The Westin Resort And Spa Los Cabos

Carretera Transpeninsular Km 22.5, San Jose del Cabo, Baja California Sur, 23400, Mexico
Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos
Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about The Westin Resort And Spa Los Cabos

The Westin @ Cabo is a joke!!!

In the face of adversity a quality company would prevail...The Westin, because of its management team, failed miserably. Hidden behind a naturally beautiful setting is an outrageously expensive, time share driven hotel. Any individual who reads the negative postings and still books this hotel, let alone buy a time-share there, should have their head examine. The place is a 'joke'.

Stop with the Aggressive Time Share Tactics

by TripAdvisor Member WangChung

We chose the Westin Regina for its beauty, but that was all washed away when the aggressive tactics for buying a Time Share was applied. Do not fall for promotions or discounts, they are set up for the time share scam. Pay full price to avoid this costly issue. The food is outrageously priced and not very good. The staff was always confused, and not at all prompt. The cost from the hotel into Los Cabos is a crime. Rent a car instead, you will save big from this inconvience. If I ever visit Los Cabos again, I will stay in town. If it were'nt for Cabo Wabo, I would never return....

Ripoff!!!!

I have been to Cabo 6 times. This place was the worst experience ever. A Coke for $5.00, 4 drinks with tip $60.00. Breakfast Buffet for 2....$70.00. Every time down to the pool or the beach was like walking trough a maze. There are many beautiful places in Cabo to stay...make sure this isn't one of them!!! ...and we couldn't find our digital camera that we didn't use the whole trip when we checked out.

Beware All!

*Warning - do not book a room here under any circumstances!! Do not allow children to visit this "resort", it's too dangerous for them. Senior citizens will never be able to navigate the long walks and ramps to and from the lobby, rooms, and pool. I stayed here last week and had problems with air conditioning, electricity, plumbing, front desk personnel indifference, housekeeping, poor pool facilities with very loud music. The hotel layout is very poor requiring very long walks to everything. There are many pedestrian walkways that are several stories high with a very low railing or none at all (main lobby). The Restaurants are very good and the service is surprisingly professional. There are much better places to stay in the "corridor" such as Fiesta Americana. I recommends staying in town and stopping at the Westin for something to eat on the way home.

Relaxing Resort Vacation

This was our First time in Mexico, we wanted a relaxing vacation - and got it! Everything was great, the accomodations, friendly & attentive staff, and the views. Our only complaint.. we went during the hurricane & got the residual weather = HUMIDITY! It was very hot & humid... but relief was close by, in our room, or in one of the many pools. We got a massage on the beach - which I highly recommend as well as one in the spa itself - both were A+ (this is coming from a couple who receives massages regularly). We took a shuttle one night into Cabo for dinner & shopping. Though I'm glad we went, I would not go back. It was hot, dirty & you really realize that its a 3rd world country. There are vendors stands set up nicely at the Westin selling everything you can think of right there. We also spent a morning golfing at Cabo Del Sol, this was a gorgeous course. This is a great resort if you just want to relax - you dont need to leave at all. We were expecting to pay Westin resort prices for everything - so we were not suprised, but we we were prepared. Oh, book a shuttle from the airport to the hotel (20min drive) - round trip for 2 it was about $50 - well worth the piece of mind. If possible - get a direct flight as well, we had a transfer in LAX which cut into our vacation time. Have fun!

What a joke! The Westin Hotel!

We were staying at this resort during Hurricane Marty and what a joke that was! No power, therefore no air conditioning (over 100 dgrees, very HUMID) for a whole week after?? This is a resort that normally boasts 5 restaurants? A week after the Hurricane we still had aceess to only one, which was servicing an over-priced buffet of recycled food!
Disgusting! What the worst part of the stay was that the Management/Staff did absolutely nothing to accomodate their over-paying guests! I would never recommend this hotel to anyone!

