Hotel Portal

Calzada de Aurora 5 Colonia centro, San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, 37700, Mexico

Satisfaction Terrible

More about San Miguel de Allende

Back part of the churchBack part of the church

Street Scene in San Miguel de AllendeStreet Scene in San Miguel de Allende

Woman in main plazaWoman in main plaza

Fresh BananasFresh Bananas

September in San Miguel

by madwrk

We - a couple who live in Todos Santos, BCS - plan to travel for the month of September on the mainland. We would like to spend a week in San Miguel and are looking for a small self-contained casita to rent. We do not need a huge kitchen - just enough space and necessities to prepare breakfast and lunch. We have a guest casita in Todos Santos and would consider a trade - the trade to be used at a time convenient to both parties. Our casita can be seen at www.casasofiabaja.com We are also willing to pay rent - maybe $650 a week? We will be traveling by bus and would like central accommodations. Please let us know if you have any suggestions.

Re: September in San Miguel

by gomexico

You're wise to be asking about this now - because September is one of the busiest times (maybe the busiest) of the year in San Miguel de Allende: there's the Fiestas Patrias celebrations, the running of the bulls, assorted religious days . . . and the biggie of them all, the blowout for San Miguel himself. I don't have a specific suggestion for you. I did lots of research last year when I planned to be there in September, also - and the VRBO website produced some excellent leads; you might want to give that a shot for starters (if you haven't already).

Re: September in San Miguel

by hermesdad

For $650 a week you should be able to have a little kitchen, too. Look at ensuenos.com and sanmiguelrentals.com for some options and to get a general feel. If you want to trade, you might try craigslist.com under Guanjuato (the state San Miguel is in). There are always a surprising number of trades listed whenever I search any city there. Good luck! matt

Travel Tips for San Miguel de Allende

Cozy bar Called El Caporal

by MookieStephens

This may apply to music lovers or musicians most,but this bar has an open stage 7 nights a week,and can stay open way until the early A.M hours.If your into it,you'll be willing to pay for slightly higher drink prices than normal.
Many nights it is a small intimate crowd.

Churros and coffee

by searcey about San Agustin

Great breakfast and churros. Also a great place to run into people you have met around town. It is crowded for breakfast so get there early or plan to wait in line. Great place to stop during the day for a quick pick up and place to regroup for the rest of the day of sightseeing and shopping.

Service can sometimes be a little slow but then again you are in Mexico. The Churros because they are hot and fresh.

by CarmenCarmena

"San Miguel de Allende business review"

Avoid the following real estate company:
Royalty Real Estate on Zacateros in Centro - write to me for the fraud and misrepresentation this company's owner William "Bill" "Guillermo" Rodman did to my family.

by ephobius

This town is a colonial jewel. You'll love its cobblestone streets and centuries old buildings. It's very touristy and many Americans retire here.

It also has great night life. Dozens of restaurants, bars and discos offer mariachi, cumbia, folk, jazz, rock and other ambiances.

The town's original name was San Miguel el Grande, being San Miguel the name and el Grande (the Big One) the nickname. That is because some towns had the same name, so it was necesary to differenciate them. The solution in ancient times was to add a nickname (in other regions it was added the original indian name). The town name was later changed to honour Ignacio Allende [Ah-yen-deh], an Independence War hero, who lived there. The name translation would be then Saint Michael of Allende. Sounds really strange, uh? I bet you prefer the Spanish name... and I do too!

by Royal63

"Corner store"

Cute sign- one of the words means "little goose". As you see, the streets are either rock or cobblestone.

"Part of the Parroquia Church"

I tried to get this temple and the Parroquia church in. These architectural buildings are enormous.

"I wish I had a zoom lens"

When I was in the plane getting ready to leave Leon INt'l airport, I saw this train not far away. Well it didn't look that far away until I got the picture developed.

"Waiting to go home"

I took this picture inside the Leon Int'l Airport (BJX). It looks like they were loading up our luggage and getting the stairs close to the plane for us to board.

"Pretty window"

This was a window in one of the homes we toured in the Home and Garden Tour. They also have a counter top made of a gorgeous stone, made in Mexico. I don't remember what it is called, but it sure is nice looking!

"VT Meeting"

I am on the far left, in the green top. Ronald T, his wife Elsa, and her mother from left to right. We had a wonderful time meeting, talking, then walked down the street to El Camparia (something like that). The restaurant was really nice, and the food & service was super. I had a really nice time. I will be back in the fall.

"Friends and Family Gathering"

Here we are at my Uncle's having a good time with some of the friends he has met in San Miguel. I am in the red. My mom is on the left, my uncle is leaning in and my Grandfather is the 91 year old man.

"Typical street"

This street was behind my Uncle's house. We walked down this street almost every day. This is a residential area. There are a few stores in the area, but they are very small.

Comments