Royal Solaris Los Cabos All-Inclusive

Boulevard San Jose, Lote 10, Campo de Golf, San Jose Del Cabo, Los Cabos, 23410, Mexico

Royal Solaris Los Cabos
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 52% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Time share parasites

I have to say that the food and all you can drink all-inclusive plan were great. Unfortunately, the negative aspects of our trip outweighed what should have been a great time.
    We cleared customs at the airport and had to wade through a sea of "time share sales sharks". Upon arriving at the Royal Solaris we soon found out that our "personal representative" Hector was no more than a high pressure salesman for R.S. V.I.P. membership/ time share sales. We decided to go on foot to a nearby supermarket (MEGA) and were approached once on the street and twice in the store with more time share sales pitches. All of this within the first 36hrs of our arrival. We figured out that Sunday was the ideal day to venture since most of the locals were off work. We managed to get some great deals on souvenirs. Don't pay the exorbitant prices at the Royal solaris gift shops! The day before we left we went on the Caborey snorkeling trip. We paid for this out of pocket but it was worth the money. The worst part of the snorkeling trip was our hotel departure. Hector, our personal representative had mentioned that "if we had any questions about anything to contact him." Since we weren't members, there was no pre-arranged transportation for the snorkeling trip so I asked Hector "What bus should we board?" He replied "Oh, you paid for this trip? If you were members this would have been free." Then he proceeded to go back into his sales pitch. Needless to say, I was getting more than a little annoyed at this point. I replied "I told you no, once already. Just tell us which bus to get on!" We went on vacation to relax and wound up being stressed out on several occassions. Royal Solaris was our first experience with an all-inclusive resort and with a resort of this size. I had never been an adult field trip with 200 of my closest friends. This is the nature of the excursions from the Royal Solaris. Sadly, since our return home i've been told by several people that Peurta Vallerta and Cancun are no different.

Unique Quality: The oceanview rooms are worth the extra money however, by Royal Solaris' definition not the same as oceanfront. They are reserved for members only. Unless you are booking adjoining rooms, ask for one without the door in between. You'll be able to hear everything going on next door. Before making reservations, try to find out if there are any sales meetings, business conferences or things of this nature occuring during your stay. Reef (the flip-flop/ beachwear people) were having a sales meeting during our stay and several dinner shows in the on-site theatre were cancelled or relocated to the lobby. Two of the on-site restaurants were also closed for private dinners (Reef sales associates only or V.I.P. Royal Solaris members only) on different occasions. This is a great place to stay if you are a Royal Solaris member or an RCI member. If you are neither, you'll feel like a second-class citizen here. We won't be back. If you decide to go anyway, when it comes to time share presentations and membership offers just say "No thank you/No gracias." By the way, the 1 1/2 hour presentations will be more like 3 hours.

• Royal Solaris Membership Rip-Off

My husband and I had a wonderful time at Royal Solaris with our friends who went too. We highly recommend it as a place to stay BUT DO NOT JOIN! Luckily we only bought the 3 year "trial" membership. By the time they added on "escrow fees" and such, it was almost $5000. Since I'm a teacher we only travel the week of Spring Break and a week at Christmas. We went to book next Christmas and found that the cost of our food and beverages for the week is $2058.00. Airfare for us is another $620 per person for a total of $3278. We can book the same vacation as NON-MEMBERS for $2374 including airfare. What a rip-off to have a membership! Does anyone know what I can do to get this message out to more people?

• windoweb's Profile Photo

Beachfront Hotel

This all inclusive resort allows you to join in as many activities as you like. You can have a busy or relaxed schedule. There are theme nights with live shows and buffet dinners.

Unique Quality: We had a room with a great view. We looked out at the pool and Sea of Cortez.

Directions: Close walk to town of San Jose del Cabo.

More about Royal Solaris Los Cabos All-Inclusive

Theme Shows at Royal Solaris

by windoweb about Latin Show

The Latin Show was fun to watch. My favorite part of the show was the fire dance. He was absolutely fantastic. It was an awesome sight at night with fire balls going fast all around him.

Try the fresh salsa

by windoweb about Panchos

The night we ate at Panchos at the Royal Solaris they had live Mexican music. It was a great evening. The hot salsa with chips was my favorite.

