-04 and had a great time. When we arrived at the resort and got our room key we found ourselves with a room with 2 beds not the 1 king like we asked for. A quick trip to the front desk and we were told we could get one in 2 hours when it was cleaned . The breakfast was always great right by the pool with a view of the ocean. lunch was also verygood in the same location plus a snack bar by the pool too. But dinner time was less then disirable but ok for an all inclusive. The weather was sunny all week and in the mid 80,s . We rented a car all week and went into cabo san lucas 3 times and once to san jose which is quite the opposite of cabo much more laid back and more like an old mexico town feel, but if you want night life then cabo is the place to be. We went to sammy hagars place cabo wabo cantina and by 10 oclock the place is packed and the house band was super, but anything you buy in cabo is going to cost you, no deals here in this town, a beer and water at cabo wabo was 9 dollars. So bring lots of money.

Not recommended

We stayed here from 3/8-15. All food execpt the snack bar at the pool was warm at best. You have to get them to prepare it fresh if you want it hot. The restaurant for dinner is not worth the time it takes to get a resrvation. There was no premium blend liquor. The only beer they had was Sol, Pacifico and Corona. We settled for Mai Tai's all week. San Lucus is a blast. Don't miss El Squid Roe or Giggling Marlin. The ATV tour and Para sailing was great. The water wasn't very clear so snorkeling wasn'that great. We'll go to CABO again, but will stay at the Marina Fiesta which is within walking distance to almost everything. Take your walking shoes! Cabs are expensive, the us is only 1.00. Everything is in peso's so take plenty of cash for tips. Take your Visa or Master Card as hardly any place takes American Express. Be careful which restaurants you chose downtown as some are rediculously high, (93.00 for 2 drinks and a combo seafood appitizer at one place on the marina). Overall we had a great time but it wasn't at the resort.

A drive to Todos Santos...A drive to Todos Santos...

City hall...City hall...

Melia Cabo Real all inclusive resort

by Kingo

Has anyone been here? Should you just go with bottled water? I've read the postings about swimming in the ocean, is it safe here? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

RE: Melia Cabo Real all inclusive resort

by YVRDave

The resort is very nice. Bottled watter not necessary and they have a protected swimming area at the hotel. There is heavy surf normally in that area

Comments