Worst vacation ever

Poor service (at best); lack of attention to detail; inability to handle adversity (hurricane) in a professional and appropriate manner; this is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. By far the worst vacation experience ever, largely thanks to the terrible service and inept management. Don't be lured by the beautiful pictures of the hotel's unique design and architecture; I've had a better experience at "bargain basement" motel (for a fraction of the price, of course).
Avoid at all costs.

I Don't Normally Write Reviews

I had never been to Cabo before, but I stay at Starwood (management company for Westin, Sheraton and others) properties all the time. I had been aware of this hotel since it opened, as Starwood often featured pictures of this striking property in its promotional material. I came across this site as I was doing some research on the area prior to my trip, and couldn't believe the number of negative reviews I saw for a Westin managed hotel. Having just returned from a 3 night stay, I have to admit I am completely confused by most of the negative posts. We arrived late the first night and were welcomed by name as we approached the front desk staff. They poured us a free drink while they checked us in, and even though the timeshare desk was closed for the day, we never got any kind of pestering call from them during our stay. The hotel was 100% full, but they still provided a free room upgrade (including complimentary daily buffet breakfast in the club lounge and 2 hour happy hour in one of the bars). The room on the 8th floor of the main building had all of the usual Westin amenities, including the always brilliant Westin Heavenly bed (I swear this mattress and pillows are the most comfortable anywhere). Service staff cleaned the room promptly once we left for the pool. Pool staff were attentive with towels, chairs and umbrellas. I was very excited to visit this property, and it lived up to all of my expectations based on having stayed at dozens of Starwood properties all over the world, including their front line Hawaiian resorts. The only thing I can think of is that some of the complainers stayed at the timeshare villas on the property, and expected the same quality. When I checked in, part of my welcome package said the timeshares were a separate operation. I read recommendations in other posts to stay at a particular building and to avoid others, but I asked at the front desk, and there are only two side by side buildings at the hotel, all with ocean front rooms. It is true that a fruit margarita was 80 pesos ($7.25USD) when I was there, but what do you expect at the swim up bar in a 5 star resort? I ate one night in Cabo at a popular seafood restaurant and payed $79 for a two person seafood platter that included a decent sized lobster. The next night we ate at the seafood themed buffet at the hotel, paid $39 a head, and ate as many grilled lobsters as we wanted. They also grilled beautiful fillets of snapper and ahi to order in addition to many other dishes, salads and desserts. Better quality and better value than we got in town at a place recommended by long time Cabo fans. I guess I am left with the impression that either this place cleaned up its act overnight (some of the reviews I read were written in October), or the people that wrote them don't travel much and expect all Mexican locations to have $1 drinks. I would highly recommend this adult oriented property to anyone wanting a high end property in a very beautiful location.

Horrible stay

Horrible stay at the Regina, everyone trying to pry a buck at every turn. No night life,no swimming at beach(ever), no hotel transportation. Price of meals was outrageous,$7.50 coffe for two. We went for a pre purchase inspection on a time share, not only did we not buy, but we will never go back. We will probably never associate with westin resorts again.

Perfect place for quiet retreat!

by TripAdvisor Member betsyw

Just back from a 7 day stay. This was my third trip to Mexico and the best by far! Beautiful architecture--sunny, dry weather-- friendly service--beautiful pools--plentiful & comfy lounge chairs--truly heavenly beds. We wanted a place to do nothing but lounge and read and we got exactly what we wanted. The one negative is that the food is expensive with little variety. However, we were prepared for it and willing to spend the extra $$ to have burgers delivered poolside. We opted for the Royal Beach Club level and it was a great deal since it included a huge breakfast buffet each morning and free drinks/appetizers each evening. One other piece of advice is to skip both local towns---not at all worth the hassle!!

My fishing buddy Tim and I with 2-25 pound tunaMy fishing buddy Tim and I with 2-25 pound tuna

Great Mexican VacationGreat Mexican Vacation