Better than expected.

by TripAdvisor Member tski_1999

My girlfriend and I just returned from a very relaxing week at the Royal Solaris Los Cabos. I had researched the resort before leaving and had some concerns about the reviews I had seen regarding time share sales people and the over all service at the resort. After about an hour at the Royal Solaris my concerns were put to rest.The service at the resort is very impressive and lives up to a 5 star quality. The customer service desk was very imformative and one agent named Pedro was a wealth of information and made us feel right at home. The service in all of the restaurants and bars was also top notch. We did have to wait a short while to get into the Marco Polo restaurant the nights we decided to dine there but the patio bar outside the restaurant made the wait very enjoyable and it was easy to plan this into your schedule. The activities and entertainment at the resort were average. The shows were your typical dance numbers (not that I could do it) and were all quite similar even though they had different themes. The activities around the pool each day also lacked enthusiasm but the pool facilities enabled us to play water polo, basketball, and volleyball which was a lot of fun. The activity team tried very hard but it looked like they lacked direction. The resort also has a well equipped gym and tennis/basketball area. The resort itself is very beautifull and located on an amazing piece of property along the beach front. The facilities are very up to date and well laid out. The only complaint that we had was the seagulls. The snack bar around the pool was very handy but food shouldn't be taken away from that area because it attracts the seagulls and those birds have patience of steel. A near by bird estuary houses most of them but I think the Royal Solaris keeps them fed. I know I fell victim to the flying turd as did a few other people.The town of San Jose is very laid back and was different from most of the tourist areas we have visited in that no one was hounding us to buy anything as you walked through the town and it felt very safe. The town also has a nice colonial Spanish feel to it which gives it more character. We took the ATV tour along the coast and in through the sand dunes which was amazing. It was nice having the rental company just across the street from the hotel and I would highly recomend this excurssion to everyone even if you haven't driven a quad before.We did venture out to Cabo San Lucas which made us appreciate San Jose. We took the local bus which was about 16 pesos each and was very easy to use. San Lucas resembled a small american tourist town. I don't mean that negatively but it wasn't what we were looking for in a relaxing holiday. There were loads of american food chains from Taco Bell and Burger King to the Hard Rock Cafe which really kills the authentic Mexican atmosphere. The locals there are a little more aggressive also which made it hard to relax and enjoy the views of Land's End. It was nice to see but I would never reccomend the town itself to anyone unless it was a university student going for a big spring break party. Overall we had a great holiday and I would recomend the Royal Solaris to anyone.

awesome place!

I think the place was awesome right from the staff to the whole insight of what the royal solaris is about ' quality' they went the extra mile. i read other articles from chicago & NY they could not have been in the same place if so there standards may be above us canadians I have been to chicago it is know San Jose!

Not a good value.

The Royal Solaris is okay but not great. My wife and I just returned from a week there to celebrate our first anniversary. The resort is clean, and the staff is friendly for the most part. My biggest complaint is in regards to the food. We were really disappointed in the quality, variety, and temperature of the food (a lot of it was cold). I guess one upside is that with poor food, you tend to not gain as much weight on vacation. Nevertheless, I would rather have good food. I wrote in my comments to the resort that they need to hire a new head chef. We stayed there with our RCI membership and paid the "special fee" because Royal Solaris is an all inclusive resort. At $90 USD per person per day, it simply wasn't worth it to us. This was on top of the 3000 timeshare credits, $179 exchange fee, $40 cleaning fee, and the airfare to get there. $40 per person per day seems like a more reasonable rate given what we received.We may go back to Cabo someday, but we will definitely not stay at this resort. If you go to Cabo, be sure to avoid the shameless and gratuitous timeshare pitches, especially those guys at the airport. Be strong. Just say no to Paco and the boys.

Best Vacation of MyLife!

Let me just say this was the best vacation of my life. The weather was wonderful, The variety of food was great. Breakfast was filled with wonderful pastries, fresh fruit, omlettes, waffles, and many other things. Dinner was excellent, especially at the resturants, the wait was not long at all. The poolside bar was great, the drinks were wonderful and they had a variety. The pools were clean and a nice temperature. The best thing by far was the entertainment staff. They were very energetic and friendly. Justin, MOses, ricky, abril, andrea, fernando,kristen...and all the rest you were great. The shows at night were wonderful. The resort was beautiful and very clean overall royal solaris was a great place and i would go back in a second.

