Club Maeva Manzanillo All Inclusive

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Club Maeva Manzanillo All Inclusive

Maeva Does It Again

by TripAdvisor Member mexalberta

We returned to Club Maeva for the third time in Jan 2003. We know Maeva and got what we expect . Clean, truly Mexican accomodation, friendly staff, good food and great weather. Club Maeva has made improvements year after year. This year there is a new open air lobby and evidence of little projects such as new walkways etc being completed or starting. Our daughter is attending University in Central Mexico this semester and and came with a friend for a three day visit. Maeva was very good at helping her arrange her visit. Other resorts can take a lesson from the Maeva staff and management when it comes to integrating the people of their country and others in a happy holiday atmosphere. Can't wait to go back.

the best time of my life!!!!

I have been to club maeva twice in my life. the first time i went i was down there with my parents and it was fun i was only 16 so i wasnt aloud in the boom boom disco. But the second time i went there with a friend and we were both 18 and had the time of our lives. It was my friends first trip anywhere and she thought that she wont like it at all but then we met a few of the amigos and amigas and they were all very friendly. We are planning another trip there come maybe this Febuary of 2003 we went at the end of 2002 and it was sooooo much fun.. I cant wait we met so many fun people from all over the place.
Any was if anyone would like to email and ask any questions please feel free and i'll try and get back to a.s.a.p.
CLUB MAEVA FOR LIVE BABY!

beautiful place & tons of fun!

Club Maeva was the most amazing plave i have ever been too! the staff were very fun and friendly, and there were so many activites to do there, such as b-ball, tennis, archery, aerobics, water slides, or just tanning by the huge pool!
there is a beautiful beach right outside the resort (about a 5 minute walk) with a resturaunt, and markets. :)
i had the best time there, and was so disappointed when i had to go, but am definatley going back there some day!

Amazing!

I absolutely loved Club Maeva! I went with 4 of my girlfriends for Spring Break last year. We had the best time of our lives. We had a 2 bedroom villa that was just perfect for us! The pool is amazingly huge and there are activities all day long. Tequilla volleyball, water polo, water basketball etc. The drinks are amazing and the food is fine. Especially at Alfredo's, an Italian restaurant. I highly reccomend the adult's only pool if you want some peace and quiet. The shows at night were great, and we became quite close to some of the workers at the resort. Two of them actually came to visit us in Canada a few months ago!! Night time at club maeva is great, the boom boom disco is great fun. We had a room in the 100's so we didn't have to walk the stairs, which I could see being quite annoying. The 5 of us who all live together, all have a little cat now whose name is Maeva! I reccomend this place, especially for University students. I would definately go bac! k.

Wonderful place to get away from tourist traps

I visited Club Maeva in Manazillo with my 3 aunts 4 years ago. We went during the summer which was absolutely perfect. The weather was wonderful despite it being the rain season. The food was great, the shows were wonderful, and the staff was very friendly. Our 3 story villa was beautiful and had an excellent view of the ocean. What I really enjoyed was the fact that this part of the country is not overrun with foreign tourists. It is a quaint Mexican town with mainly Mexican visitors. My 3 aunts were all born in Mexico so it was especially neat to travel with them and hear about their childhood stories. It would break my heart to see it turn into another Cancun or Cozymel. It's too bad we can't keep places like this a secret :)

loved it!!

by TripAdvisor Member lumublu

I can't wait to go back!! We had a huge villa, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms for 2 people, and it was kept sooo clean! We even had flowers on our beds from our favourite maid, Luz. Lots of hours spent at the beach and I really enjoyed long walks there every morning. Too much food! Wonderful dinners at Alfredo's on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Great shows in the main plaza every night - the Lip Sync on Thursday night is absolutely fabulous!! I did a lot of riding, the first time was with my dear friend and travelling companion, Pam. Our guide, Samuel was so patient and gave us a very detailed tour (and an extra hour and a half). If you do ride, it is well worth the cost. The Boom Boom has great music, everything you would hear at home, but look out for the contests!! All the staff, and especially the Maevaamigos are wonderful. Thanks to Memo for playing catch with me! We always felt that we were amongst friends. The atmosphere was so good, all these happy vacationing Mexicans and Canadians! Our room was in the 600's which is a bit of a hike, but you get used to it. The view of the ocean is lovely and you can hear the surf, but not the disco! There is so much to do that there could never be enough hours in the day, or enough vacation time! My friend has been to Mexico many times and this was her first trip to Manzanillo and she enjoyed Maeva a lot. This was my first trip to Mexico and I can't wait to go back. We loved the people, especially the beautiful children. I'd say that's 2 thumbs up from 2 babes from BC!!! Thank you all at Club Maeva!

Can't wait to go back!

