Holiday Inn Express Ciudad Juarez

Paseo Triunfo de la Republica 3745, Circuito Pronaf, Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, 32310, Mexico
iStay Hotel Ciudad Juarez
Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction No Data

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Juárez

Cathedral and Mision de Guadalupe ChurchCathedral and Mision de Guadalupe Church

Me with my golden boy!Me with my golden boy!

A colorful street vendor - juice!!!A colorful street vendor - juice!!!

Cerveza at the CantinaCerveza at the Cantina

Travel Tips for Juárez

A nice website to help you plan your visit :)

by kymbanm

After I got home, and realized I didn't know streets, names of businesses, or other details most helpful to building tips, I googled about and found this wonderful website. I've been learning a lot from it, and will use it's information on my next visit to Juarez :)

http://www.juarez-mexico.com/ The colors, smells, and smiles are images I'm bringing home from my short visit to Juarez ......

A Fistful Of Dollars - Ennio Morricone

by AnnaLupilla

I have been to Ciudad Juárez once, when heading all the long way from the City of Zacatecas (Zacatecas) to see my Grandma in Colorado Springs (USA). As I almost didn't have any money left, I had to take the long way, which was 52 hours on the bus. At the bus station in Juarez I met this very pleasant couple from Guerrero, which gave me 50 pesos as a present, as I couldn't even afford the money for the bus to El Paso. Without that, I'd have had to cross the kind of dangerous border by foot, walking through rather dangerous barrios of the city all by myself at night.
Something similar happened to me again in Comitan (Chiapas), when I was escaping from the ugly City of Guatemala. Viva Durango & Guerrero!!!!
This was such a dear experience. Thank you!!!

Juarez - just a hop, skip and a jump from El Paso

by kymbanm

"A few hours in Juarez ......"

I was invited to participate in an overnight road trip with a friend and her family. The itinerary changed quite a few times, but the night before we left, I discovered I would be hopping over to Juarez for a few hours.

Needless to say, I wasn't prepared, hadn't read up on things, and just trusted the process. I enjoyed myself, and sooooo want to return :)

My initial tips are few, but hopefully helpful to other 'newbies' to this particular bordertown.

"Take a moment and chill for a bit ;)"

After driving like a fiend all day (ABQ to White Sands to El Paso) I needed a little time to decompress. A local drink I came to love is a blend of lemonaid and tea. I remembered hearing about it, so ordered something along the lines of 'Limon y te' ... I'm glad they knew what I meant - it was perfect, refreshing, and brought a smile to my face :)

"Political Grafitti ...."

As we walked back to the US over the pedestrian bridge, I stopped to practice my High School Spanish by reading the grafiti along the river under us.

Hmmm, there were some very inflamatory anti-US statements, this was the mildest one :)

To the best of my knowledge, this says, "The war of Bush is not against Iraq it is against the world".

the most dangerous place for women

by fabrice

ciudad juarez is very famous in the world; since 1993, 300 women have been raped, and killed in horrible ways ; their corpse seemed to have suffered horrible mutilations.
but 500 women have been probably raped and killed,because now it is easy to put an acid on the corpse to make it disappear. Among the victims, some girls are very young 10-12 years old.

many foreign inspectors went there to try to understand the situation; all of them are sure that the governor of chihuahua and the local police are responsible for these terrible murders.

we have also to understand that many women go to work to help their unemployed husband ; which is an insult to the macho religion in mexico.

if you have just a little walk at night near the international bridge, you will see many masculine hooligans trying to find a girl to beat or kill, thinking that it is a duty to give women " a good lesson"

but really ,who cares ? all the international organisations have only one goal : criticize George W Bush

unless you are a victim of Geoge W Bush,nobody will never care for your life

Juarez

by hustaj

Just south of El Paso Texas, juarez is pretty cool. Going to Juarez with no ID, 50 bucks and Laser printer is not the most intelligent mood I have ever pulled. The federalis did not like that but after a little bit of questioning it was cool. Some of the best tacos I have had in my whole life...and I have had more than my share of tacos.

Comments