Hotel Portal Ocho

Policemen in San Miguel's downtownPolicemen in San Miguel's downtown

Street Scene in San Miguel de AllendeStreet Scene in San Miguel de Allende

Laundry DayLaundry Day

Roasted CornRoasted Corn

swimming pool in San Miguel ?

by glenn57

This is probably a stupid question, but would there happen to be a public swimming pool in San Miguel de Allende ? I realize it´s a small place, but just in case....

Re: swimming pool in San Miguel ?

by barbaroja

Pools? We got Pools!

...and they are fed by hot springs!

See the links to Xote and Escondido from this page:

There are several others, each has it's own personality. One of my favorites is La Gruta.

Barba Roja
www.smamap.com

Travel Tips for San Miguel de Allende

A Relaxing day at the Spa

by lareina

Just outside of San Miguel there are many balnearios, or spas built around natural springs. I visited one called 'La Gruta' which was about a 12 minute taxi drive from central San Miguel. There was a restaurant, lawns for picknicking or tanning, and three pools. Through one pool you could wade down a dark tunnel into a large dome-shaped cave and relax in the warmest waters and listen to water dripping from the stone ceiling.

Balneario La Gruta
Carretera San Miguel de Allende-Dolores Km. 10

Home Cooking

by lareina about Cha Cha Cha

Cha Cha Cha is a cozy little Mexican restaurant ran by a Mexican-American couple in the neighborhood of Colonia San Antonio. They have great cheap meals and a lovely patio decorated with streamers and bird cages. The specials are always good.

San Miguel de Allende - Mexico

by chizz

"San Miguel de Allende"

San Miguel de Allende is one of my favourite places to visit in Mexico and I had the chance to do so when a friend and I accompanied our flight attendant friend on a stopover to Leon, Guanajuato.
From here we got on a bus and went to San Miguel for the day which is a lovely cobbled, colonial town - full of nice shops and places to eat.
Would love to return one day!

A Short but Sweet Visit

by Ames24

I had a chance to see just a little of San Miguel de Allende with a youth group from a church in Queretaro. The group went to someone's house in San Miguel for a big BBQ of carne and everything, which was SO delicious, and a game of soccer. In the evening, we walked down to the main plaza where I got to see their unique cathedral.

Even though Queretaro and San Miguel are only about a 1/2 drive apart, I discovered in the San Miguel souvenir shops that they did have a wide selection of unique souvenirs that I had not seen in Queretaro. Be sure if that interests you that you have some cash-on-hand to pick some memoirs up.

A real visit to San Miguel deserves way more than one evening or probably a single day.

Unique look, eh!?

Our Casa De Liza Friends

by cowboy8

"Tango and Fashion show,"

Charlotte took Olivia and I to a Fasion show on our first day in San Miguel. The Models danced the Tango for us.

"Charlotte Levine, our role model"

Charlotte and her daughter operate an elegant bed and breakfast in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. Charlotte is undoubtedly one of the most influential people I have met to date. Influential for me that is. I cannot imagine spending time with her and not being changed by the experience of Charlotte sharing her wisdom. We talked about Politics, the Internet, marketing, Mexico, the US, cats, dogs. She is wonderful to talk with, and listen to. She took Olivia and I to a Tango exhibit and fashion show the first morning we were in San Miguel. By the evenings end I felt like Charlotte and her daughter Liza had introduced me to half of the town. It was a wonderful day I will always remember it fondly. Charlotte watched over us like we were her own family.

Comments