Holiday Inn Tuxtla Gutierrez (Belisario Domingues Km 1081 )

Belisario Domingues Km 1081
Holiday Inn Tuxtla Gutierrez
HolidayInn.com Booking.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 25% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Tuxtla Gutiérrez

Birds in the zooBirds in the zoo

Travel Tips for Tuxtla Gutiérrez

Nice Zoo and close to Sumidero Canyon

by Srechko

"Nothing special about this city"

I got here from San Cristobal for 2 reasons - visiting the famous zoo and getting to Sumidero Canyon.

The city is quite big and I am happy I decided not to stay there over night. While I was looking for collectivos and buses to take me where I wanted to go, I saw some of the city and it did not look very impressive. Tuxtla looks like typical bigger Latin American city with big market and vendor stalls all over the downtown are. Main plaza looked quite nice and impressive though. That is all I remember.

"Zoo"

In my guide book, it was stated that Tuxtla zoo is considered the best one in Latin America. Even though I think it is really special, I would not consider it the best. It is quite small, and I've seen everything in 2 hours. The best part is that pretty much all animal species found in Chiapas province are on the exhibition here and you can see them form the short distance. Different kinds of birds and even some deers are walking around freely which was cool.

"Sumidero Canyon"

This experience was awesome. I got to this small town Chiapa De Corzo by bus from Tuxtla, and there I got on the boat ride through the Sumidero Canyon. We saw a crocodile just meters away and some howler monkeys in the trees. See my travelogue for more...

Comments