Casa de la Cuesta

32 Cuesta de San Jose, San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, 37700, Mexico

More about Casa de la Cuesta

One of the best

Bill & Heidi were amazing hosts. Their knowledge of San Miguel and the surrounding area was most helpful to us. The breakfasts were delicious with authentic Mexican food and American fare for the less adventuresome, including their homemade breads and desserts. The ambiance of the dining area was outstanding. The culture of Mexico was well represented throughout the bed and breakfast. Heidi's and Bill's love of the Mexican people and culture was obvious as they talked with their guests and explained many of the crafts on display. The location offers a breathtaking view of the city and is only a short walk from the center of town. The price was worth every penny. The staff was very courteous and the rooms were spotless.

The best there is......

Heidi and Bill are wonderful hosts. Their bread and breakfast is one of the prettiest and most inviting in San Miguel. I have stayed at others, only when they are full. My first choice is to be in an environment that is warm, interesting and has spectacular views. Staying there is like staying at a Mexican folkloric museum. Make sure you ask Heidi to give you her cultural talk in their art gallery. You will learn more about the Indigenous Tribes of Mexico in one hour than what most museums offer around Mexico. Worth every penny!

Loved the Casa de la Cuesta B&B

My husband and I visited Mexico for the first time in May 2004. All of our arrangements were done on the internet/e-mail, therefore, we were not sure what to expect.

From touchdown at Leon airport (the B&B made arrangements for us to be picked up), the Casa de la Cuesta's hosts and staff made our visit perfect. In no time we felt as if we were visiting and laughing with old friends. Not to mention the beauty of the B&B itself, and the warmth of the San Migulians.

Will we return to San Miguel? Yes, in the near future we hope (there is so much more we want to explore), and we will return to the Casa de la Cuesta ~ for sure!

Bill, Heidi, and staff thank you for a wonderful introduction to Mexico, where we will remember our relaxing stay with our "new" friends.

Oh, did we mention breakfast? Delicious!
Enough said.

Stunning B&B

We've stayed at a lot of B&Bs in the past, some good, some bad. We've never stayed in any place as wonderful as Casa de la Cuesta before. Heidi, Bill and their staff seem to have rewritten the book on hospitality. From the moment you arrive, you're inundated with exquisite art exquisitely presented and with a hospitality that makes you feel like you've just come home after a long trip. San Miguel de Allende has its share of places to see, and Heidi and Bill go out of their way to help you figure out what you want to see and how to do it. But a place as gorgeous and relaxing as this B&B is a destination in its own right. We can't wait to go back!

Casa de la Cuesta is a treasure

A wonderful hotel. We loved every minute. Hosts Heidi and Bill were most accomodating and went far beyond what was expected to make sure we were comfortable. They are most knowledgeable about the area's attractions and shopping secrets. Our suite was spotlessly clean, the view incredible and the location was most convenient. We were lucky enough to have 4 of the gourmet breakfasts -- each served on a different set of Talavera pottery. I cannot wait to go back, I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else, and heartily recommend it to anyone fortunate enough to be able to visit this charming part of Mexico.

Casa de la Cuesta is Awesome!!!!

Casa de la Cuesta was the most pleasant and cool suprise of my recent visit to central Mexico. Heidi and Bill are so friendly and hospitable I wanted to move in! They make you feel like family - "mi casa es su casa" really is true at Casa de la Cuesta. As a photographer and artist, I was amazed by the attention to detail, art and comfort all combined in one place. And the breakfasts are uncompareable to any where else I've EVER stayed! The views of the city are extrodinary and the art gallery is exceptional in the artists that are represented along with the Heidi's knowledge of indigenous art. If you have a chance to go to San Miguel del Allende, do not stay anywhere but Casa de la Cuesta!

Casa de la Cuesta - Wonderful B&B

by TripAdvisor Member Lista

Casa de la Cuesta is a lovely, classically styled new building with great views, lovely patios, friendly & helpful hosts, and wonderful ambience. The 5 guest rooms are stunning and comfortable. It's a steep walk up the hill behind the artians' market, but well worth the climb. We really recommend it!

Magnifico!

Casa de la Cuesta is first-rate all the way, from the charming setting to the grand and meticulously maintained building and grounds to the museum-quality Mexican folk art collection throughout to the luscious--and bountiful-- breakfasts to the savvy and personable proprietors. I honestly don't know how our experience could have been improved upon. It's not inexpensive, but well worth every centavo. You won't want to leave!

Casa de la Cuesta

It was a little bit of heaven for me to take time
with my 5 girl friends of 25 years. The place we
stayed was 5 star with amenities that couldn't
be duplicated. Casa de le Cuesta was a delite that gave
us a feeling of such peace and joy (the kind you
wish everyone at Christmas Time). Wonderful breakfasts each morning, rooms with exciting
Mexican motif as well as beautiful tiled baths made
me feel pampered. The owners Bill and Heidi were
always there to assist us with any questions we
might have about where to go to eat, shop or
perhaps take a cooking class. The refrigerator was
always open for water, soda, wine, or beer. The water fountain in the courtyard as well as the church bells that rang at night gave me a sense of
where I was. I will return to share the experience
with other women.

Casa de la Cuesta is the BEST!

My friends and I spent 4 nights with Bill and Heidi at Casa de la Cuesta. It is a wonderful B& B that refreshed me after a day of shopping and chatter. The decor, the fountains, the art is all perfect. The rooms are wonderful and the breakfasts are delicious and plentiful! I will definitely return.

Comments