Hotel Las Misiones

Benito Juarez 2005 Blvd

More about Monclova

Connie takes a swing!Connie takes a swing!

The American servants at lunch.The American servants at lunch.

Ladies man!Ladies man!

Fools for Christ.Fools for Christ.

Travel Tips for Monclova

Mexicans LOVE "FUT!"

by HAWLEYJ

Mexicans can't get enough of football (soccer, for us Gringos!) It seemed like every 30 minutes the kids would ask us to go play "fut" with them. And it is one of the best ways to make friends! Bring your own soccer ball if possible.

Here Come the Americans!

by HAWLEYJ

"The Family of Americans."

Here I am with 2 other burly men. My pastor (Rod) and his son-in-law and a good friend of mine, Josh. Aren't we HUGE! There were 31 of us Americans who went to Monclova.

"Me and the Gals"

Here is a photo of myself and some of my best friends. Joanna is on the left, Rachel is on my back, and Courtney is on the right.

Rachel as a clown.

Rachel's beautiful mother, Debbie.

Every day a local Mexican woman would cook fantastic food for us. It was a real treat. I honestly don't think I would ever get tired of that stuff!

Rachel and an ADORABLE little Mexican girl she (we!) fell in love with!

This big guy on guitar is Rex Edge. He is an enormously sized prison guard (no kidding!) who has a heart that can match his frame. I don't know if I've ever known anyone with a bigger, softer heart!

The very last night we were there our Mexican friends threw us the biggest, coolest party I have EVER been to!! In addition to the fabulous feast, including tomales that the women made by hand, they had a pinata and all 100 or so Mexicans present truly enjoyed seeing the Americans make fools of themselves! (But not as much as we did!)

Comments