Casa de Liza

Bajada Del Choro 7, San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, 37700, Mexico

• Unhappy Resolution in San Miguel de Allende

My wife and I stayed at the Casa Liza hotel in San Miguel de Allende during the weekend of February 23-25, 2007. We made reservations for one of their rooms but were mistakenly taken to a different room, which was less expensive and not as nice. While we were content with the room, we did request to have the cost deducted from our final bill. We made this request for the refund the night before we left and the woman at the front desk said she was unable to reduce the charges or refund our credit card but would instead send us a check in the mail. We agreed to that since the people at the hotel had been kind to us and seemed very trustworthy.

After writing to the hotel for a few weeks to request the money, the business manager of Casa Liza (Lorenzo Campos) finally emailed me on March 31, 2007 to indicate that they were sending us the money. By May 4, 2007, I wrote to them again to inform them that the check never arrived and that anything less than sending it again via certified mail was unacceptable. Mr. Campos wrote back to me on May 7, 2007 informing me that they would send the check via certified mail with Estafeta and he did send me the tracking number. However, the check never arrived. Since I had the tracking number, I at least was able to determine that the package was in Tijuana and last located in Tijuana (May 9, 2007). However, Estafeta would not give me any details regarding the letter and said that the only one with whom they would discuss the matter was the sender (Casa Liza). I asked Mr. Campos via email to find out the problem and he said in late June 2007 that he would do so and fix the problem. However, he never contacted me again about the check nor has he responded to any of my three emails since that time. It is now the second week of July and clearly he has no intention of doing so.

• cowboy8's Profile Photo

Like a Second Home

My stay at Casa De Liza could not have been more pleasant. Olivia and I felt like children of a royal family. I have never been fussed over so much. When I think of Liza & her mother Charlotte I feel a sense of being looked after. Of course we had all the privacy we wanted, but if I wanted to talk or ask a question there was always someone available.

We arrived at 1:00 a.m. and a staff member was waiting to take us to our Casa and help with our luggage. When we pulled up Jesus appeared, grabbed a handful of bags and escorted us to our Casa, "Casa Maria Luna." I was so relieved to not have to wake someone, or pound on a gate or door at that hour.

Everyone was very helpful getting me on line with my laptop. On the third day of my stay I was uploading Photo's to my web site from the desk top of Casa Maria Luna.

I would recommend Casa De Liza En El Parque to anyone who would like to experience living in San Miguel de Allende. I don't feel like I visited San Miguel, I feel like lived there for a week. It was a wonderful experience.

Unique Quality: Liza restored the Casa we stayed in, and she did a beautiful job. Charlotte, Liza's mother is a very talented decorator and her tastes are reflected in the every corner of this grand estate. On our last evening at Casa de Liza, Susana one of the staff took us through the other Casas and Villas on the estate. Every Villa and Casa was beautiful. The Gardens are lovely and full of healthy lush plantings. The whirl pool sauna is large and very relaxing. There are plenty of places to sit in the different patios and gardens.

Breakfast can be served in the beautiful dinning room, in your Casa or in one of the lovely gardens and patios.

Comments