Casa Calderoni Bed and Breakfast

#4, Guanajuato, San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, 37700, Mexico

More about Casa Calderoni Bed and Breakfast

What a find!

by TripAdvisor Member MickeyMar

With each room named for a famous artist, Casa Calderoni is a charming, delightful B&B. We stayed in the "Paul Gaugin" room, which had a lovely terrace with a fabulous view. The staff, led by manager Luis, was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast room is warm and cozy. It a small city that's getting more expensive all the time, this
is a wonderful deal and we'll definitely stay there when we return to San Miguel de Allende.

Fantastico

by TripAdvisor Member benkue

What a fabulous B & B in exquisite San Miguel. I can not think of a better place to stay in San Miguel. It is perfect in every way. Centrally located only about 3 blocks from the main square ( and an ATM). Close to restaurants and entertainment. Try the shrimp cocktail and onion soup at Harry's American Bar just up the street. The best I have ever had. Wonderful cook staff at the Casa Calderoni provide great full American breakfasts or , if you prefer huevos rancheros. The managers and support staff could not be better. Great panoramic views from the roof. I'll be back! BenK

A great little hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Gustie63

My wife and I spent five nights at the Casa Calderoni. Even though we were in its smallest room (The Van Gogh), we loved staying there. The owners are very friendly and the staff very helpful. The breakfasts were good, the roof top view wonderful and the location great, the whole hotel charming and very clean. The price was also very reasonable. We cannot give a you a better recommendation!

Casa Calderoni was wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member travelilike

I invited my partner to Mexico City and San Miguel de Allende, he's never been there. From the moment we arrived at Casa Calderoni, we felt we were among family. The place is impecably clean and friendly. Breakfast was incredible, you get to seat and chat with other guests and the owners Ben & Merry Calderoni. Once we checked in to our room, (The O'keefe suite) with windows overlooking the garden, we came down and Luis Maciel the manager gave us all kinds of suggestions on what to see and where to eat and have drinks. The city's architecture is gorgeous and with plenty of Cafes and Restaurants and nightlife you can stay here for months. The only bad thing we can say is, we stayed only for one night. One thing is for sure, we will be back to San Miguel de Allende and Casa Calderoni. Thank You!

Wonderful Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member VisitorNewYork

My friend and I stayed at Casa Calderoni for a few nights and had a wonderful time. The service was excellent, the room lovely and the breakfast was delicious. We stayed in the room with the private balcony, which was huge and a great place to sit and relax while admiring the view after a day of walking and touring.
I would definitely stay here again!

Manager Luis the best

by TripAdvisor Member sashabob

I'm writing not as a guest but as a neighbor who has experienced Luis's kindness and generosity. Our street is torn up because of public works; as a result, we were in desperate need of a gangplank to get from our door to the street before a dozen people arrived for dinner. Speedily and graciously, Luis provided one. What a great guy! Casa Calderoni is blessed with such a manager.

Casa Calderoni Couldn't Be Better

by TripAdvisor Member Pistolero

You can't help but be immediately impressed with the quality and beauty of Casa Calderoni's setting. Merry Calderoni, a talented artist, obviously put her talent to work in decorating each room. The common areas are beautiful and tranquil, and the quality of the guests (I've stayed there twice) is of the highest caliber--interesting, dynamic, polite, and engaging. Merry and Ben make a point to join the guests for breakfast each day. The food is wonderful, and the conversation (with the Calderonis and the other guests) is a very pleasant way to start the day. Ben and Merry only employ the best help, which is also immediately evident. I wholeheartedly recommend Casa Calderoni.

Matt Green
Tucson, AZ

Pure delight

by TripAdvisor Member Kayte1

Nine days of pure delight at Casa Calderoni B&B. Rooms are fun with all their artists' showcased in various rooms. We were in the Matisse room with a huge Matisse mural on one wall which had been painted by artist owner, Mary Calderoni. Mary and/or husband, Ben, shared breakfast each morning with guests. Owners and staff were knowledgable, and ready to provide any services required. General manager, Luis, not only runs the B&B well, he also appears in a band at a nearby restaurant each evening. Another employee, Edwardo, doubles as a great tour guide. I highly recommend Casa Calderoni - it was certainly perfect for us as first-time tourists and we will return the next opportunity we have.

FANTASTIC!

by TripAdvisor Member travelleratlarge

My husband and I recently returned from a week long stay in San Miguel de Allende. We had a terrific time and were very extremely pleased with the Casa Calderoni which only added to our wonderful experience. The hotel is truly beautiful with an artistic and Mexican charm which I was seeking and found. The room was comfortable and impeccably clean and the breakfast room, TV/computer nook and patios are all lovely. The top floor patio has a beautiful view of the city! The owners and staff of the hotel were all friendly and professional. Luis, the manager, helped us on several occasions with questions and transportation and everything worked out perfectly. I'd absolutely recommend the Casa Calderoni to anyone and look forward to returning again myself!

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member brubrew

My wife and I just returned from staying a week at the Casa Calderoni where we truly enjoyed our total experience. We loved our room and the staff went out of their way to make our stay a very pleasant one. Ben and Merry made us feel welcome as well as Luis the manager. Eduardo took us on tours to Guanajuato and Queretaro and he was a delightful guide. The breakfast was spectacular. A real feature was the free phone calls back to the US as well as free internet access. All in all we had a great time.

Comments