Outstanding Vacation

The last two reviews on the Royal Solaris are very much the opinions of my husband and myself. We just returned yesterday from a VERY relaxing and enjoyable stay at the Royal Solaris. We have travelled a fair bit and have stayed in a variety of accomodations. This was our first all inclusive as well as our first trip to Mexico. We have cruised a couple of times and absolutely love it. Cleanliness and good food were very important criteria to us and we were not disappointed. We enjoyed the food in the Marco Polo the best and only once did we have to wait about 20 minutes for a table (preferring earlier ~7:30 times probably helped). While we waited, we enjoyed a drink at the bar in front of Marco Polo's. The food wasn't the caliber of a cruise ship but we weren't paying the price of a cruise ship either. The only complaint I would have (and I use that term loosely) is the food on the buffets were not quite as warm as I would like. But it is very difficult to keep that quantity of food hot. The breakfasts were indeed incredible and I will miss the omelets I enjoyed every morning. We learned after a couple of mornings that even if you want scrambled eggs and you feel the ones on the buffet aren't hot enough, the fellow doing the omelets will scramble, fry, whatever you want, in front of you and then you are guaranteed to have it hot. One thing I would suggest. If you can request a room that is not connecting it would be advantagious to do so. We had a young family in the room next to us with two very behaved children. They just woke up quite early in the morning and as children do they like to talk. With the connecting door the voices were like they were at the foot of our bed. After a couple of early mornings we requested a change in room and were accomodated quite promptly. We had reserved an oceanview room as well and though our new room was now on the outside of the hotel, it was at one end. So from our balcony we could see not only the town of San Jose in the distance, but when we looked to the right we had the ocean quite close to us. Very quiet and just what we wanted. I will miss being awakened to the sound of the crashing surf every morning. The rooms were spotlessly cleaned and as mentioned before the kingsize beds were extremely comfortable. I do believe the mixed drinks offered during the day are lower in alcohol but when you are drinking them all day it is probably just as well. Quite often I was offered extra teguila or do I want it stronger. So you have the option if you want it. It would have been nicer if there had been a bit more live music during the dinner hours. Most of the live music didn't start until 11:00 as I guess that is when the party crowd got going. We are in our early 50's and enjoy a good time but aren't quite the party crowd. But we really enjoy a variety of music and did miss it. The staff, while not the most professional, were exceptionally cordial and would do anything you requested of them. Most of them understood English quite well and we tried our best with a few words in Spanish. We did have to wait about an hour and a half to check in for our flight but when you are with a tour group the buses leave the hotel with plenty of time. We found we got a better exchange rate at the bank in Cabos than the exchange rate we got at the hotel. All said and done we would definitely recommend the Royal Solaris and would certainly return if the opportunity arose.

Royal SolarisRoyal Solaris

choosing vacation destination

by kitsya

want to take a weeks trip to just relax on the beach in august
i understand the caribbean side is a bad idea due to hurricane season

i'm currently looking at Puerto Vallarta or Los Cabos
how do the beaches at the 2 locations compare?
any feedback would be appreciated.

thanks.

by Carlos436

I don't know much about Puerto Vallarta except that it is a small party town with a pretty good beach. I have been to Cabo San Lucas and it's basically where the desert meets the ocean. It's small also, but real cool and relaxing. There's beautiful hotels, cool nightclubs, and plenty of activities from fishing, ATC riding, horseback riding or just relaxing on the beach. The beaches aren't the crystal clear pristing beaches like on the Carribean side, but it serves its purpose. The downtown is cool and everything is walking distance if you stay at a place in town. If not you can jump in a cab, or if your hotel is all-inclusive or something fancy like that, then you can hang around the pool and drink tequila til you pass out. Hope this helps!

RE: RE: choosing vacation destination

by cachaseiro

if you go a little further south to peureto escondido, the you have a really nice beach with a good atmosphere.
the small beaches of zipolite and mazunte, next toit are very recommended too.

RE: RE: choosing vacation destination

by MonoBichi

August can have hurricane risk on the Pacific side, too.

PV will be humid and rainy at that time, most probably. Cabo is the only "year around" Mexican beach resort area.

It's a nutso place, like Vegas or something where people feel they have to be excessive. The physical beauty is impressive and Lover's Beach has got to be the coolest swimming hole in the world.

by gomexico

Other than some isolated place along the Sea of Cortes in Baja California, I don't know of a coastal loacation, anywhere, in Mexico (includng Vallarta) that's not at risk of tropical storms during August. My advise is that you pick a place that interests you, and go. Or, pick a country where there's a lesser risk of storms.

Enjoy!

by kitsya

to be more specific, tentatively considering Marival Resort & Suites Nuevo Vallarta or Royal Solaris Los Cabos Resort & Spa in San Jose del Cabo
Would either of these have a beach good for swimming in early-mid august

Comments