Hotel Plaza Tucanes - Manzanillo

Avenida del Tesoro 1 S/N, Peni­nsula de Santiago, Manzanillo, Pacific Coast, 28200, Mexico
CheapTickets.com Asiatravel.com Otel.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Manzanillo

Bus Terminal, Main EntranceBus Terminal, Main Entrance

A mount, a church and policemen in ManzanilloA mount, a church and policemen in Manzanillo

I posedI posed

Late August Family Trip

by Standiamond

I hope to make a trip with my family of eleven (includes five kids) to Manzanillo and Guadalajara. We intend to rent a van and divide our time between the two places. What do you think of that plan? Any suggestions about hotels in Manzanillo? Any places that are particularly interesting between the two cities? What is the weather like at the end of August? I am an independent traveler and speak decent Spanish. Thanks.

Re: Late August Family Trip

by melosh

I almost started to write you the question , 'Why divide your time between these two cities?' Then I re-read the "interesting between the two cities" sentence and decided that you do understand that one of the prime advantages to renting a van is the chance to easily stop at smaller places along the way. The most direct route between the two cities is highway 54. I have not taken this route so could only tell you is what I find in one of my travel guides about Cd. Guzman and Colima. They sound worth a visit. I would exchange nights in either Manzanillo or Guadalajara for a night in one or both of these towns. I think your family would find it cheaper, more relaxed and comfortable spending time is a small town than in a larger city.

If I had to do a round trip, I would consider making either a northern or southern loop. It would add 200 to 300 miles but I would plan to stop along the way. I think going the southern loop through Uruapan would be the most interesting.

Good Luck, Bob

PS: It is good that you speak decent Spanish, because use of indecent Spanish can be hazardous to your health.

Travel Tips for Manzanillo

What is that noise?

by pencho15

During our stay at Manzanillo every night we heard a strange sound, and we didn't have a clue about what it could be, it didn't sound like anything we heard before like a cricket or a bird.
One night I was heading to my room trought the already deserted corridors when I saw something runing to a garden to hide from me. I managed to catch it, it was a small frog and in that moment I knew this animals were responsible of the nocturne sounds we heard, I felt a lot of tenderness when the amphibian, feeling menaced tried to hide below my clock, after sharing the discovery with my family I returned the frog to the garden in wich I had found it and went to sleep.

I really thing is marvelous that wildlife and humans are still able to share this urban space, I hope the people of Manzanillo realize the economic, cultural and health advantages that nature provides and that they take the necessary measures to protect it and preserve it, it is great to see that we don't have to live in gray, polluted and noisy cities if we gave ourselves a chance of enjoying and protecting everything that nature gave us.

Comments