Five years ago, I made my first trip to Manzanillo. Everywhere I went, people said it was SAFE there. Well, three years ago, I was studying a Sunquest book and found they offered a "Single Share" rate at the Maeva. (I may get a room mate assigned, but did not have to pay the single supplement.) I felt it was something I could afford. I went for 2 weeks in Dec 2000, enjoyed myself so much, I went back for another week in March of 2001, one week in November 2001 and just returned from 2 weeks in December 2002. My last trip was booked through Air Transat and I had to pay the single supplement, so unfortunately, cannot afford another trip this winter.
Its quite a blast, the first time you ride in the back of the little truck, as the bellboys deliver you and your luggage to your room, along the winding, steep, narrow roads.
In my 4 visits, my rooms have been in the 200's, 400's, 600's and 700's. I enjoyed my last room in the 600's cause it had a great ocean view to the south west and because of its location, I was not able to hear the noise from the Boom Boom at night, just the sound of waves crashing and the intriguing night "bug" sounds. The lower number rooms are great if you don't want to climb, but I think they are a bit noiser.
I agree that the spiral stair case could be dangerous even when you are sober. The beds and pillows are hard. For some reason, I have always had problems with getting wash/face clothes. This time I even wrote a note requesting one. I got one the next morning, then none.
Breakfast is always great. I love the fresh fruit and orange juice, and there is a variety of other "familiar" stuff, as well as samples of more traditional food. I ate mostly in the Blue Seagull, or down at the Beach. I am not quite brave enough to try the "whole" fish :) but I always found plenty to eat. Always enjoy the pork and beef dishes.
The Dinner Shows were fun. The staff goes to SO much work preparing and presenting the meal.
The entertainment was not quite as good on my last trip as it has been in the past, but it is obvious they are short of Amigos. Those who are there work very hard and long hours. They are up eating breakfast with you early in the morning, entertaining you all day and then partying with you into the night. Great bunch.
I enjoy the "family" atmosphere at the Tropical Hut.
I had the best Margaritas at the Adult Pool but enjoyed mai tais everywhere.
Eating at Alfredo's is a nice change. Fun to be waited on so elegantly, enjoying great appetizers, entrees, deserts and wine, and not get presented with a bill.
The hotel staff are VERY friendly and many already know or are trying to learn English. Gotta give them credit for that.
I have become friends with some of the beach vendors, and I look forward to seeing them each time, but at times, it can be rather overwhelming, being approached to buy or have your hair braided SO much.
Its a great beach for walking. On my last visit, I saw a huge Iguana relaxing along the waters edge. If you have your own equipment, there's also a great snorkeling area. You have to be careful in the waves. I have seen some people get hurt very badly. And after you get hit by a wave, you will have sand in every imaginable place!
The hotel has recently remodelled the reception area, and I understand they are going to add internet access for guests, which will be great.
Friends required the services of the hotel doctor, including two nights stay in the hospital, which was kind of primative compared to ours, but efficient and clean. The doctor wanted them to pay, but their insurance company emphatically told them not to.
While there, I have heard arguments from both sides, some who really enjoyed themselves and those who did not, but the majority say they would go back. There is so many things you can do, for those who want to be active, yet places you can go to enjoy doing nothing. Sorry if this seems like a "book" but I have really grown to enjoy my visits to the Maeva and look forward to going back.

I'd definitely go again!

I can see why they are trying for a 4 star rating - but it depends on what you expect - our 4 star is not Mexico's 4 star. Aside from the walking to everywhere we had a great time. The staff were friendly and I highly recommend the mini-club. Our chicklet is 2.5 years old and I was impressed by the security and activities. I think the rooms are dangerous especially if you're drinking or have small kids. The villa we had you could easily kill yourself coming down the narrow steps from the upper bedroom, but what the heck you're in there so little of the time. If you go - get a room in the 100-300 level if you don't want to walk - we were in the 600 - but you get used to it. I'm sure Manzanillo means "land of hills". Some nights the food was great some nights so-so - it was nice they had burgers all the time at lunch and omelettes in the morning. I think from the very few setbacks we had - all in all we had a great time - I'd definitely go back again.

Waste of my vacation time

It was very disappointing from the beginning. Registration desk hardly understood English and were very indifferent. The food was definitely not good. Always the same thing and most time one did not know what the food was. The Villa was very clean but the 2-inch futon mattresses were hard and terribly uncomfortable to sleep on. The noise was incredible day and night (til 4am). The early evening entertainment in the plaza was nice but so loud. The smell of raw sewage was terrible and where was the beach??? The beach was not really a beach butj ust oily sand and pushy vendors all over. Margueritas weren't bad but very diluted. My partner and I would never return in the area. Oh! I forgot, postcards are $2.00 CDN and the stamps $1.90CDN. We mailed our postcards December 12, 2002 and were received January 23, 2003. I guess they check the mailboxes once a month.

very disappointed!

Went there on Jan 4th and it was still full of vacationing Mexican families with many kids and much pushing and shoving to get to the buffet! The food was disappointing and the beach was the worst I have seen for a long time. They really need to improve the beach seating and keep the beach area cleaner. Rooms were O.K. but hard work to get to after a day in the sun with all the stairs. Entertainment was good, and the entertainment staff were very friendly. We were glad that we weren't staying for 2 weeks and found most of the other Canadians felt the same way. Definitely not a repeater.

Snoopy in ManzanilloSnoopy in Manzanillo