Av Tecnologico 3750, Ciudad Juarez, Northern Mexico, 32612, Mexico
Krystal Business Hotel Ciudad Juarez
Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Juárez

The war .....The war .....

Group of MariachiGroup of Mariachi

US side of the bridge :)US side of the bridge :)

Walking the bridge between countries :)Walking the bridge between countries :)

Mexican Fed Highway 2 to Janos & beyond

by lorenzolait

This coming March I'm planning to depart Juarez and drive to the resort area in San Carlos, Sonora. I am searching to see whether or not anyone has traveled this highway recently, and the condition of the road itself, as well as the safety issues along the route. I plan to follow Route 2 through Chihuahua state and on to Aqua Prieta in Sonora state and then continue to Mexican Fed Highway 15D to San Carlos/Guymas, Sonora. Please let me know if anyone has followed at least part of this route. Anxiously awaiting your response.

Lorenzolait.

Re: Mexican Fed Highway 2 to Janos & beyond

by Gatopardo

Lorenzolait,

It's really hard to respond on those questions, but I will suggest a few things - I hope they can help.

My husband and I wanted to do the route Cd Juarez to kind of the way to Janos (so we could visit Casas Grandes) and figure it out a route all the way to Douglas, but it didn't work and we never made the trip. We usually followed the US border towards Nogales/Tucson. I know some roads are decent, but I really don't trust the less crowded routes, at least I know they should have retenes or what we know as militar check points. Those are common along the country. Are you familiar with those?

Your trip from Agua Prieta to Guaymas sounds better, I find that the route is better than the one across Chihuahua - but once again, I am a chicken.

Now, there's one site that it's very good at helping you plan your trip: "Secretaria de Comunicaciones y Transportes" (your equal to your office in charge of the roads). They have an application in their website, it seems to work well for route planning (by car).

The link is: http://www.e-migrantes.gob.mx/wb2/eMex/eMex_Traza_tu_Ruta

It's called "Planea tu viaje" or "Traza tu ruta".

There's a reference about it in the following website: http://www.peoplesguide.com/1pages/chapts/drive/toll/toll-road-costs.html

What you will see there is what's the route to take, if it's an autopista/toll road, how many toll roads and how much you will pay for it.

Safety and current road status are the really complicate part. I hope somebody comes to help if possible.

Good luck!

Travel Tips for Juárez

Do's and don't's

by BLSM

The first thing I was told about Juarez is don't take your car across the bridge. And don't argue with the Policia. Other than that Juarez is a nice place to visit about 3 or 4 block away from the bridge. Of course they cater to the tourists so be prepared.

Juarez, Great place to live

by Salvador01

"Location"

Paso del Norte Region
Ciudad Juarez is located in a valley that borders the Rio Bravo next to the city of El Paso, Texas, and at 233 miles to the north of the city of Chihuahua. The Sierra Juarez to the west of the city, is part of its natural landscape, as well as the river to the north and the desert to the south. It is a border and industrial city, with three international bridges that join the cities of Juarez and El Paso.

"Manufacturing Center"

Ciudad Juárez is the production center of North America. Ever since Mexico entered the “Maquiladora Program” in 1964, Ciudad Juárez has been leading the growth of this vital industry. From the first manufacturing plant to its almost 400 plants that it presently has, Ciudad Juárez has allowed industry to remain competitive in the international markets. Today, most of the total manufacturing production in Mexico corresponds to Ciudad Juárez.

"Today"

Today, Ciudad Juarez has modern hotels, excellent restaurants, several malls and recreation centers, for every taste and age. It has easy access to the rest of Mexico, through highway, train and airlines. And here, at the edge of the country, in the middle of the desert, in this city of great spaces you can find the fourth largest city of Mexico, which has social problems as the great cities throughout the world. The Mexican border cities are known for their entertainment, and Ciudad Juarez is no exception to satisfy any taste.

Juarez, Mexico

by sheeplike

"Food"

I was so paranoid about eating in Mexico because of all the stories about people getting sick. I don't know what those people ate but I didn't get sick at all. I ate carne asada tacos, fresh mango, and chips and salsa. I had a beer to drink. I didn't want to test the water. I only ate in Mexico one day. Maybe that is the difference from other people who stay there and eat all their meals there.

Juarez

by EDavis

"Juarez, Mexico"

This is my best friend, me and some stiff in Juarez. My friend has lived in Mexico on and off for a few years. She's a pure Anglo from the Main Line, but shhhh, don't tell her. She likes to think she's all Mexican, through and through.

"We All Need Somebody to Lean On"

This tree had grown to lean on the railing of the home.

Comments