Las Terrazas San Miguel

Santo Domingo #3, San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, 37700, Mexico

More about Las Terrazas San Miguel

A magical place

This was my second trip to San Miguel De Allende and second stay in Casa Grillo at Las Terrazas. I could not imagine a better place to stay anywhere ! The location of Las Terrazas is perfect, an easy walk to the jardin, yet up a hill, so it provides a fantasic view of the city below. There are shops, restaurants, churches, bakeries, just a few short blocks away.
Greg and Murray are warm, welcoming hosts who pay great attention to detail, as well as having fabulous taste in art and furnishings ! They are incredibly helpful with everything; from restaurant recommendations, to side trips, to shopping, and airport transportation. I can't wait to go back !

Basking in the afterglow!

"Casa Grillo," with two spacious bedrooms and a recently completed second bathroom, was the perfect space for our family of 4. Within days of our arrival we were so comfortable with the neighborhood and our surroundings that our children, ages 11 & 14, were able to walk to the Jardin, local market, and panaderia alone while enjoying both new found freedom and independence. Attention to detail abounds throughout Las Terrazas. Not only are things done well, they are done well beyond expectation. Prepare to be impressed. You simply will not find more gracious hosts than Murray, Greg, and their loveable mascot, Fred. Their advice and assistance, when requested, regarding everything from flight information and ground transportation to shopping, the arts, local attractions, restaurants, and bargains is unparalleled. We will be basking in the afterglow of this delightful experience for a very long time.

Nesting In Total Comfort

by TripAdvisor Member bohemio

Las Terrazas in San Miguel was an oasis away from home. The owners, Greg and Murray made sure of that! When we arrived at Casa Colibri, the terrace with the cool evening breeze immediately caught our attention. It's like you are surrounded by trees with a tranquil fountain. We knew this would be our nightly destination enjoying soft music and nightcaps under the stars. Casa Colibri is the perfect accommodation for two complete with a sitting area, dining area, galley style kitchen and a beautiful queen size bed in a quaint sleeping alcove. Greg and Murray are the perfect hosts. Their kindness and knowledge of San Miguel provided us with a vacation we shall never forget.

Best Place to Stay in San Miguel!

From the moment we made our reservations, we were completely taken care of by the warm hospitality of Greg & Murray, owner/operators of Las Terrazas. They arranged for transportation from the Leon airport to Las Terrazas, and upon arrival, had wine, fruit, and croissants for us. Fresh milk and juices were also already in our refrigerator. They provided us with “The Best Map of San Miguel” upon arrival, and each Friday they delivered to our doorstep a copy of “Attencion,” the weekly English newspaper covering the weekly happenings of San Miguel.

The “casitas” of Las Terrazas are situated on the grounds in such a way that each feels like a private oasis. Even though the walk from Las Terrazas to the Jardin took only 5 minutes, the neighborhood was very quiet (unlike many other properties in town). Greg & Murray were always happy to answer our questions, provide suggestions, and assist in any ways. The climate, culture, and people of San Miguel make it a fantastic destination. The special casitas and care that we were shown at Las Terrazas make it our favorite choice when staying in San Miguel.

Lovely

My recent stay was wonderful. I can't recommend this place enough. It is a gentle walk down to the jardin, less than 10 minutes, and the view is lovely from Casa Colibri. Murray and Greg did a great job of making my stay a delight. The grounds are beautiful and the fountain on my private terrace put me gently to sleep. I wish I were there right now.

Las Terrazas lived up to all my expectations.

When stepping into Las Terrazas in San Miguel, I entered a total environment of beauty, tranquility, graciousness, and gentility. Not only were the grounds and out door spaces abundant with flowering tropical plants, the casas themselves were the epidemy of good taste. The owners and staff of Las Terrazas were always on hand to meet my every need. Casa Mariposa was spectacular, with its newly expanded private terrace, its large expanse of windows, and its many ammenities. Welcoming wine, flowers, baked goods, and condiments made me feel right at home. The location of the property in San Miguel makes it very easy to reach all the points of interest and it is an easy walk to the main jardin. The hosts at Las Terrazas go out of their way to make you feel welcome and are so helpful in making travel arrangements. Hopefully Las Terrazas will become an annual part of my travels. I would highly recommend staying at Las Terrazas to any world traveler who values quality.

Mexican Paradise

We couldn't believe how fortunate we were to have discovered Las Terazzas on our very first visit to San Miguel. Our private Casa Colibri was perfect in every way---- featuring a complete galley kitchen,the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in and a gorgeous view of the city below from our own terrace complete with a tranquilizing fountain. Hosts- Greg and Murray were on hand upon our arrival and provided us with literally all we needed to know via an informitive booklet on the restaurants, places of interest, transportation etc. Las terazzas itself is a tropical paradise redundant with bougainvilla, exotic plants and musical chimes. Our gracious hosts further welcomed us with juice,coffee, wine, milk and muffins. We loved our visit wo much we are returiing for a full month---Las Terazzas of course. No need to look further. John, Barbara Love Naples, Fla.

Takes You Breath Away!

The beauty and tranquility of Las Terrazas can only be experienced in person, as words are not sufficient. We spent eight fabulous days in the lovely studio Casa Colibri, which is like living in a magical treehouse, among tropical exotic plants, hummingbirds, a soothing fountain and breathtaking sunsets. The casa features a complete galley kitchen which we found stocked with wine, milk, juice, coffee and croissants. Lovely fresh flowers adorned the dining room table. The casa was sparkling clean and fresh with a staff that is friendly and helpful.

The private terrace of Casa Colibri offers you fabulous views of colonial San Miguel

Greg and Murray, the owners/hosts of Las Terrazas are gracious, friendly, caring and extremely knowledgeable about San Miguel. We were completly taken care of, from the arrangement of our transprotation upon our arrival in Leon, to the day of our departure. We found them both to be very special people and enjoyed the time we spent with them. They simply are "The Perfect Hosts"

We can hardly wait for our return to Las Terrazas in February and April.

Vastly exceeds the highest expectations!

Lush, bright, beautifully decorated, private patios for each casa, modern ammenities in a traditional setting. Superb hosts. Perfect location. Right near the Jardin, but on a quiet street. Incredible gardens and wonderful flowers. Luxurious in an understated way that makes you feel as if you never want to leave! Thank you. All accomodations should strive for what you deliver!

Doesn't Get Any Better Than Las Terrazas

It is impossible to say express my thanks to Murray and Greg for their hospitality during my recent stay at Las Terrazas in San Miguel. The gardens are absolutely beautiful with each casita snuggled in to its own private oasis where you can sit and listen to the burbling of the fountains with morning coffee or afternoon drinks. Just three blocks from the Jardin everything in town is within walking distance. All of the recommendations, from restaurants to activities met or exceeded expectations. Murray and Greg were so gracious in arranging day trips, helping with travel arrangements, etc. it was a stress free holiday. I stayed in the two bedroom casita, which is great for two couples traveling together or in my case my wife and mother as the bedrooms are at opposite ends of the home. Pastries and coffee were provided....and much welcomed.....so we could relax our first morning. I wouldn't think of staying anyplace else in San Miguel other than Las Terrazas.....and looking forward to another visit. Thank you again for a great holiday!

Comments